Type 1'stars R Us

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gonna throw in a bonus morning greeting for those who'll be rising in a few hours :)

km6xyR.jpg

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Lol, Mel, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to either charm Marek with your purple hair, or threaten him with your mahoosive boots into spilling the beans on how far they've got!

By the way, we're going to have to restart the #competitiveflatlining competition, for no other reason that I've already won it with this little number.

Had been playing around with lantus for a while, the same units were dipping me one night, rising me the next, then ended up with this one and it's kinda settled into a happy zone.

Bg tests confirms it. Lantus dosing info says weight in kilos divided by 5, which would put me at around 14, but that wasn't holding, but 17 seems to do the trick.

I wonder whether the cold weather is making my body work harder to keep warm, pushing out more stored glycogen for that purpose, so needs more basal to manage it.

Anyhoo, it's a lovely overnight flat line, so I've either got my basal right or my cgm is broken..

View attachment 30847
Hi @Scott-C, Nah, there is a very slight variation in the flatline - not broken - It is a a fantastic result.
In a way sleep is probably the most relaxed state there is but the insulin dose and action has to be pretty perfect also.
Maybe CGM could be an indicator for nightmares also, some blips in the chart would be as the signals.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Gonna throw in a bonus morning greeting for those who'll be rising in a few hours :)

km6xyR.jpg
So are you saying that the one who wears the pants in the family is on the outer on Sundays ??

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So are you saying that the one who wears the pants in the family is on the outer on Sundays ??

hBDAB34F1

Any views or opinions expressed in the commentary are those of the individual sloth and do not necessarily represent those of the poster, their family, affiliates, acquaintances or people they've passed on the street.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
hBDAB34F1

Any views or opinions expressed in the commentary are those of the individual sloth and do not necessarily represent those of the poster, their family, affiliates, acquaintances or people they've passed on the street.
Thank you @db89, I like the slow thinkers - still waters run deep. Such as he/she need no pants !!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys, I am so excited I have received this letter today from my hospital and I am going on a Libre course in June. I can't believe it, after 30 years, I am actually going to try one out :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
View attachment 30838
Great news @Robinredbreast as a T2 luckily enough to be diet controlled from reading posts here I know that this will be an important tool in your armoury to control and monitor your diabetes - bet you can’t wait xx

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooh first on parade. Morning!
Brilliant flatline @Scott-C Just did that same calculation you mentioned On Toujeo. Says I should be on 11 and am on 10 so not far out. Have a similar problem with night time readings. Can have a few really good ones then it all goes pear shaped. Either going up or going the other way. As I rarely eat anything after 5pm I know it’s not affected by food or bolus. Exercise does have some impact but unfortunately not consistently. Which is not helpful. Can also have excessive DP for 3/4 weeks and then it disappears. It makes settling on a regime difficult. After getting upset and frustrated I just accept and adjust when needed. I also think the cold and dark has an impact. As we move into spring I will probably be able to reduce basal down to 9.

Reactions: Cumberland

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy whats left of your weekend .two little ninjas coming in about an hour so busy day for me

Reactions: Cumberland

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, considerer me another educated student. Online teaching as well:):):). Had to google it and must admit I’ll not be ordering from amazon this week.
Perhaps konjac rice pudding??????
I wouldn’t bother - tried it, and the noodles, and it took me longer to rinse and cook them than to decide they definitely weren’t for me - same as ‘coconut porridge’ which I’m sure you could use for wallpaper paste (perhaps I cooked it wrong!!!). I tend to stick to the real thing these days - if I have them I cook, cool and reheat and it doesn’t affect my BS too much or, if I have any lurking in the fridge, I have courgetti or sliced courgettes with my bolognese sauce.

Reactions: therower and hh1

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
The Libre - so unobtrusive, you don't even know you're wearing it. That'll be why I just knocked mine off whilst showering then! Arrrrgh!

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, not wearing pants yet (10.50) but thinking I ought to get my a*** into gear. Need to fill the feeders and get on with the Big Garden Birdwatch. It's blowy and the windows are howling. My nose is still not right but BG was in the 5s so that's not to be sniffed at.
PS Edward Burne Jones got better as he got older

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Put the replacement medtrum sensor on yesterday and tested it to the max by having a take away curry last night. Not a bad effort! Before calibrating this morning it was saying 6.0, blood was 6.1 and this is last nights graph:

CA219BB1-F85D-40A6-8098-10B175788C17.png

Attachments

• CA4B20BD-0852-4E20-9C45-B2935B75D7F7.png
    CA4B20BD-0852-4E20-9C45-B2935B75D7F7.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 120
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, just popped in to say hi, my daughter, SIL and baby granddaughter are coming round very soon and later on my other daughter's boyfriend will be joining us for roast dinner. He doesn't like a lot of foods, but he does like chicken and roast potatoes, so that a good start, bless him, he is a lovely lad :)

Reactions: porl69 and therower

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all, last on parade again. Feeling distinctly less than spectacular due to slightly too much red wine. Neurofen and coffee for brunch, so considering a duck egg and manchego omelette to see me through my first responder shift later. Also, it’s snowing. Several high alarms during the night, so no flatline here, @Scott-C :(

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
G'd morning 1.39 am here . Am I last or first ??
Bit a bit too much goat's cheese, well-cheesed up but not off.
Washing to put on the line then bed, Will probably dream of rounds of cheese all night. ooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reactions: Knikki and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I am trying to be the latest today . Not usually on the weekends as hate the app on my phone!
Well, all my Medtronic "homework" has been done and just done my first cannula change....why was I so worried about it? Seriously, finger poking hurts more! Just learning about dual and square wave bolus...been connected for 3 days now and no problems to report as yet