Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Tried one of those “bleeding” vegan Beyond Meat burgers for dinner tonight. It was really, surprisingly good. Reminded me of a Kobe beef burger I had in New York on our honeymoon, texture and flavour wise. I made a bun using the two minute bread recipe (2 tbsp almond flour, 1tbsp psyllium husk, 1tsp baking powder, two beaten eggs and seasoning, nuked for 2 mins in a little round tub to give the right sort of shape, and I sprinkled some sesame seeds on top before microwaving), and toasted it. A bit of manchego cheese, sugar free bbq sauce and it make a very excellent cheeseburger.

Night chaps, @Cumberland - will be thinking of you tomorrow, mate ❤️

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
What happened??

I sometimes wonder if anything is written down in our notes!!! Saying that my notes are like the Brittania Encyclopedia lol
Hi @porl69, why not ask to read your notes. You should have every right to do so (unless the doctor thinks reading them might do you harm). Mind you if the notes are poorly done the doctor might be the one in potential harm !!!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Any scary movie I watch needs at least 120% of my basal going in , staring ideally 2 hours before and lasting 2 hours after the movie.
Adrenaline can be a wicked thing sometimes !!

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
why not ask to read your notes. You should have every right to do so (unless the doctor thinks reading them might do you harm). Mind you if the notes are poorly done the doctor might be the one in potential harm !!!

When I broke my hip, I wanted copies of the X-rays, so asked. Turns out the process where I was is data protection leglislation based - you can ask for anything they hold on you, but they're allowed to charge you a small fee for that. At the time I think it was a tenner for paperwork and fifteen quid for the CD with the images on. They're allowed to redact any notes which may they don't want you to see, which will be relevant to mental health issues - but diabetes stuff should be straightforward, it's going to be hard for them to justify hiding, even if they've carelessly been a bit rude. (remember when NFN and TEETH came out?)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The remake wasn't bad, but I like the original, and other classic films of that era such as the Quatermasses.

The original Body Snatchers was very good too. Some remakes, like The Fog, The Time Machine, The Wicker man, are pretty bad :meh: The Thing, last bight, was quite graphic and I did screw my face up a few times, I also like science fiction and ghost stories too

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I wish someone would snatch my body @Robinredbreast 7.8!!! and only one meal yesterday, pork and konjac with mush sauce. OK did have a couple of chocolate puddles and some red wine:hilarious:

Reactions: kitedoc and kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning folks, it's a dark wet start to the day, I have to go out twice this morning, so I think it will be the BIG Toyota umbrella today.
Hope the day goes well for everyone :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I wish someone would snatch my body @Robinredbreast 7.8!!! and only one meal yesterday, pork and konjac with mush sauce. OK did have a couple of chocolate puddles and some red wine:hilarious:

I wish my BS was 7.8 this morning :rolleyes: Chocolate puddles, sounds interesting.

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @porl69, why not ask to read your notes. You should have every right to do so (unless the doctor thinks reading them might do you harm). Mind you if the notes are poorly done the doctor might be the one in potential harm !!!

Trying to read a doctor's writing :wideyed: we would probably need a NVQ or a degree to read it and to understand it :rolleyes: :D

Reactions: porl69

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Cumberland All the best for today, I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts later :)woot:)

I haven't watched a horror/scary film since god knows when, might do one day when I've got a sensor on.

7.7 this morning, yesterday I was constantly in range when ever I tested (except for the low mid-afternoon) which means either 2 things 1) I'm doing good, and didn't over treat the low or 2) my meter is broken..........:eek: