Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@HH I agree. I haven't been leaving the house except for emergency and a couple of Drs visits anyways. We brought the Dobie with us one time and the next two we separated the Dobie from the other two in the house. The bones and toys have been picked up and are given to them when we are both right there. Even dragging one dog wouldn't be optimal for me right now, but I should be able to hold onto one just in case.

Sydney is frightened of her own shadow. She was taken in by a specialized harder to place dogs, and that is why we adopted her. River who is a bull terrier mix has let her be boss. But I think Sydney decided she wanted to be boss with the Dobie and prove it? And while our new Dobie has never caused anything, she wasn't going to take it either. Sydney really went after her.

Seemingly they are getting along great again. I just don't trust it, well it's really Sydney I don't trust, but the other two are best pals and the ones that could hurt Sydney more than she could hurt them..... which is why she really is a total idiot.

• Hug
Reactions: hh1 and Antje77

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Well, the dog bones are picked up and only given when we are right there to make sure they stay well apart. It seems to be working. When we leave we are actually separating the smaller dog from the other two. We had separated the Dobie at first who whines in objection and River our third dog would perch herself on the other side of the gate. We have a few inside Ring cameras. Seeing as how it's the littler black one that started it before, and Sophie the Dobie and River seem to be play buddies we decided to separate the littler one instead. And River still laid on the other side of the gate for half the time.

I'm still not leaving that much anyways as I am still healing. I have 3 in a row that are fractured and I gather a disk that looks nasty so.... I am better and time will tell. I am going to have ablation again to help the sciatic nerve pain in the mornings. And then possibly bone cement to bolster the fractured area. Both procedures are not anything major.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie2, glad to hear your solutions for the dogs are working. Fingers crossed your back heals well and swiftly, trusting that you're taking care of yourself whilst it does xx

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope your back heals totally, without the need for bone cement or any other treatment for the disk @Marie 2 and the ablation helps the sciatic pain.

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Finally this past week I feel I have made a major step forward. Sleeping straight for 6-7 hours and not that much pain when I get up and I have started on my exercise bike again and it's not hurting. Going a lot slower on it and only doing 2-5 miles at a time, but it makes me feel better that I can. In the afternoons I can stand longer, I actually stood and talked with some visiting friends for about 20 minutes. I'm still not happy about how long I can stand, but at least it's a start!

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The common cold has finally caught me!! Blood sugars are doing fine but that does not surprise me with hybrid closed loop, myself on the other hand… :hilarious: I feel like a bag of death. Taken 2 days off work just to rest and hopefully with it also being the weekend I’ll be feeling a lot better by Monday. One can hope anyway…

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad you're making progress @Marie 2 but it's frustrating when it takes a long time to get better after an injury. Hope you soon make a full recovery.
Hope you feel better soon @Nicola M Good that your hybrid closed loop is keeping your blood sugar ok, at least you can rest without constantly chasing highs.
Hugs to you both xx

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Everyone! Well, I had started to feel better so I was doing more odds and ends of things. We have all these floor rugs down because we have a interlocking wooden floor and the dogs slip on it. I really like it because we can wash the rugs or replace them easily if needed. But the larger ones we take outside to wash with soap and the hose. So I was rinsing one with the hose and reached down to move it a little and my foot slide, so I put down my hand to catch myself and not hurt my back........

Instead.. I broke my wrist, sigh, and a slanted break so the next day orthopedic doctor, and the next day surgery, and I now have a plate in my wrist. Do you know how hard it is do do things with one hand? I do now.....

When it rains it pours...... Sigh, healing....

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So sorry to hear that @Marie 2. Hope that the pain is under control and it heals well. In the meantime take care, and I hope you're able to find ways round at least some of the things it's hard to do one handed. Sending love n hugs xx

• Agree
Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Insulin pump alerted me in the middle of the night to say I had 20U left before my set change was due. Turned the alert off and went back to sleep and told myself I’d do it in the morning. Completely forgot until I got the alert at work to say you have 10U left which has all ran out now. Needless to say I’m a little embarrassed as I think I’ve only done this once but my Dad has come to the recuse and brought me some supplies :hilarious:

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's so easy to do something like that @Nicola M. I'm sure you're not the only person. I know I've woken up during the night and planned to do something in the morning and then forgotten, so now put an alarm on my phone to remind me. Glad you had someone to bring you supplies.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Recent HbA1c is in - 48mmol/mol. It has gone up since last time which I’m not surprised by I do suspect that my low B12 may have contributed to having a lower HbA1c it’s the only thing that makes sense given that my 90 day graph hasn’t changed since I last had my HbA1c. Regardless of the result though I’m still happy, it’ll always be better than where I started :)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Well my wrist seems to be healing well. I have good mobility, it still needs some work and I am still going to be going to physical therapy for another month. I seem to be the most limited on bending my hand/wrist inward. But I can make fists, grab things pretty easily, but still have limitations on what I'm allowed to do. I've been told I had a nasty fracture because of the way it broke but I am doing great. I wondered what the plate looked like and envisioned all sorts of things, but not what it looks like! I asked the nurse if I could see it and she printed out a picture.

I'd thought I would share as it's sort of interesting!
1710404986051.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well my wrist seems to be healing well. I have good mobility, it still needs some work and I am still going to be going to physical therapy for another month. I seem to be the most limited on bending my hand/wrist inward. But I can make fists, grab things pretty easily, but still have limitations on what I'm allowed to do. I've been told I had a nasty fracture because of the way it broke but I am doing great. I wondered what the plate looked like and envisioned all sorts of things, but not what it looks like! I asked the nurse if I could see it and she printed out a picture.

I'd thought I would share as it's sort of interesting!
View attachment 66729
I’m not sure…

But airport scanners might need a wrist exposure (“nothing up my sleeve.”)

From now on?

Best wishes on recovery.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Jaylee We have wondered about airports lol............ Half the time I am going to a different line anyway because of my back and my Omnipod. That full body x ray should show the obvious!!!!!

@becca59 I am not supposed to do "physical activity" yet, It takes 8, possibly 10 weeks for the bone to heal. I am at 6 weeks and I see the doctor again at 10 weeks. I am still ordered no physical/sports activity yet. No lifting over 3-5 pounds, no pushing or pulling, and especially no weight bearing or impacts to it, because redoing anything will be very complicated. I have read that while you should be able to do normal activity at 10 weeks, you are still not to do anything strenuous until 3-6 months. But hopefully by this summer!

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Still have to go back for my eye outpatient in 3 months although at my optician appointment today my optician was able to tell me that compared to last time when they looked there’s less bleeding spots in the Macula on my right eye (1 compared to 3 previously) and my left eye just has background changes so I’m getting there slowly but surely!!