Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
The T1 witch is ‘aving a larf this morning. DP dose, breakfast dose and all well, then a massive spike. I countered this a few days ago with another unit for breakfast and all was well. The next day the same process took me low so today I left well alone and now a great big Mel’s catting spike. Just wait til I get my hands on the nasty old besom, if I can catch her.
https://goo.gl/images/vYBFsQ

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
39 years ago today I got married. Have to say the weather, although cold, was better than the dull misty grimness outside today.
I feel very blessed to have had such a good happy marriage. Tomorrow it’s off to Seahouses for a couple of days for our yearly Christmas/birthdays/anniversary trip. As all come within a two week period, we long ago decided to do away with gifts and have a hotel break instead. May need wet gear and my Kindle!
Have a good weekend one and all.

Hi @becca59 Congrats on your 39 years.

Mrs smc4761 and I are off for our annual jaunt as well, we are off to Newcastle for 4 days from tomorrow. Spend 3 days there and on way home always stop off at Seahouses, a lovely place, and go for a walk along the glorious beach. Think the weather is to be cold and dry. Have a lovely time

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Top tech tip, don’t believe the hype(o) - woke up not long ago to see I was at 3.4 on Spike, so just chucked a dextrose tab down me and tried to wake up a bit more. Scanned with the official app, came up with a 5.2. Gah. Blood test gave a 5.4 so I had to insulinate to cover the dextrose :banghead: :cat::cat::cat::cat::cat: I seemed to have caught a number in a middle of a blip and was too sleepy to think it through properly. Now at 6.1...

@becca59 - congratulations and have a lovely day!

Looking forward to seeing the Alarm in Liverpool tonight, they’ve been my very favourite band for over thirty years now, and then I get to do it all over again tomorrow in Birmingham. Going to be a lot of driving, dancing, possibly some drinking when I’m not driving, getting hot, adrenaline, eating out, carb guessing and all that. First time doing a music thing this intense since I got my MiaoMiao and Omnipod :borg: (I’m an old pro at shoving dextrose down me in the front row) - so it’ll be interesting to see how it is to stay on top of my levels. Last February when we had our annual Alarm Gathering weekend in Llandudno I just had the Libre - plus my husband on hand. This time I’m alone. Have made sure my pod is going to be well protected under my very wide leather belt, and my sensor array is on my chest rather than my arm, so it should be fairly secure. I’m usually to be found at the very front, hugging the rail. Medic alert dog tags and bracelet present and correct, now super excited! Also rambling. Here’s a promo vid -

Off into Liverpool in a bit to do a spot of shopping in the wonderfully eclectic shops of Bold Street, and maybe even a cuppa at the cat café :cat: Hope you all have a lovely day, will check in when I can :)
have a lovely shopping day mel some crackin little shops in bold street and enjoy your concert tonight :)

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Fridays seem to be coming in as "Fend off hypos" days. (Typically when (Un)-Helpful Colleague is around and I'd rather not be seen testing/treating, which I do with no fuss from either me or any other colleagues, or even students. UHC is unable to engage brain before opening mouth, as far as I can tell, and unable to prevent unnecessary questions and comments.)

So, before tackling today's job list and walk, I decided to treat today as a Long Walk Day, halve my fast-acting at breakfast and treat myself to Second Breakfast if need be. It seems going for a haircut as well getting the month's big shop done before 9.30 a.m. is stressful, and Second Breakfast was totally unnecessary. (Mutter, mutter, mutter.)

@Mel dCP I will wave at you if I wander in the direction of the concert venue tomorrow! I usually do end up around there on a Sunday walk as it's close to bus routes home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
The T1 witch is ‘aving a larf this morning. DP dose, breakfast dose and all well, then a massive spike. I countered this a few days ago with another unit for breakfast and all was well. The next day the same process took me low so today I left well alone and now a great big Mel’s catting spike. Just wait til I get my hands on the nasty old besom, if I can catch her.
https://goo.gl/images/vYBFsQ
Good luck, @Fairygodmother, looks like Mel's cat in leaving for a different multiverse.
P4070217.jpg

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Top tech tip, don’t believe the hype(o) - woke up not long ago to see I was at 3.4 on Spike, so just chucked a dextrose tab down me and tried to wake up a bit more. Scanned with the official app, came up with a 5.2. Gah. Blood test gave a 5.4 so I had to insulinate to cover the dextrose :banghead: :cat::cat::cat::cat::cat: I seemed to have caught a number in a middle of a blip and was too sleepy to think it through properly. Now at 6.1...

@becca59 - congratulations and have a lovely day!

Looking forward to seeing the Alarm in Liverpool tonight, they’ve been my very favourite band for over thirty years now, and then I get to do it all over again tomorrow in Birmingham. Going to be a lot of driving, dancing, possibly some drinking when I’m not driving, getting hot, adrenaline, eating out, carb guessing and all that. First time doing a music thing this intense since I got my MiaoMiao and Omnipod :borg: (I’m an old pro at shoving dextrose down me in the front row) - so it’ll be interesting to see how it is to stay on top of my levels. Last February when we had our annual Alarm Gathering weekend in Llandudno I just had the Libre - plus my husband on hand. This time I’m alone. Have made sure my pod is going to be well protected under my very wide leather belt, and my sensor array is on my chest rather than my arm, so it should be fairly secure. I’m usually to be found at the very front, hugging the rail. Medic alert dog tags and bracelet present and correct, now super excited! Also rambling. Here’s a promo vid -

Off into Liverpool in a bit to do a spot of shopping in the wonderfully eclectic shops of Bold Street, and maybe even a cuppa at the cat café :cat: Hope you all have a lovely day, will check in when I can :)
Half your luck @Mel dCP.!!! Enjoy and protect your pump and sensor like a wolf cub mother !!
I thought I had the images of the needle ports all sorted, but some are too out of focus to show. Tomorrow it is. Apologies !!!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just checked my Libre stats and have my lowest ever average BG of 7.8. Now compared to many on here not that great, but for me its heading in right direction. I have been putting in a lot of effort over last 6 months or so and finally managed to get this below 8. My morning BG are still high with spikes rising from around 6 at brekkie to 13, around 2.5 hours later before falling back to 6 ish at lunchtime, which has been keeping the figures high.

Of course I am now away for few days holiday to Newcastle so all my good work will no doubt be undone.

Going to celebrate tonight with a bottle of white wine-- not had a bottle of wine in over 6 months, so this should be fun

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 . I’m going to award you a “ top banana “ trophy.
Not down to your numbers, but down to the fact that you are obviously well pleased with all the effort you’ve put in recently.
Diabetes isn’t just about numbers. Diabetes is about being happy.
Well done and enjoy the wine.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
York City for my sins :) hard to describe the situation without using profane language if I'm honest, I first watched them in 1973 and this current shower are the worst to ever wear the shirt.

Look, I'm going on, straight away arggggh... :p

You belong in league so come back up