Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

There is merit in our faultiness!! Who wants to be perfect all the time, where is the challenge in that!! And whoever piloted a less than optimal pancreas without some crashes, air pockets and water skiing along the way ??

I don't mind the odd cockrell up so long as I can catch it early, should really have checked before I did, but felt OK, guess my Hypo and Hyper awarness is not as it should be Ho Hum.

We all make mistakes along the way, T1D is just a game and although we have the new tech around us, it simple can't replace the stoopidity of ourselves, even the ones who are "long time experts" get it wrong.

So 27 units of Sluggish now in me since 08:25 and it has leveled out at 18.2 so I have stopped it climbing. I just want/need the crash now, and will be running low for the next week even if that means low 4's possible high 3's.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I don't mind the odd cockrell up so long as I can catch it early, should really have checked before I did, but felt OK, guess my Hypo and Hyper awarness is not as it should be Ho Hum.

We all make mistakes along the way, T1D is just a game and although we have the new tech around us, it simple can't replace the stoopidity of ourselves, even the ones who are "long time experts" get it wrong.

So 27 units of Sluggish now in me since 08:25 and it has leveled out at 18.2 so I have stopped it climbing. I just want/need the crash now, and will be running low for the next week even if that means low 4's possible high 3's.

WOW, not a good morning for you. And you are right us old timers/experts(!) do make mistakes :). I hope your crash isn't a BIG one mate. Sluggish has a tendency to do that to you.

I woke to a 7.3 (OKish), usual morning carbs and usual bolus, now on 9.9, have had 2 single unit corrections to keep it in single figures.

Reactions: kitedoc and kev-w

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Omnipod day tomorrow. Slightly bricking it, it’s the biggest change to my healthcare regime in 20 years. I’ve installed Nightscout on the husband’s phone, with an alarm set at 3mmol, so he can keep half an eye on me as I’m alone/driving/working with blowtorches a lot. Just while I get used to it.

Good luck for tomorrow @Mel dCP. I am sure you will have it nailed in no time at all

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Just checking in while I burn Ferocious dog CDs for the car... @Jaylee - have you come across them?

@kitedoc - you do get an extensive array of alarm sounds, but sadly no option to choose an Alarm gig, which is a shame. Missed opportunity there... I usually have Siri shouting URGENT! HIGH GLUCOSE!!! at me, which is fun. At 3am. I only run the alarms at night, I can keep an eye on my watch when I’m awake.

@Robinredbreast - good luck with the day’s battles. Trying to work out who MM is now! Mary McCloud?

Went to bed with a 4.9 and a glucose tablet. Stayed in the 5s almost all night, which makes me very happy. Took a unit at half three, and another two at eightish, currently at a 6.7 and slowly falling. Not got a great deal on today, work is very slow (anyone want any silver handwriting jewellery making? ;) ), so I’m going to do some more sewing repair work on my ancestral patchwork quilt that’s falling apart. Always fun to see what effect a complicated job has on my levels...

Omnipod day tomorrow. Slightly bricking it, it’s the biggest change to my healthcare regime in 20 years. I’ve installed Nightscout on the husband’s phone, with an alarm set at 3mmol, so he can keep half an eye on me as I’m alone/driving/working with blowtorches a lot. Just while I get used to it.

Good luck with the Omnipod for tomorrow. With the number of injections you seem to be taking over the past few months or so, this should hopefully make life a bit easier for you.

Would love to know how you are getting on after a few weeks as I am hoping to get a pump in the next few months although I will be getting a Medtronic 640. To be honest not sure if I could be bothered with hassle of pump plus I am a very restless sleeper and would be frightend of knocking tube off the pump.

had a decent night and so far BG have been fine this morning.

What worries me slightly is the spike I am getting after lunch. yesterday 7.8, had lunch about 45 g of carbs, museli and semi skimmed milk and had 10 units Novo rapid around 12.30. By 2.30 I was at 13.7 and this dropped back to 5.7 just after 5.30 pm
Same lunch again today so lets see how this goes

Knikki, I have forgotten to my injections a few times and its a pain. I find the older I get the more forgetful I become. Need to try and find something to remind me to take injections

Reactions: kev-w

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I think I need a chat in the corner with @Mel dCP I've had insulin resistance all week (apart from the Ikea chair moment). Anyway this morning I discovered that I'm having a period! I exclaim because this does not happen to me since getting the implant almost 8 years ago. Horror!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Also @Robinredbreast try Jeremy Cornyn. Would love to see that at Pmqs. "I have an email fro RRB, a type 1 diabetic who suffered a life threatening hypo who was dehumanized during a UC interview..."

Just emailed Maria Miller and Jeremy Corbyn, but didn't mention diabetes !!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I think I need a chat in the corner with @Mel dCP I've had insulin resistance all week (apart from the Ikea chair moment). Anyway this morning I discovered that I'm having a period! I exclaim because this does not happen to me since getting the implant almost 8 years ago. Horror!
Oh gawds, bet that was a shock, hope you had the necessary to hand? So it was shark week resistance? Blimey. I’m definitely going to name the increased-by-however-much-basal profile on the Omnipod “shark week” ;)

And thanks, @porl69 - wondering if I’ll feel all nostalgic tonight when I take my final (for now, at least) Tresiba shot... and wondering how many NovoSluggish jabs I’ll be able to squeeze in between now and then :rolleyes:

And I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t bought purple sparkly covers for the control unit :smug:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Oh gawds, bet that was a shock, hope you had the necessary to hand? So it was shark week resistance? Blimey. I’m definitely going to name the increased-by-however-much-basal profile on the Omnipod “shark week” ;)

And thanks, @porl69 - wondering if I’ll feel all nostalgic tonight when I take my final (for now, at least) Tresiba shot... and wondering how many NovoSluggish jabs I’ll be able to squeeze in between now and then :rolleyes:

And I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t bought purple sparkly covers for the control unit :smug:

Am with you on that. WHEN I eventually get onto the pump I will be lost without injecting myself, its only been for 46 years!!!!
LOL purple sparkly cover....interesting :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Yes indeed, the shark had me. Fortunately found a rather dusty box in the back of a cupboard with the required items.

Looking forward to pod updates.

K

Knikki

@Mel dCP Yeah good luck with the OmniBorg tomorrow ;)

An update my little sexy pancreatic friends :)

Well I leveled out at 20.2 :arghh:

27 units plus lunch plus another 2 units just for good luck and I finally bottomed out at 2.9 :arghh:

That was in a meeting as well :hilarious: But don't worry I no one noticed, lucky my avatar I think :hilarious:

Plus I am also glad the cooler weather has arrived it means that I can now unwrap a Timeout without getting melted chocolate everywhere :joyful:

All is now well with the world :cat:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
4A573FE3-CFB3-413B-B4D3-F0C86CC99044.jpeg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Maybe you should given that the PM is one of the crowd. Let us know what the responses are?

I received an email from Jeremy Corbyn's office :-
Dear ******
Thank you for writing to Jeremy Corbyn MP, the Leader of the Opposition. Due to the large amount of correspondence which Jeremy has received recently, he has asked me to reply on his behalf.

I’m very sorry to read about the traumatic few months that you have had. This must be a very distressing time for you both, and I sincerely hope that your circumstances improve as soon as possible. In terms of what help Jeremy can offer, unfortunately, Jeremy cannot directly take up individual cases from outside his constituency due to strict parliamentary protocol. It is not that Jeremy is unconcerned in any way, it is simply that he is restricted by this rule, as are all other MPs.

I encourage you to contact your Member of Parliament in your local area, who will be able to look into you case. You may or may not be aware that most MPs have advice sessions where you can meet them. Alternatively, a phone call or email to their office can often be productive. There are also other elected officials who you can contact such as your local councillors. To find their details, you can visit: https://www.writetothem.com/. You can also get in touch with Citizens Advice, which provides free, confidential and independent advice to help people overcome their problems:https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/.

Thank you again for writing in to us. Although Jeremy is not able to respond directly, it is important for him to know about individual experiences and difficulties, so I have noted the content of your letter.

Kind regards, and best wishes,

Louis Mendee | Office of Jeremy Corbyn MP

Leader of the Opposition

House of Commons Westminster, SW1A 0AA

0207 219 3545

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Just checking in while I burn Ferocious dog CDs for the car

Is that like an angry Snoop? :p
I could have sworn I wished you good luck for the pump but seems not so good luck tomorrow

Reactions: porl69