Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening fellow druggies.
Hope we are all well. Just back from grandkids nativity.
Granddaughter was a narrator and grandson an inn keeper.
The proudest T1 on the forum at the moment:):):).
Grandson only had one line but his highlight was him losing a bit of interest during a song, at which point he decided to “ floss “
It’s a dance for those like me who haven’t got a scooby.
Granddaughter had lots of lines and a song. Seeing her standing in the church pew delivering her lines with such clarity and beauty made me realise just how good life is.
I sincerely hope that all you guys experience something as special as I have during the festive season.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Lovely story about the grandkids, @therower !

You've handed out plenty of these in the past to deserving winners, so it's now time for you to step up to the plate and receive your "top banana" award for loving your family, loving life, and, in some ways, also loving your T1!

10573_318-TOP.jpg

D

Deleted Account

Evening all - back from the Christmas drinks ... or at least back to the mini hotel in the centre of the West End.
BG was "controlled" not the best but given food was a buffet of carbs and meat (and I don't eat the latter) and drink was mostly beer, staying under 10 was acceptable.
I'm chuffed with myself but nowhere near as chuffed as @therower is with his grandkids who are far cuter.
Sweet dreams one and all.

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most things have beauty but I draw the line at some snakes, spiders and most insects!!

Not sure I want to be near them, but the big hairy spiders look great. Butterflies? Shield beetles? Ladybirds? Wasps have an agressive beauty. Bumblebees are lovely. Preying mantis looks amazing. Stick insect? Crickets? Ooh, I forgot dragonflies - my favourite.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning, me and Skoda got to the supermarket and back no problem yesterday so I'll now breath easy
I was an outrageous glutton yesterday pike caviar, TOAST and prosecco for lunch but over corrected myself into a hypo 2.8. I've never done that and wondered if it might have been because I started a new Novoslug pen. Anyway, it threw me into a panic eating frenzy where I was literally stuffing anything remotely carb like into my mouth. And the result, yes I imagine quiet a few of you know what happened............. hit the roof
Now I understand what you all meant by talking about yoyo.
No toast today. Sometimes it's difficult being married to a non D

Reactions: Alison54321

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning y'all, I woke with the Libre saying low, and it was right, 2.2 on a finger stick, I'm ok though :) but will have a headache in a while....
Fine tuning my Tresiba :p
Know the feeling @kev-w