kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning everyone!

Everything was going swimmingly this morning (a touch out of range at 9.0 when I woke but took a correction with my morning basal) until it came time for late breakfast a few hours later. Some kind soul had been in the fridge since I came in and chucked the milk I'd brought in for my mugs of tea (I decanted a small amount from a new bottle to a pint I'd finished over the weekend).

Currently fuming with my food and milkless cuppa. Was still at 9.0 when I took my dose for this so the correction held off some of the rise I experience on work mornings.

@helensaramay - please share the secret to negative glucose: it could be useful for us when we're a bit out of range on the high side!
Hi @Colin of Kent, I think this is explained by the theory of relativity. If one's BSL is 9 and then falls to say, 7 mmol/l then that indicates a negative 2 mmol/l. Of course one has to account for the compartment issue, as relativity may be confined by spatial considerations such blood and circulation compartment vs interstitial (between body cells) and intracellular. The theory of entanglement wherein the BSL in the cells is immediately influenced by that in the blood stream has been tested to some extent. However obtaining permission from persons to agree to having their brain cells removed and measured is proving difficult.
Other fields and compartments are being measured in addition to the interstitium, such as tears. Salvia has not proven that useful and spitting is considered a bad habit anyway. Some bright spark thought about a midget submarine navigating the blood stream to sample the blood in the portal vein but whilst oxygen levels were not a problem for the miniature crew, excessive flow and difficulty transmitting the measurement signal have led to that project being shelved. They are still trying to find the sub.
However whilst in transit to the vein the sub did note falls in BSL to corroborate the relativistic negative glucose readings.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I try and get the new sensor in 24 hours before the old one ends to "bed in". Will start the new sensor. wait an hour then stop the MM with xdrip and retart it straight away

Yep - I've done the bedding in thing and leave the sensor for 24 hours but before now I've been rationing sensors as I didn't have them on repeat. So essentially, you do start the new one and leave it an hour before putting it onto xDrip - that's what I was after thanks :)

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Colin of Kent, I think this is explained by the theory of relativity. If one's BSL is 9 and then falls to say, 7 mmol/l then that indicates a negative 2 mmol/l. Of course one has to account for the compartment issue, as relativity may be confined by spatial considerations such blood and circulation compartment vs interstitial (between body cells) and intracellular. The theory of entanglement wherein the BSL in the cells is immediately influenced by that in the blood stream has been tested to some extent. However obtaining permission from persons to agree to having their brain cells removed and measured is proving difficult.
Other fields and compartments are being measured in addition to the interstitium, such as tears. Salvia has not proven that useful and spitting is considered a bad habit anyway. Some bright spark thought about a midget submarine navigating the blood stream to sample the blood in the portal vein but whilst oxygen levels were not a problem for the miniature crew, excessive flow and difficulty transmitting the measurement signal have led to that project being shelved. They are still trying to find the sub.
However whilst in transit to the vein the sub did note falls in BSL to corroborate the relativistic negative glucose readings.
Reminds me of 'Innerspace'

MV5BNDk1NzNiMGQtNGQ4Yy00NmMzLTkyNWQtZjM4MDU2Y2Q2NDVlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

K

Knikki

Morning all.
I woke at 5:30am to some distressing news - I am dead!

However, I did not expect to see -0.7mmol/l

~Starts a séance session~

How you mange a -0.7?? :wideyed:

Think the lowest I have had show on xDrip is 1.7 o_O

I might have to give Glimp another go see if I can get close to that :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Question for those using xDrip with Libre - when you activate a new sensor (via official scanner or LibreLink app) do you immediately start xDrip and wait the hour or do you wait the warmup hour and then start xDrip? Does it matter? The couple of times I've had sensors I've waited the hour and then put on my Blucon and started it up with a start time an hour earlier and it seems to spring to life but if I could just do it all at the same time and leave it it might be handier.

What I tend to do is activate the new sensor to start its hour warm-up, and blucon will still be running happily on the old sensor during that time (activating the new sensor won't kill the old one, blucon will carry on reading it juat fine, but you'll obviously not be able to scan the old sensor with the reader as it's now associated with the new sensor), then, once the new sensor hour warm-up is done, I just take the blucon off the old one and put it on the new one and it'll pick up on the next 5 min read. As it's a new sensor, the calibration table from the old sensor won't mean a lot, so I'll reset all calibrations and calibrate it anew. I don't think the start time makes much difference with blucon - that's more a dexcom thing. Even if I don't tell it the start time, the sensor age still appears ok on the graph.

Reactions: db89

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all for the replies. @slip,yes was using Lantus which I used to split. Been on Toujeo 2 1/2 years and used to take in evening but now take in the morning. As you say you cannot split it due to its action time.
@helenramsey I have never fancied a pump but always have the discussion at hospital visit. Told in November I would not be eligible here as I am on the whole doing well, with good results. Very very strict criteria in Leeds. As for swimming I don’t start feeling the affects till about 18 hours later. Extra food then required. Actually need more Fiasp in the hours following my swim.
Oh well, will just have to keep munching the Jelly Babies in the early hours or go to bed a lot higher than I want to.

Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks all for the replies. @slip,yes was using Lantus which I used to split. Been on Toujeo 2 1/2 years and used to take in evening but now take in the morning. As you say you cannot split it due to its action time.
@helenramsey I have never fancied a pump but always have the discussion at hospital visit. Told in November I would not be eligible here as I am on the whole doing well, with good results. Very very strict criteria in Leeds. As for swimming I don’t start feeling the affects till about 18 hours later. Extra food then required. Actually need more Fiasp in the hours following my swim.
Oh well, will just have to keep munching the Jelly Babies in the early hours or go to bed a lot higher than I want to.
I don’t see why you can’t split Toujeo just because it’s long acting - I used to split my Tresiba, and that’s supposed to last 36-40 hours. It might even out your levels.

K

Knikki

Yep - I've done the bedding in thing and leave the sensor for 24 hours but before now I've been rationing sensors as I didn't have them on repeat. So essentially, you do start the new one and leave it an hour before putting it onto xDrip - that's what I was after thanks :)

When I change sensors I sometimes leave the miaomiao connected on the old one for a while.
Actvate the new one using the reader, leave cooking for an hour.

Once the hour has passed.

On xDrip Stop the sensor, then during the activation stage, it asks if the sensor was new today, I say yes, then up comes a clock set it to the time the new sensor became active and away I go.

Really is magic this stuff :wideyed::hilarious:

K

Knikki

@Knikki - there are some things you have to learn yourself.
However, I do have a message for you from the afterlife.
Your Great Aunt Gladys passes on her regards. She regrets not being there at your wedding but says you have made a good choice.

And back down at earth, I can confirm even zombies get red cheeks during a spin class.

So glad you heard from Gladys as she shuffled off this mortal coil about 30 years ago, glad she is ok.

As for the 'red cheeks' was that the over excersion in the Spin Class or wind? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:;)

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Excellent day to you all ! Glad you are all alive and wishing you optimum wellness. Trying to cut down on carbs today, working it slowly. I want to use as little insulin as possible, health and money wise. Yesterday, over the course of the whole day in addition to other stuff, I ate 1350 grams of cheddar, 34% fat, much to my shock. Today I have to cut back on that too. We're having a great winter here so far, quite a few welcome chinooks (warm periods) in the Canadian far western prairies. Today is 17F and it's not snowing. Yes !! Participating on this forum is the closest I come to travel (by choice). I love Brit, down under and NZ accents, although the only time I hear them is on Youtube free movies.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Wot !! It is late arvo here!! Fine sunny day with cool breezes.
My usual hairdresser is closed until 18th January, by which time, if left unshorn, I would look the wild man of Borneo.
Must find the nearest shearing shed !!
I think my 'luxurious' hair such as it is, is being fed by chia, linseed meal and hemp protein. No bird's nests in evidence.
MMmm, hair cut, another way to weigh less!!
27500677_1567592336652178_7610963251028988237_o.jpg

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kitedoc that pic isn't your dog is it? I can't see the wild man of Borneo taming a dog like that :hilarious:

So I put my last Libre on last night, fairly steady and level last night but BG wasn't as low as it was reporting
IMG_scan2.jpg
(at 22:30 scan was 5.0, 22:39 blood was 7.1)
Was 6.7 on the finger prick before brekkie but it's still out, reading LO but BG 3.9 currently, I'll be watching the line plot carefully this morning.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, trying to get my current 14% below target over last 7 days down, at the moment, while keeping the time above target the same. These targets are so useful.

If a little dull...................

It's a numbers game isn't it!?!? then again it's more than a numbers game too!

Reactions: Alison54321