Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rocky Horror ooooo man you have to do the Timewarp :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

That is such a great film and even better as a stage show, went to few back in the 80's and yes we all dressed up in a variety of things and unfortunately no pictures.

I actually saw it live whith Jason Donnovan & Nicholas parsons as the narrator? With my partner, now wife... Back in the late 1990s?

Lol, I was surprised to see my parents sat in the audience a few rows away. My dad was more into opera... (No they weren't wearing the "gear.")

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I actually saw it live whith Jason Donnovan & Nicholas parsons as the narrator? With my partner, now wife... Back in the late 1990s?

Lol, I was surprised to see my parents sat in the audience a few rows away. My dad was more into opera... (No they weren't wearing the "gear.")
Was it live from Norwich? :):):)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was it live from Norwich? :):):)

Theatre Royal, Bath..
I realy wasn't expecting much from Donnovan. (He'd gone up in my estimation.) But it was a good laugh with Parsons at the helm. Giving the deviation on a good repetition without any hesitation... :)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last night I saw that a film was on at 9pm, now I have seen clips from the film and heard some of the music, but never watched it. It was The Rocky Horror picture show, Tim Curry, a great actor and played the part well, stockings and all o_O and I thought Richard O'brien was very good as Riff Raff, but the whole film was just completely bonker's for me, totally bizarre, but, I am glad I actually watched it and to the end too.

Love Rocky Horror, the music is fantastic. been to see it on stage many many years ago and Tim Currys role was played by Bobby Crush, younger peeps may have to look him up to see who he was. He was fantastic in the role, so OTT

Reactions: Robinredbreast

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Second trouble - I hope they don't come in threes. Knocked my libre reader into the toilet. That's not going to be good for it at all...
Fortunately I have the miaomiao. New reader ordered, hope it comes in the next week otherwise I'm going to be trying to find somebody with a posher android phone than mine to start the next sensor.
(reader has had water shaken out and is now in rice, though I'm not really hopeful that it will survive)
Dare i ask why you had reader in the toilet

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I noticed this post, pic below, by Marek Macner, who is developing his own libre transmitter, T-mini, on JamorHam's gitter page, thought it might be interesting for us blucon/miao miao fans/enthusiasts/fetishists.

Libre 2 has been launched in Germany, has bluetooth, so it can ping hypo/hyper alerts to the reader.

That sounds all well and good, but there's been some worries that the data is encrypted, so, if Libre 1 is phased out and we get Libre 2 instead, we can kiss goodbye to being able to run it to xdrip/spike and will be stuck with incredibly primitive reader stuff or go dexcom.

Marek is in Poland and seems to have got his mitts on an L2, hopefully not by invading Germany, but given the history of the two countries, I wouldn't blame the lad if he did. He says they're working with the xdrip/spike folks, the apps are ready to collect data from L2, but they're not sure if it's accurate or not, so watch this space.

If they're getting data from L2, that would ease the worries I've had about L2 screwing up the xdrip gig I run, but it's obviously a case of wait and see at the moment.

Not clear from the post whether they're getting the data directly from the new bluetooth in L2 or still running it through blucon/mm a la L1.

Screenshot_2019-01-25-14-05-46.png

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I noticed this post, pic below, by Marek Macner, who is developing his own libre transmitter, T-mini, on JamorHam's gitter page, thought it might be interesting for us blucon/miao miao fans/enthusiasts/fetishists.

Libre 2 has been launched in Germany, has bluetooth, so it can ping hypo/hyper alerts to the reader.

That sounds all well and good, but there's been some worries that the data is encrypted, so, if Libre 1 is phased out and we get Libre 2 instead, we can kiss goodbye to being able to run it to xdrip/spike and will be stuck with incredibly primitive reader stuff or go dexcom.

Marek is in Poland and seems to have got his mitts on an L2, hopefully not by invading Germany, but given the history of the two countries, I wouldn't blame the lad if he did. He says they're working with the xdrip/spike folks, the apps are ready to collect data from L2, but they're not sure if it's accurate or not, so watch this space.

If they're getting data from L2, that would ease the worries I've had about L2 screwing up the xdrip gig I run, but it's obviously a case of wait and see at the moment.

Not clear from the post whether they're getting the data directly from the new bluetooth in L2 or still running it through blucon/mm a la L1.

View attachment 30845
I’ve seen Marek talking about that in the Spike fb group too. I’m quietly optimistic that the talented dia-nerds among us will crack the puzzle! :rolleyes:

Reactions: porl69

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’ve seen Marek talking about that in the Spike fb group too. I’m quietly optimistic that the talented dia-nerds among us will crack the puzzle! :rolleyes:

Lol, Mel, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to either charm Marek with your purple hair, or threaten him with your mahoosive boots into spilling the beans on how far they've got!

By the way, we're going to have to restart the #competitiveflatlining competition, for no other reason that I've already won it with this little number.

Had been playing around with lantus for a while, the same units were dipping me one night, rising me the next, then ended up with this one and it's kinda settled into a happy zone.

Bg tests confirms it. Lantus dosing info says weight in kilos divided by 5, which would put me at around 14, but that wasn't holding, but 17 seems to do the trick.

I wonder whether the cold weather is making my body work harder to keep warm, pushing out more stored glycogen for that purpose, so needs more basal to manage it.

Anyhoo, it's a lovely overnight flat line, so I've either got my basal right or my cgm is broken..

Screenshot_2019-01-13-18-19-09.png

Reactions: porl69 and becca59