Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I normally only chuck about 100 quid at a new suit but I've been sorely tempted over the last few weeks to fork out a bit more for one of these Walker Slater tweed numbers.

View attachment 29767

Pure Avengers. And the bowler hat?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
That hat, and I'm going to acquire a posh walking cane too.

Lots of pockets to put my T1 gadgetry into in one of them suits, but, I tell ya, it is a bit more fiddly unstuffing my shirt for a quick bolus shot when there's a nicely cut waistcoat on top!
This is on of these do not do this a home comments. Some have injected through their shirt/blouse.

Reactions: Cumberland

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Scott-C I think it’s time you had an avatar.
It’s already decided what it will be :happy:

I was briefly tempted to use this as an avatar just to annoy extreme low carbers...

Screenshot_2017-11-15-23-54-44.png

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
White rabbits everyone.
Madam's little advent calendar opened its window this morning with 6.3. I think it might have something to do with the steak and kidney pud I made. I blame that on Mr B.
Anyway, getting back on the bike today for 24 days cycling up hill until ??????:hilarious:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning Karen, good morning Sue.
Good morning sausage roll.
It’s very quiet round here, Cat’s downstairs eating, birds are moping in the trees - waiting for them to descend on the window feeders (yes, my windows get hungry) - and the sky’s grey.
I wonder what today will bring.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
39 years ago today I got married. Have to say the weather, although cold, was better than the dull misty grimness outside today.
I feel very blessed to have had such a good happy marriage. Tomorrow it’s off to Seahouses for a couple of days for our yearly Christmas/birthdays/anniversary trip. As all come within a two week period, we long ago decided to do away with gifts and have a hotel break instead. May need wet gear and my Kindle!
Have a good weekend one and all.

K

Knikki

Wow missed a fair bit last night on the forum chat :hilarious:

On the ironing front I don't mind doing it but Mrs Knikki seems to think I'm a bit OCD doing it.

On the fashion front I often wear waistcoat with various outfits and have a selection of pocket watches I can wear.

@Scott-C yeah deffo on the Greggs avatars :hilarious::hilarious:

Chinese takeaway last night so woke very early on the wrong side of 10 so that some insulin in now sat here at a better level.

Now time to check the traps and rustle up some brekky :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Who knew a chance remark would lead to an in-depth exploration of ironing habits? With a segue into sartorial debate? I love this thread, thanks @Robinredbreast, bet you never knew you'd started this ;)

Hi, anyone could of started a thread, it's like a recipe, sometimes you can throw in a diverse mixture of ingredients and and a masterpiece is made, a Masterchef winner :D that's what the member's are on here, lovely supportive guys, but mad as a box of frogs sometimes.......and I love it :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Happy Saturday and a Happy December 1st, I can't believe Christmas is just weeks away, that means sorting through the decorations and putting them up soon:)
Awoke on 2.7 from last nights 6.3, had half a banana to get it back again, just checking what it is now,
it's 6.7 :happy:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
39 years ago today I got married. Have to say the weather, although cold, was better than the dull misty grimness outside today.
I feel very blessed to have had such a good happy marriage. Tomorrow it’s off to Seahouses for a couple of days for our yearly Christmas/birthdays/anniversary trip. As all come within a two week period, we long ago decided to do away with gifts and have a hotel break instead. May need wet gear and my Kindle!
Have a good weekend one and all.
Hapy anniversary becca x

Reactions: Cumberland