Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I rang the nurse last week to ask if I could have some Levemir as well, so I could inject a unit alongside the Tresiba that would work fast and be out of my system fast just for this one week. They weren’t having any of it though. She did suggest the best option would be a pump, so I wonder whether to call today to press the issue? I don’t know. I’m not very good at peopling.

Just go for it Mel, they can say either yes........... or no, good luck.

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@porl69 Good luck! I am also desperately trying to get a pump - DP, feet to the floor, unpredictable work throughout the day, vastly varying insulin requirements - and the response keeps being that my Hba1c isn't too bad, so I really don't need one, now go away please. Will keep fingers crossed for you!

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rang the nurse last week to ask if I could have some Levemir as well, so I could inject a unit alongside the Tresiba that would work fast and be out of my system fast just for this one week. They weren’t having any of it though. She did suggest the best option would be a pump, so I wonder whether to call today to press the issue? I don’t know. I’m not very good at peopling.

Me neither, but if you think it might be time, I reckon the day you wake up with a blood sugar too high, is a good day. I think you have to push them a bit, if you want something.

Reactions: kev-w

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Me neither, but if you think it might be time, I reckon the day you wake up with a blood sugar too high, is a good day. I think you have to push them a bit, if you want something.
I’ve rung the DSN hotline and left a message. It was the nurse who suggested a pump to solve the issue last time I spoke the them about it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Have you tried topping up your carbs (e.g. one dextrose) and keeping your basal the same?
As basal last longer than you sleep, reducing your basal could impact your BG whilst awake.

I have been told I am sensitive to Insulin, I have tried, in the past, having a very small snack, a couple of grapes, and my BS in the morning is higher. Best for me to just reduce nighttime by 1 unit if under 6, but might ask about a 1/2 unit pen, like the echo I use during the day. Actually I will look in my monitoring book and see if I can find an example.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I have been told I am sensitive to Insulin, I have tried, in the past, having a very small snack, a couple of grapes, and my BS in the morning is higher. Best for me to just reduce nighttime by 1 unit if under 6, but might ask about a 1/2 unit pen, like the echo I use during the day. Actually I will look in my monitoring book and see if I can find an example.
You’re on Levemir, aren’t you? I understand it’s very adaptable like that.

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Took the injured bird to the vets this morning, just went back down to ask what happened and he had to be put to sleep. I thought his injuries were probably too great, at least he wasn't left alone to be predated upon.

Reactions: mountaintom

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Awesome you did the experiment for me. Yes it must be because it’s slow release. Impossible to counteract would you say?

Without a Libre and split doses, yes I would say so. Certainly when insulin resistant in the mornings. It was very

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sun has just come out in Newport now, was lashing it down an hour ago.
Unusually high numbers for you @Mel dCP, glad they are coming down now :), guessing you had DP this morning ;) *COUGHS* :D

Wish it was lashing it down here. Do In Bloom in our village and watering is becoming a nightmare!

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I can't decide whether you need a hug or a like, consider this reply as representing whichever you prefer.

Thank you Alison I shall be greedy and accept both!
Yes I was disappointed because the 10.1 was unexpected however 44 years experience has taught me pragmatism hence the 'hey ho' and the ps was to say I'm alright now.....or as alright as i'll ever be!

Happy times and places

Tony

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a quick browse through today's posts.
Hopefully some of the uneducated members who think we just eat, inject and have perfect BS levels will see it's not quite that simple.
It's Thursday ( no sh*t Sherlock I hear you cry:)) I nearly always spend most Thursdays cruising low. Have no idea why.
Not sure if it's last day at work for the week syndrome but can guarantee that 8 out of 10 work Thursdays see me snacking.
Yes tried all the usual stuff to combat it.
Does anybody else have that one day of the week that just doesn't make sense?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No I don't have one day of the week, sometimes it'slots of days :rolleyes: but I work on different days ( and not much lately) Maybe it's a primal thing going on, working for days, hunter gatherer, then, it's the last day, celebration, treat one's self unconsciously ?

Reactions: therower
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Made a curry for tonight, chicken, broccoli and with a few mushrooms just for me, as my daughter doesn't like mushrooms.

My eye appointment went well, only a very slight change in the left eye, 3 small dots of blood, right eye hasn't changed, which is great and only a tiny change in my vision, so no new glasses. Hearing test was fine, but I was told I have scarring in my right ear and found a perforated ear drum, I had no knowledge of this and he said it can happen in childhood, even though I had a hearing test 5 years ago.
Had a little make over in Boots,first time ever and really nice girl,Clinique and she gave me two small free samples,price of one of them was £40, I nearly fell off the stool :wideyed:I was telling her about my daughter getting married in two weeks time. So, a very subtle 'makeover', as I am not one for mascara and trowels of slap lol so I will give it a go on the big day.

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a quick browse through today's posts.
Hopefully some of the uneducated members who think we just eat, inject and have perfect BS levels will see it's not quite that simple.
It's Thursday ( no sh*t Sherlock I hear you cry:)) I nearly always spend most Thursdays cruising low. Have no idea why.
Not sure if it's last day at work for the week syndrome but can guarantee that 8 out of 10 work Thursdays see me snacking.
Yes tried all the usual stuff to combat it.
Does anybody else have that one day of the week that just doesn't make sense?

Looking at today’s post you can see how insane our lives are.

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had another good day. Which is not like me. I resisted oats this morning and had 3x 10g toast and jam. Chicken salad for lunch. Low carb day I suppose. What shall I have for dinner?
IMG_8059.jpg

Reactions: Robinredbreast

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’m finally back in range with a 4.7!

Going to make fish and chips for dinner, cod coated in grated halloumi cheese for a crunchy coating with turnip chips. Reckon it’ll come it around 7g carbs, which makes me quite happy.

Hope you’ve all got nice evenings ahead, smooth BG, and no diabetic surprises xxx