Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
So I ordered some new chocolate that is supposed to be "gourmet" vegan chocolate. It's supposed to come priority mail which is 2-3 days, but where I'm at it usually takes 5 days. First from it's city it went to the Oklahoma distribution center and then in transit for 4 days to who knows where, then back in transit and 5 days later it arrived to a naval base in Guam. Guam??? I am not in Guam, why it went to another continent is beyond me. Now 12 days later it is back in transit...................we'll see what shape it arrives in, if it arrives.....................lol, I have my doubts.

My hubby did get something that went to Brazil first and it was completely okay by the time it arrived....but it wasn't food.

Reactions: karen8967 and RVW

robbo505

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my reading this morning was 6.9 I had shreddies and two pieces of toast wholemeal with some spread and Jam and they are on 18. I’ve taken my one shot of insulin for the day was wondering why they are so high?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my reading this morning was 6.9 I had shreddies and two pieces of toast wholemeal with some spread and Jam and they are on 18. I’ve taken my one shot of insulin for the day was wondering why they are so high?
Hi @robbo505 , and welcome!
All carbohydrates turn to sugar in your body, and you had a lot of carbs with your breakfast.
Your meter shows your body cannot handle that many carbs.
Being on a once a day insulin regime I suspect you're on a long acting insulin. This doesn't help much with the foods you eat, it mainly takes care of your background levels. With a morning reading of 6.9 it seems to be doing it's job fairly well.

You might like to have a read of this: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/

You've posted in a type 1 thread, and according to your profile you have T2.
Would you like me to move your question to a thread of it's own?

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1611349826136.jpg

Reactions: hh1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow... Wonders will never cease..

During a consultation just now with my endo. He asks, "are you still using the Libre?"
Your A1c has improved really well."

Cheers & yes I am. Any chance on getting it prescribed?

"Well," he said, you don't fit the criteria. But I'll write your GP to change the prescription.."

That was a bit of a let down... I was distinctly told by the endo he would write the docs to change the prescription..

I've been over due a medication review with the GP. Soooooooooooo, during a phone consultation with the doc.
I mentioned the L2 & had he had any correspondence yet, from the endo.. He had.

The letter said i was advised to lower my Lantus down to 13u.. What?? I told the endo that when pre-emting a busy following day to avoid consistent lows..

The letter further waffled about i had enquired about the Libre, bur only "20 %" of diabetics are eligible...

"Clearly a miscommunication." said the GP.. Yarp, i'm going to record all consultations in future.
I wasn't even CC'd into the communication.

Sounds like it's my word against the endo.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That was a bit of a let down... I was distinctly told by the endo he would write the docs to change the prescription..

I've been over due a medication review with the GP. Soooooooooooo, during a phone consultation with the doc.
I mentioned the L2 & had he had any correspondence yet, from the endo.. He had.

The letter said i was advised to lower my Lantus down to 13u.. What?? I told the endo that when pre-emting a busy following day to avoid consistent lows..

The letter further waffled about i had enquired about the Libre, bur only "20 %" of diabetics are eligible...

"Clearly a miscommunication." said the GP.. Yarp, i'm going to record all consultations in future.
I wasn't even CC'd into the communication.

Sounds like it's my word against the endo.
Not sure how to express my initial reaction to this without breaking forum rules or wear out my asterisk key. What a mess.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee outrageous that you were not copied in. Poor work by the endo. Never mind getting your hopes up re Libre.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I am so sorry to hear that @Jaylee. Not just a let down, but one that really just messes with you mind wise. Would it be possible to call the endo's office and tell them that the discussion had included getting a L2, but maybe when he wrote the notes he didn't remember what he said as it wasn't in the notes?

Sometimes they write things later and they really don't remember or they rethink things since it's not so fresh in their minds. And sometimes being pushier, the squeaky wheel thing does work better. I would think it's worth a try, but I don't know how your health system works.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee outrageous that you were not copied in. Poor work by the endo. Never mind getting your hopes up re Libre.

Hi,

I've been involved in the music business for years.. I see this endo's approach as no different. (I've seen some stuff, so should have known better?)
He made a verbal agreement with no intention of "paying off."

The only difference twix this HCP & a promoter or venue owner/manger is when I or we provide services rendered, under the agreement. They have to legally pay the invoice.

Interestingly, I was commended on "performance" by the endo.. (Which even if the "band sucked." Under music law gets paid.)

I'm looking at getting referred to a hospital 7 miles in the other direction West. (My old stomping ground.) I just hope this guy don't cover that area too.

However, this is "health care." I've personally seen worse with others..

That's "showbizz."

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
FDA approves ready-to-inject glucagon injection.