Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Sorry @Fairygodmother I see how it can read that way......I should have said I put the Libre reader back in my purse.The Libre sensor does stay on me.
I thought it was probably that, big sigh, I suppose hoping that you’d found a way to remove and then replace the sensor was just wishful thinking. Next, an alarm that greets with a bit of reassurance, lovely soft voiced reassurance: ‘You seem to be a little low/high, but don’t fret, . . . Units/grams carb and you’ll soon be right.’

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1635362172432.jpg

Reactions: RVW

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, getting ready to go off to Cornwall this morning! It's a shame that I've either got a cold or a reaction to the Pfizer booster. Had a couple of odd things happen yesterday morning (had the vaccination on Wednesday); suddenly couldn't swallow then thought I was going to faint (which I've only done once in my life when I had heatstroke). Nothing else going on so I can only think it's the Pfizer which I didn't have last time. Bgs are up, so who knows, I'm sure whatever it is will pass. Have a good day all.

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, getting ready to go off to Cornwall this morning! It's a shame that I've either got a cold or a reaction to the Pfizer booster. Had a couple of odd things happen yesterday morning (had the vaccination on Wednesday); suddenly couldn't swallow then thought I was going to faint (which I've only done once in my life when I had heatstroke). Nothing else going on so I can only think it's the Pfizer which I didn't have last time. Bgs are up, so who knows, I'm sure whatever it is will pass. Have a good day all.
Oh have a safe journey there, and I hope the symptoms of whatever it is, infection or Pfizer, disappear. If it’s any consolation, my blood sugars were raised and I had a bit of a sniffle after the Pfizer booster and I fainted a few hours after the 1st AZ.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh have a safe journey there, and I hope the symptoms of whatever it is, infection or Pfizer, disappear. If it’s any consolation, my blood sugars were raised and I had a bit of a sniffle after the Pfizer booster and I fainted a few hours after the 1st AZ.
Thanks @Fairygodmother, had a good, if long, journey and whilst I still feel as if I have a mild cold it's nothing worse than that. How awful that you fainted after the AZ; did it make you nervous about having the second one? And hopefully you were somewhere safe and not alone when it happened.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks @Fairygodmother, had a good, if long, journey and whilst I still feel as if I have a mild cold it's nothing worse than that. How awful that you fainted after the AZ; did it make you nervous about having the second one? And hopefully you were somewhere safe and not alone when it happened.
Thankfully, I was in the kitchen, cooking, and husband was home. I didn’t hit the stove when I came down, just the floor. I did feel pretty rotten for a few days with headaches, fatigue and all that. It was the first AZ that did it and I had to take a deep breath before having the second; I’d read of a study that suggested that different vaccines for 1st and 2nd dose gave greater immunity so hoped after that Oscar-winning kitchen floor crash meant I might not have another AZ, but hey ho. A nice excuse for husband to do the cooking. The Pfizer booster was fine.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankfully, I was in the kitchen, cooking, and husband was home. I didn’t hit the stove when I came down, just the floor. I did feel pretty rotten for a few days with headaches, fatigue and all that. It was the first AZ that did it and I had to take a deep breath before having the second; I’d read of a study that suggested that different vaccines for 1st and 2nd dose gave greater immunity so hoped after that Oscar-winning kitchen floor crash meant I might not have another AZ, but hey ho. A nice excuse for husband to do the cooking. The Pfizer booster was fine.
oh so sorry to hear that.

I hope this never happens again with you .

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Happy Halloween!!!!

upload_2021-10-31_17-1-50.png
upload_2021-10-31_17-2-39.png

upload_2021-10-31_17-0-4.png
upload_2021-10-31_17-0-40.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-31_16-57-45.png
    upload_2021-10-31_16-57-45.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 85
  • upload_2021-10-31_16-58-19.png
    upload_2021-10-31_16-58-19.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 81
  • upload_2021-10-31_16-59-16.png
    upload_2021-10-31_16-59-16.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 93

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, currently in not-sunny Cornwall but did just have a double rainbow over the sea.

@Fairygodmother I'm glad you were safe when you fainted though it must've been unpleasant if not frightening.

@Marie 2 glad I didn't have to walk past your house in the dark :hilarious:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all. Oh @Marie 2, that’s a graveyard and a half! Are the props in a shed for the rest of the year? I’d not like to be sleeping beneath them if they’re in the attic ready to be activated by a bad hypo.
It was very quiet here last night. Usually there are noisy parties of ghoulish students cavorting along the road as they return from various hallowe’en parties, and bands of children, usually with parents hovering at a distance, out trick or treating. It was a wet, windy, chilly evening and there’s now a cache of individually wrapped sweets to carb count. No, I won’t, I say I won’t. What me, engineer a low so I can eat lovehearts and refreshers? What are you thinking!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Lol.............we were tired setting it up by the end of the day. It had rained quite a bit for the previous 2 days so we were limited of how much time we had to do anything beforehand. So I usually do a video with everything going off when we have a new arrangement and then I usually try to take some night pictures with as much lighted up and animated as I can catch ..............But I completely forgot! At least no rain today!!!! And yes, it's in sealed plastic containers in the shed all year.

We are swearing we will put up the webbing, spiders, graves, fences, arrange the cords, figure out placement etc a week before next year. I really liked this set up. But we also need to order some more stuff as it doesn't like to last and work right past 1-3 years, especially with our rain and humidity. But I had snapped a picture a couple of nights ago of an area we did.

But a lot of complements even from teens saying it was a really nice display and thank you for doing it. I was impressed!

upload_2021-10-31_23-11-44.png

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I had a full skin check today, my first one. I had a weird red spot develop on my arm about 6 months ago and decided maybe I should get my skin checked. It turns out it's just a blood vessel bruise and they don't like to always go away when you are older.

But a complete clear!! My skin is doing great.................not even a lecture that I should use sunscreen! Happy!