Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
A horrible 14.8 on waking; if there’s any cause for this it’s draining the vial of Levemir to the last overworked drop and just not having enough exercise with the knackety knee. Oh how good exercise is for bs cheer. Now down a bit but it’s going to be one of those days. Ah well, moan and groan.

Bless you FG

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This is what really infuriates me about being type 1. Yesterday morning 6.4 on waking up and no spike as mentioned above

This morning I had the same situation woke up at same time with a 6.1 had same insulin, same pre bolus time, same food, porridge. Yesterday 3 hours after injection it was 5.7, this morning 3 hours after injection 12.3. WHYYYYYYYYYY:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh the joys of T1D lol :)[/QUOTE]

Yo yo syndrome
Awful isn’t it

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You can buy stuff to put under rugs to stop them slipping, and there are lots of rugs with lovely colourful fun patterns around these days.

@Cumberland 's home will doubtless now turn into one that looks so super cool and trendy, that it could appear in a home magazine.

Well the fitters left at 4pm and the result is way better than I expected

I’m ripped up all the carpet and lino in preparation left it outside and they very kindly took it away with them

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not where I am now, but I have had it, and know a few people with it, it works well, and looks good. You can get some nice rugs to put on it, they're much easier to replace, if you get bored with the colour, or the pattern, than a carpet.

Have ordered a rug which will come in a few days time hopefully it will finish off the living room

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Snow is forecast for tomorrow night and Saturday morning how horrendous

We’re driving down to Liverpool early Saturday morning so I hope to heaven that the roads are clear of the menacing white stuff

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Toe is ok, but badly bruised, pulses and sensitivity scored top marks, which is a big improvement on last time. I can expect the nail to drop off though, so that’s something to look forward to.

The evening was quite exciting! We had our first call, to an elderly gent who collapsed at his sister's funeral wake, he was conscious but in a fair bit of chest pain, so we were primed for him to keel over. Luckily he improved, we were with him for a couple of hours before the van got there, taking obs and keeping him comfortable. Not a bad job for my first shout. Home now with a lap full of cats, a nice cup of tea, and a 5.8mmol BG :)

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Frustrated that after applying for a provisional license I got a letter back to say I have to go to my local doctors for a medical check :mad: not a clue as to why and to add insult to injury you also have to pay for this as it isn't covered by NHS, I understand why it isn't but also feel it should be covered by the DVLA at the very least as they are the ones who want me to go for it, I didn't choose to!!!

Reactions: Cumberland

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My virus turned out to be a chest infection, so I've been on antibiotics since Tuesday. I'm not coughing as much, so it looks as if I'm on the mend. I'm hoping to be well enough to go a tango class on Saturday. Fingers crossed!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
You’ve eased distress Mel, wonderful, and good news about your duffed up toe!
Thank you for the blessing Cumbs. The floor, and the kind laminate layers sound lovely.
And a steadier day tomorrow please for yo-yo people everywhere. I’ve got back to ‘normal’, my normal, now and have given all my cells a talking to. Just hope they won’t do a toddler sulk.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Frustrated that after applying for a provisional license I got a letter back to say I have to go to my local doctors for a medical check :mad: not a clue as to why and to add insult to injury you also have to pay for this as it isn't covered by NHS, I understand why it isn't but also feel it should be covered by the DVLA at the very least as they are the ones who want me to go for it, I didn't choose to!!!
It's the first I've heard of this happening. Maybe it's a new procedure. If it was me, I would contact my DSN to see if she knew what this is all about. Usually they hear about changes in regulations before most of us.

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Aren't the inconsistencies just part of being human? That's pretty much how I see it. I could do the same thing every day for a year, but despite that I would change, because I would be a day older every day, but as well as that the world around me would be different. One day my neighbour might be quiet all day, the next they might make a lot of noise, one day the bus, assuming I was catching one might arrive perfectly on time, the next day a bit late, and be overcowded.

No day is the same, our emotional reaction to what's going on around us might be different.

It's just being human.

We just have to deal with these variations as best we can, either that or we take Elon Musk's advice, and become cyborgs.
variety is the spice of life. As T1Ds we try to leaven that spice with some consistency, our hedge against chaos !!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmm, a good couple of blood sugar days, a definite improvement having upped Tresiba to 18u, for a while I struggled with it, house cleared with the last tip run done, I got the washer out without any leaks and it lasted but minutes afore a guy pulled up in an estate car and got it in the back, keys in at estate agents and the house sold tomorrow, or one hopes so anyway...
I'm consistently inconsistent, but it keeps me on my toes, and talking toes I lost a toe nail once, gym accident where I dropped a 20kg plate right on my big toe from the squat rack, it swelled up huge and I was given antibiotics, eventually it went down and the nail dropped off and regrew, worrying T1 times are foot injuries :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Good morning all. Woke to a low this morning, must have been my turn lol. Running at 4.8 as we speak so going to have some biccies with my tea in a bit to stop it falling....
Rugs on laminate flooring can be deadly.....my ex mother-in-law used to polish her laminate once a month.....I really wish I had videoed the slips and slide for the day or so after she had done it, I would have made a killing on "You've been framed" lol
But as a young'un, the joy of sliding over polished floors in my socks !!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hmmm, a good couple of blood sugar days, a definite improvement having upped Tresiba to 18u, for a while I struggled with it, house cleared with the last tip run done, I got the washer out without any leaks and it lasted but minutes afore a guy pulled up in an estate car and got it in the back, keys in at estate agents and the house sold tomorrow, or one hopes so anyway...
I'm consistently inconsistent, but it keeps me on my toes, and talking toes I lost a toe nail once, gym accident where I dropped a 20kg plate right on my big toe from the squat rack, it swelled up huge and I was given antibiotics, eventually it went down and the nail dropped off and regrew, worrying T1 times are foot injuries :)

Ooh crumbs sounds horrific

I lost a big toe nail as a kid and your post has reminded me how squeamish it all was