Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip can you pop round and do mine next ?

Have put lights up around the front garden and stopped after that, I live in a close and am the first to add lights so it's hopefully brightened up a very dull corner of the UK !!
So @Juicyj isn’t that you standing to the left of @slip ‘s Christmas tree?

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@porl69 and @smc4761 are your BGs high because you are going down with something?
I assume you have not pre-empted the type 1 meet up that was discussed yesterday and going down with the same thing
;)

My first Fiasp experiment of the day is complete and I am rating it a success.
My BG dropped to 3.9 during my spin. OK, not perfect but as my partner's BG dropped to 4.2 when he did a spin class (and he doesn't have diabetes), I consider my drop acceptable.
Maybe next time, I'll try to start with a slightly higher BG ... or maybe drop my basal earlier.

Hi @helensaramay , No I am feeling good, just back off holiday so nice and chilled no stress, no cold aches or pains. Putting it down to wearing luminous pink boxers:D:D

Reactions: kev-w and porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening, o perforated friends..

Just catching up, had a phone call at 0720 to go to a school an hour away for the day. I have been teaching Engineering, Physics, CAD, and I can’t remember what else. Pretty rough school with some very challenging behaviour, but I had two phone calls on the way home - the second one was the agency saying they loved me and want me back tomorrow, eek. I had a monster stress spike and a spot of foot on the floor first thing, got it into range by lunchtime. Looks like I’ll be making use of my busy bee basal profile...

The first call was the GP surgery DN, last Thursday’s HbA1c result are in! Conniption as predicted, it’s 37 :D But I pointed out that’s an average of 6.2 on the meter, and with my usual standard deviation of about 1.5, it’s all good. I’ve got my annual review on 27th, so I’m going to be armed with graphs and CGM readings, mwahaha.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oops... I'm not supposed to be pleased when music pupils all cancel giving me a free evening. (I'm trying to cancel one of them permanently but Mama is not taking the hints. I may need to be more direct, methinks.)

So, quick postprandial walk, cake making all good to go when I get back in as I've set it all up ready, and then maybe an early night once I've cleared up.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, woke at 2.30 @4.4 and worried. I had 2 fruit pastilles so I wasn't that surprised that the 2nd wakening was 5.8
Skoda is now back home and seems to be running OK, the test will be when I try and take it shopping later on. This will be my third attempt.

On a culinary note, I had lunch in Ned's Noodles yesterday and it was brilliant. A bucket of mixed veggies, shrimp paste, lime, coriander and sauce sauce with poke and duck. Friends had noodles and we all agreed it was a fun meal

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all, a waking 4.6 which pleased me, Libre problems yesterday with the reader not leaving a line, this coincided with me working outdoors so something to do with the cold.
Car's fixed :p with a new battery (I can advise they're a pain to take on a bus :p) and an alternator off a scrap car so fingers crossed it'll last :) yee ha but I had to miss my swim and gym so need to play catch up today.

K

Knikki

Morning.

Bit late but @Scott-C Normally I just use the sticky pads that you can buy from MiaoMiao and so far been OK at making everything stick, however pulling them off usually leaves an unpleasant red mark which tends to fade after a few days. SO far not had the skin reactions some have had.

Well woke at a mid 3's now sat at work mid 4 and going to make a coffee to try and salvage this day.

On a side note I HATE software.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
the second one was the agency saying they loved me and want me back tomorrow, eek.

How could they not!

so 11.4 this morning, holding my nerves until tomorrow morning before I make judgement but I'll probably just add 1u to my nighttime basal and see how that goes for another 3 or 4 days.

Yesterday at work was a bit of a chocolate fuelled day with a couple of correction jabs to boot, think I'll try and lay off the sweets today................:inpain:

@therower very well done for spotting @Juicyj..........bit of a family joke regarding giraffes - honeymoon safari and we're out in the bush and stop, someone shouts 'giraffe' and the wife sat down in the cab says 'where? I can't see it' only to stand up out the cab and realises we were that close she was literally looking through its legs.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning guys, and wishing you all a happy Tuesday. Going for my flu jab this morning and need to pick up a script from my surgery for some much needed tablets that my pharmacy, Boots, can't get hold of because of manufacturing problems. so off out soon whilst the weather is dry.
Take care all :)

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, blood sugar running in the high 7s last night, which I don't really like. Not sure if this Mad May Brexit Mess Up stress, or the current levemir deciding it was going to be less effective. I decided the latter was easier to fix than the former, so I'm trying that option first.