1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Goodnight everyone sleep well

• Like Like x 2
  2. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

A very late happy new year all, busy day here, good to see you on parade @Scott-C in light of the bets on what time you'd surface! I've already been to bed, wanted an early night, can't sleep as I'm paying for a busy day with bl**dy sciatica so got up to take some painkillers, waiting for them to kick in before I go back to bed. Still, got a lot of what needed doing done.

Glad those of you who celebrate New Year had a good one!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I still love it! And a very worthy winner this year :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day its cold out there this morning

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Back to work today.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

Booked an extra day off so at the moment sort of OK.

Was going to the gym, get BSL down but looking at the frost on the car, warm inside and coffee is far more tempting so maybe later :rolleyes:

@therower yes the joke was on the monitor resolution :hilarious:

@Mel dCP What was Aquaman like?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Not back in work until Monday.
    BS is being very well behaved with minimum effort the last few days. It’ll all change I’m sure but for the moment I’ll bask in it being easy peasy.
    Grandkids sitting today. Manic fun will shortly commence:):):).
    Have a good day everyone.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  8. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I’m back to work tomorrow which is just as well as we had to cater for 14 yesterday so having a nice relaxing day today

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  9. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Please do not forget the out of date credit card for scraping the ice off the windscreen !!! Best Wishes with the BSL!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. kitedoc

Can you collect the empty ordnance shells to make art work?? Please do not forget to come up for air after Aquaman !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. kitedoc

Floating along on about 35 to 40 g carbs per day and, except for exercise, my bolus, basal and BSLs are behaving.
    Just feeling like lots of sleep. But the weather is hot so that is my excuse. No man flu, no keto flu allowed !!!
    BSLs rise 4.6 --> 9.6 mmol/l after walking to library and back, 4 hours after breakfast, no snacks. And then I mistimed reducing the basal rate before the start of the exercise-related downturn in BSL because I had corrected for the 9.6 mmol/l. D'oh !!
    Ah, well I can always fine tune it. Off to the store tomorrow for seaweed to help with the diet!!
    Steel cannulas are holding up well but I have decided to change them every two days as recommended (rather than every 3 days as per the plastic cannulas). I am hoping that less insulin in one spot will cause less scarring so more sites and less hassle with insulin absorption longer term.. That is the theory!!!
    I just need another 50 years to get this diabetes thing pegged !!!
    IMG_3275 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

Woke with a high BG today.
    I am putting it down to the stress of having to work today after an amazing 2 weeks away.
    I have hundreds of emails to read and I am trying to build up the enthusiasm to do so.

One of the disadvantages of working from home is the lack of colleagues to chat about the Christmas break with for the first morning back.

Ho hum - I'll try to look forward to the gym (for the first time in over 2 weeks) once I finish work.
    Unlike @therower my gym is walking/running distance so I have no excuse about scraping ice from the car windscreen although it is certainly warmer in than out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
  13. Chris Bowsher

Chris Bowsher Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Happy new year everyone! So glad to be back at work and into more of a routine again.

• Like Like x 6
  14. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@helensaramay . No frost here today. Almost a pleasant day. @Knikki is having frost problems :).
    Still not sure it warrants missing a gym workout:). Perhaps we should shame him into scraping the windscreen.;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all, back to the deployment of advanced distraction techniques to avoid doing the things that must be done, or work, as some of you call it.

Last night started a new sensor, it just decided to show low, hoping it will start working better over the course of the day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good morning all and wishing you a wonderful Wednesday. The engineer is coming out this afternoon to ( hopefully) fix my wifi :)
    Woke up on 11.3:meh: so took an extra 1/2 unit to help bring it down.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Frosty morning to you all :)
    Back to work AGAIN for me, never get too many days off when in the motor industry :grumpy::grumpy:
    Woke to an 8 this morning and slowly rising, time for another correction dose and look at my morning ratios
    Looks like its the morning of high(ish( BGs this morning

@Mel dCP what was Aquaman like?

• Like Like x 3
  18. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning and a happy new year to all you wonderful people. Partied and stayed at a very good friends house, 5 sets of parents, and 10 kids (I think!) - it was crazy, aged 5 or 6 to 13 or there abouts all but 1, girls..........poor lad!

BG was as expected...........

Back to work tomorrow and normal routine thankfully.

@hh1 I do hope your sciatica clears up quickly, I’m still not completely back to normal from my bout in the summer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks @slip, it's been going on since August and nothing I've tried seems to really make any difference. Time to go back to the medics for a diagnosis that's more than just 'sciatica' I think. Hope yours continues to improve.

• Like Like x 1
  20. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@hh1 sympathies re the sciatica. It’s a devil of a pain.
    It’s interesting listening to everyone talk about going back to work. I am retired, going on 3 and a bit years now and have to say I have not missed it one bit. Though I loved my job. Life is very busy (too busy at times) but does have a certain routine about it. Was itching to get going yesterday, so as hubby was out notching up the birds I took down all the decs and packed them away. Then blitzed the downstairs. Blitzing upstairs today. Back to grandson duties, gardening and swim training next week. Then at the end of month parents for a while when mum has knee replacement. Add in food shopping, litter picking and meetings, there is absolutely no time to go out to work.
    The fly in the appointment has been sugar levels. Sky high! New basal today so hoping for a result. Fit as a fiddle and pretty strict eating and no alcohol for last few days and still high grr!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook