1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. evilclive

evilclive Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've had similar from running with my toenail a little long - the nail tapping on the end of the shoe caused a bruise which stayed there for a long time.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning all have a good day and wrap up well its baltic this morning

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Brain flashes (from one of a few remaining neurons? My changeover to a new cartridge ran over by about 36 hours? Maybe the insulin in the tubing is less effective after the usual 72 hours??

4. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning y'all, a waking 4.7 for me so I did a Fred Flintstone impression on the stairs "Yabba dabba doo" much to the amusement of my youngest, we went out for a carvery last night after swimming and I'd hovered up to 10mmols (and I hoovered up a fair plate full of gammon :p) so skipped supper (I don't like this bit :p) had 1.5u and slept right through, so I'll take that :)

@karen8967 I'm smiling at your "a bit Baltic" comment as I've heard it said recently a few times and it certainly looked that way outside when I saw my little un off to school, forecast suggests I can work later but the roof tiles across the road suggest I can't.

Have a good day y'all :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #8324 kev-w, Nov 22, 2018 at 7:35 AM
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  5. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Mel dCP A purple nail shouldn't be much to worry about, I lost a toenail last year after doing a charity walk, grew back fine, I think if your control is good as it is then there shouldn't be an issue, the polish could of stained the nail ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

A 4.3 upon waking this morning so ate a ready mix breakfast bowl thingy and now pushing 11 so out to run that off, bit chilly this morning, Jack Frost has been..

• Like Like x 3
  7. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

Morning all

Bit of an up and down evening but on the whole OK, Etch A Sketch said was dead all night, which was a bit of a surprise however waking with a 3.3 ~sigh~ now sat here contemplating taking over the world with a steady 5.4 while listening to Bowie

@karen8967 Think I got as low as 2.5 yesterday, it was one of those hypos where I stare into space or look at my insulin pen trying to work out if I had injected or not meanwhile time moves in its own pace where only quantum mechanics work. Still solved with a Timeout biscuit, works for me.

• Like Like x 5
  8. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

Morning.

Today is one of those days when the "Good" part of "Good Morning" is optional: I woke with a Hypo Head and the etch a sketch told me my BG was low all night. Yeah, I know if you lie on the etch a sketch pen it may do that but this was a definite low.
    And I have a customer meeting so I have to look intelligent, not bored, not in pain, happy to see them and interested in everything they say.
    My upbeat American colleagues will not be joining us - they will be busy eating turkey and pumpkin pie and giving thanks before Friday turns "Black".

Ok. Got that off my chest, eaten brekkie, drunk a cuppa so ready to fight the day ... and scrape the ice off my car. Brrrr.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. karen8967

Anything i can stuff in my moith knikki when im that low

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Very strange morning for me today. Woke up, didn't have a clue where I was, put my work jeans on backwards and was getting annoyed that there was no zip. Woke the other half up with the commotion, she said test your blood....looked at my watch LO!!! Ooops..BG test confirmed Lo as well///.Few jelly babies and my breakfast with limited bolus and Bobs your uncle all fine and dandy. Sat on a 10.4 now grrrrr, going to be a roller coaster day today

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I think you need to redo that comment @karen8967 :hilarious::hilarious::angelic::angelic:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. karen8967

Oops

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Mel dCP the toe could be due to lots of walking - wonder if it was caused by the march and you haven't been able to see it till now? When I played tennis regularly (back in the Dark Ages) 'black toe' was something some players got caused by your big toe banging against the end of your shoe, and I found out last week that it's not uncommon in runners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@porl69 @karen8967 knew exactly what she was saying..................

porl69 hope you've managed to dress yourself properly now & 'enjoy' the roller coaster ride........:sorry:

8.8 last night, 10.0 this morning :arghh:, followed by another low mid morning, twice on the trot now - work days I do normally dip mid morning but I do like to have an excuse for a snack so I'm ok with this but last to days the drop has been quite sudden and much lower than normal, if it happens again tomorrow I'll be making changes.

• Like Like x 4
  15. karen8967

Who me im sure i dont know what you mean....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Good day friends

Went to see the puppies last night and nearly decided to take two

But we’re gonna stick with one

IMG_1542889002.448109.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  17. karen8967

aw cumbs too cute how did you resist :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Bowsher

Chris Bowsher Type 1 · Well-Known Member

4.7 this morning. so not bad at all bloods been higher over last month or so but still acceptable levels.

Haven't been around for a while, but just here to say hope you are all well!

• Like Like x 6
  19. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

oh this thread is full of double entrende's today! @Cumberland what a lovely pair of puppies.....................I'll leave now.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  20. karen8967

@slip do the words pot and kettle ring any bells :joyful:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook