Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

@smc4761 Yeah I have found that with Etch A Sketch sensors tells me I'm LO when bloods and xDrip telling me I'm 4.5+ and certainly not LO.

It is a good bit of kit but flaky.

Talking of which I am relying on this magic tech because I have run out of test strips :rolleyes: should make for a few interesting days.

Just mooched through the Recent Post and so want to rant but I will hold, don't fancy getting banned :hilarious:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 Yeah I have found that with Etch A Sketch sensors tells me I'm LO when bloods and xDrip telling me I'm 4.5+ and certainly not LO.

It is a good bit of kit but flaky.

Talking of which I am relying on this magic tech because I have run out of test strips :rolleyes: should make for a few interesting days.

Just mooched through the Recent Post and so want to rant but I will hold, don't fancy getting banned :hilarious:
oh go on @Knikki, just a tiny rant! I want to know what's razzed you up ;)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Morning all - am suffering highs at night time here hit 14.4mmol/l last night, but also have an upset tum too so think i've bought a bug home with me, it's coming down to 6.4 now, but frustrating all the same.

I made a low carb bread last night with almond flour, coconut flour, butter, eggs, baking powder, salt and that's had very little impact on my BG levels, makes about 16 slices, obviously cheaper and easier to buy a low carb one but that takes the fun out of experimenting. Had 2 slices and bolused for 10g of carb and had a really tiny spike so chuffed with that :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.

Go on have a rant, we all need to at times !!

Reactions: Alison54321

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

just had a quick look and still wondering which thread has your back up, come on spill the beans.

Reactions: Alison54321
K

Knikki

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Bloods are behaving (just) woke to a 4.0 this morning and upto 7 now. Happy with that as I am just coming down with a sore throat.....no good in my job thou :(
That bread sounds good @Juicyj
Waiting in anticipation for the rant @Knikki......wondering what its about :)
If a little dull...................
Type 1 is never dull lol

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
@kitedoc that pic isn't your dog is it? I can't see the wild man of Borneo taming a dog like that :hilarious:

So I put my last Libre on last night, fairly steady and level last night but BG wasn't as low as it was reporting
View attachment 30505
(at 22:30 scan was 5.0, 22:39 blood was 7.1)
Was 6.7 on the finger prick before brekkie but it's still out, reading LO but BG 3.9 currently, I'll be watching the line plot carefully this morning.
Nope. The dog was to illustrate the (exaggerated) challenge for the hairdresser. Also misleading is the hair colour, Mine is a 'distinguished' dark ash greying grey.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
And good mid morning all. How has so much time gone already trying to triangulate meetings etc for the part time job! Argh!
An unbelievably good night’s BGs and so far so good this morning. It surely can’t last, can it? Choosing socks very very carefully today.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it's diabetes related and it has some kind of power source, Tim is already ahead of the game and knows about it!

Reactions: Fairygodmother