Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
39 years ago today I got married. Have to say the weather, although cold, was better than the dull misty grimness outside today.
I feel very blessed to have had such a good happy marriage. Tomorrow it’s off to Seahouses for a couple of days for our yearly Christmas/birthdays/anniversary trip. As all come within a two week period, we long ago decided to do away with gifts and have a hotel break instead. May need wet gear and my Kindle!
Have a good weekend one and all.

Happy anniversary x

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Happy Saturday and a Happy December 1st, I can't believe Christmas is just weeks away, that means sorting through the decorations and putting them up soon:)
Awoke on 2.7 from last nights 6.3, had half a banana to get it back again, just checking what it is now,
it's 6.7 :happy:

Robs
Hope you are back on track with your numbers

I had a 3.2 at 5am all ok now

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning Cumbs, have a lovely weekend, and hope there’s some sun in the Lake District.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
39 years ago today I got married. Have to say the weather, although cold, was better than the dull misty grimness outside today.
I feel very blessed to have had such a good happy marriage. Tomorrow it’s off to Seahouses for a couple of days for our yearly Christmas/birthdays/anniversary trip. As all come within a two week period, we long ago decided to do away with gifts and have a hotel break instead. May need wet gear and my Kindle!

Congratulation @becca59 I hope the day will be a very special one, have a great weekend :happy:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lots of bizarre and wonderful parts have been put together, long may it's continue........................

I loooove Frankenstein’s poor Creature, one of the nicest guys ever. Shame he was turned nasty by the wicked world.

Reactions: Cumberland

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@becca59 Congratulations, have a great time in Seahouses, it looks a lovely place. Wrap up warm.:)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Top tech tip, don’t believe the hype(o) - woke up not long ago to see I was at 3.4 on Spike, so just chucked a dextrose tab down me and tried to wake up a bit more. Scanned with the official app, came up with a 5.2. Gah. Blood test gave a 5.4 so I had to insulinate to cover the dextrose :banghead: :cat::cat::cat::cat::cat: I seemed to have caught a number in a middle of a blip and was too sleepy to think it through properly. Now at 6.1...

@becca59 - congratulations and have a lovely day!

Looking forward to seeing the Alarm in Liverpool tonight, they’ve been my very favourite band for over thirty years now, and then I get to do it all over again tomorrow in Birmingham. Going to be a lot of driving, dancing, possibly some drinking when I’m not driving, getting hot, adrenaline, eating out, carb guessing and all that. First time doing a music thing this intense since I got my MiaoMiao and Omnipod :borg: (I’m an old pro at shoving dextrose down me in the front row) - so it’ll be interesting to see how it is to stay on top of my levels. Last February when we had our annual Alarm Gathering weekend in Llandudno I just had the Libre - plus my husband on hand. This time I’m alone. Have made sure my pod is going to be well protected under my very wide leather belt, and my sensor array is on my chest rather than my arm, so it should be fairly secure. I’m usually to be found at the very front, hugging the rail. Medic alert dog tags and bracelet present and correct, now super excited! Also rambling. Here’s a promo vid -

Off into Liverpool in a bit to do a spot of shopping in the wonderfully eclectic shops of Bold Street, and maybe even a cuppa at the cat café :cat: Hope you all have a lovely day, will check in when I can :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi FG

It’s a bit dreich up here and no sun but can live in hope

Have you any plans FG

Nothing as exciting as Mel’s Cumbs, and the knackety knee gets in the way of most things at the mo. Older daughter’s coming round later, I’ve a good book on the go, there are canvases and paints waiting, bits of admin I really should catch up on. What I’d really like to do is get on the bus to the closest town with lovely places to look for a present for older daughter’s solstice birthday and walk by the sea while I’m there, but it involves too much walking. Pain and further damage. I think you know about these kinds of frustrations yourself.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi FG

It’s a bit dreich up here and no sun but can live in hope

Have you any plans FG

Going to see Bohemian Rhapsody tomorrow, being picked up and transported there by a friend. Happy. Him indoors will have gone to the Midlands and is away for a few days so Cat and I will be sharing lots of fairly one-sided conversations. Saving the knackety knee for going to mud pie making on Monday! Already stocked up on tea and coffee for other conversations with friends.
What about yourself?

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all :) 9.3 waking but sat at 6.1 now after porridge, gym next and then I don't know having had my little uns sleep over cancelled, I might go watch the football but these days it sours the mood a fair bit :)

Ironing? Hmmm, my ex di this, I only do school uniforms but find provided flick the clothing out (I do this with window cleaning cloths too :p ) then I create smooth clothing that doesn't need ironing once dried on the line or radiator, it works for t shirts, sweat shirts and jeans anyway :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Going to see Bohemian Rhapsody tomorrow, being picked up and transported there by a friend. Happy. Him indoors will have gone to the Midlands and is away for a few days so Cat and I will be sharing lots of fairly one-sided conversations. Saving the knackety knee for going to mud pie making on Monday! Already stocked up on tea and coffee for other conversations with friends.
What about yourself?

I’d like to see the Queen film too
It’s raining up here so today will be a slob day except I have to go and do a food shop (as I point blank refused to do it yesterday) lol lol

Hope you can get some relief from your knackety knee

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning y'all :) 9.3 waking but sat at 6.1 now after porridge, gym next and then I don't know having had my little uns sleep over cancelled, I might go watch the football but these days it sours the mood a fair bit :)

Ironing? Hmmm, my ex di this, I only do school uniforms but find provided flick the clothing out (I do this with window cleaning cloths too :p ) then I create smooth clothing that doesn't need ironing once dried on the line or radiator, it works for t shirts, sweat shirts and jeans anyway :)

Which team do you follow Kev

I feel for you if it sours your mood as my team are good at that

Reactions: kev-w

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Top tech tip, don’t believe the hype(o) - woke up not long ago to see I was at 3.4 on Spike, so just chucked a dextrose tab down me and tried to wake up a bit more. Scanned with the official app, came up with a 5.2. Gah. Blood test gave a 5.4 so I had to insulinate to cover the dextrose :banghead: :cat::cat::cat::cat::cat: I seemed to have caught a number in a middle of a blip and was too sleepy to think it through properly. Now at 6.1...

@becca59 - congratulations and have a lovely day!

Looking forward to seeing the Alarm in Liverpool tonight, they’ve been my very favourite band for over thirty years now, and then I get to do it all over again tomorrow in Birmingham. Going to be a lot of driving, dancing, possibly some drinking when I’m not driving, getting hot, adrenaline, eating out, carb guessing and all that. First time doing a music thing this intense since I got my MiaoMiao and Omnipod :borg: (I’m an old pro at shoving dextrose down me in the front row) - so it’ll be interesting to see how it is to stay on top of my levels. Last February when we had our annual Alarm Gathering weekend in Llandudno I just had the Libre - plus my husband on hand. This time I’m alone. Have made sure my pod is going to be well protected under my very wide leather belt, and my sensor array is on my chest rather than my arm, so it should be fairly secure. I’m usually to be found at the very front, hugging the rail. Medic alert dog tags and bracelet present and correct, now super excited! Also rambling. Here’s a promo vid -

Off into Liverpool in a bit to do a spot of shopping in the wonderfully eclectic shops of Bold Street, and maybe even a cuppa at the cat café :cat: Hope you all have a lovely day, will check in when I can :)

I think Liverpool is a great place

I’ve always had a good night out there

Have a good time Mel

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Which team do you follow Kev

I feel for you if it sours your mood as my team are good at that

York City for my sins :) hard to describe the situation without using profane language if I'm honest, I first watched them in 1973 and this current shower are the worst to ever wear the shirt.

Look, I'm going on, straight away arggggh... :p