Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Me here on q weekend!!!! Was going to basal test last night but Wales scrapped a winn against Italy so stayed down the pump and had a few more beers. So was fighting highs and lows all night. Going to use the Libre to do it tonight as I put a new one in on Friday night and it seems pretty spot on. Still feels strange not taking a pen everywhere I go....
Knikki very jealous of your new sounds....I adore dub
Mel, what small diesel are you looking at?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just waiting for the grandsons (a.k.a the ninjas) to arrive they will give me the much needed boost i need as i cant wait to see the end of this week .staff meeting in work yesterday to say we are all on 30 days notice as the home is closing down to say im gutted is an understatement ive worked there for 20 years and have now got to find a new job which im sure i will.sorry to be all doom and gloom i dont mean to be im also worried about what the move will mean to the residents as some have been there for years such sad times anyway enjoy whats left of the weekend everyone :(

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 so sorry to hear that. Life is not treating you kindly at the moment, am glad the ninjas are on their way and hope things start to improve.

Reactions: karen8967

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast is probably my downfall when it comes to carbs. I tend to eat porridge, all 5 spoonfulls of raw porridge with half milk half water and that is around 40 g of carbs. Either that or 2 poached eggs on toast again around 40 g of carbs.

Lunch is generally around 25 g of carbs and dinner most days, chicken meat or fish with veg which is fairly minimal carbs. Wonder if they would let me join LCHF club, Unfortunately I do this about 5 days a week and the other 2 days are a bit more carb laden. But hey I enjoy my food
My only interest in carbs is purely how much insulin do I need to inject to keep me within my personal BS range for maybe 80% of the time.
My diet is dictated by what I perceive to be healthy and satisfying. If a meal is 200g carbs and it’s what I want then I have it.
Likewise if it’s 10g carbs then I have it. Treacle sponge pudding and custard, I know it’s not healthy but it satisfies in a certain way on odd occasions. As for healthy, well, potatoes, pasta, bread and cereal all get included in what I deem to be sensible amounts.
I guess I average around 160/ 200 g carbs daily at the moment ( unless the pudding monster raises his head:)).
I’m not sure where on the “ carb scale “ that puts me.
But between me and you , I really don’t care:):):)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
That’s horrible, Karen! So so sorry you, your colleagues and the residents are facing this! It’ll be tough getting through the next 30 days so don’t feel you have to apologise for your feelings about it. It’s not much time in which to find new places for the residents so look after yourself too, as much as you can, in the midst of the turmoil.
I hope you, and they, find good alternatives with cheerful staff and colleagues.
Have a good good day with the ninjas!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Evening here. Wonderful sunny arvo with a moderate westerly, on-shore breeze and despite all precautions I have a rosy glow to all uncovered skin = face, despite hat and scarf and suncream. I think it is wind burn plus the UV rays bouncing off the sand.
New kite is still in a Mary Celeste condition due to me miscalculating the size of some fittings (can you redo geometry and trig at 65)?? But other kites to fly. See uploaded files.
BSLs slight dip this evening, do to more exercise than I had allowed for plus the effect of relaxation and distraction (
that is looking at kites at the beach, nowhere else )!!! Honest !

view out to sea.....bird kite with tail......Cheery bunch....Eyeing you off....Saying hello to........caught in mid-spin
.............................no rocket fuel used.....of critters.........for dinner?..........the children...................cycle
P2100671.jpg ....P2100700.jpg..........P2100657.jpg ..........P2100650.jpg .......P2100666.jpg.........P2100664.jpg

K

Knikki

@karen8967 HUGS matey, it's awful when you loose your job like that :***:

@porl69 Give me some dub names as I have only just recently found this and want to get some more :)

@therower think my breakfast averages between 90 - 110 of carb :hilarious: and enjoy every bit :joyful:.

Morning, well only just, :rolleyes: cleaned some vinyl records and they are sounding even better now. :joyful:

@kitedoc love your kites really should get one from you and then go fly it when we go Anglesey later in the year. :couchpotato:

Reactions: hh1 and therower

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 sending you big hugs, it must be a horrible feeling losing a job you love, hope things work out for you. I am also of a certain age and i am really petrified of losing my job; I have been there in one form or other for 23 years. Hopefully I can get another few years out of it at least then take redundancy to keep me going

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 . Sorry to hear your news.
Hopefully you and the residents will all find new surroundings before to long.
I’m sure the ninjas will soften the blow today.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@karen8967 sorry to hear about your redundancy - it happened to me a few years ago. I’m sure you’ll soon get another job which I hope you’ll love just as much xxx

Reactions: therower
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
just waiting for the grandsons (a.k.a the ninjas) to arrive they will give me the much needed boost i need as i cant wait to see the end of this week .staff meeting in work yesterday to say we are all on 30 days notice as the home is closing down to say im gutted is an understatement ive worked there for 20 years and have now got to find a new job which im sure i will.sorry to be all doom and gloom i dont mean to be im also worried about what the move will mean to the residents as some have been there for years such sad times anyway enjoy whats left of the weekend everyone :(

So sorry to hear that Karen, sending a virtual hug your way (((((((((((( HUG )))))))))) x

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 sorry to hear of your redundancy. I'm sure you will get something new though 20 years is a long stretch these days in the same employment so you must have enjoyed working there.

@Knikki walk me through the 90-110 carb breakfast - that sounds like a feast! Not sure I can help with the dub, I once described it as like listening to Megatron singing in the shower. :playful:

@porl69 - are you getting on well with Mike after a few days?

Reactions: Knikki and porl69

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
@karen8967 HUGS matey, it's awful when you loose your job like that :***:

@porl69 Give me some dub names as I have only just recently found this and want to get some more :)

@therower think my breakfast averages between 90 - 110 of carb :hilarious: and enjoy every bit :joyful:.

Morning, well only just, :rolleyes: cleaned some vinyl records and they are sounding even better now. :joyful:

@kitedoc love your kites really should get one from you and then go fly it when we go Anglesey later in the year. :couchpotato:
Yep, plenty of kites to chose from. But most below are commercial. If you need any pointers, just give us a shout !!o_O

Pointer kite.....Delta.......................Tri-D, type of.......inflatable......bowed kites.........rotor kite.............compound
light-sl mod....light to mod..........box kite..............(no spars).......in red.................(wings spin).........delta-conyne
breeze...............................................mod to heavy........L to M........L to sl.M..............moderate.......mod to heavy
P2100701.jpg..........P5130010.jpg .......P2200094.jpg.........PB200028.jpg.....P3310334.jpg ....P4040218.jpg ...P6121359.jpg

Reactions: Juicyj and Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Breakfast is probably my downfall when it comes to carbs. I tend to eat porridge, all 5 spoonfulls of raw porridge with half milk half water and that is around 40 g of carbs. Either that or 2 poached eggs on toast again around 40 g of carbs.

Lunch is generally around 25 g of carbs and dinner most days, chicken meat or fish with veg which is fairly minimal carbs. Wonder if they would let me join LCHF club, Unfortunately I do this about 5 days a week and the other 2 days are a bit more carb laden. But hey I enjoy my food

I'm the opposite, I only have small yogurt or yogurt drink, so about 6 carbs = 1/2 to 1 unit of NovoRapid, depending on waking BS and activity. Then I have more for lunch and dinner too, beef casserole tonight, with veg and mash potatoes and a yogurt ( yes I love yogurt lol ) but sometimes................. I have an Almond chocolate ice cream lolly:hungry:

Reactions: Molly56 and hh1

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kitedoc. I think some, maybe even a lot of us will be purchasing a kite at some point this year.
Kites only cross my mind whilst on holiday, usually a vast open beach in Cornwall.
I strongly suspect kite technology has come on since the last time I tried a bit of flying as a bored teenager.
Bring on Cornwall this year and a return to my youth.:):):)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@karen8967 - sending big hugs xxx I really hope you find something you like soon.

@porl69 - a Micra...

@kitedoc - they’re astonishing!

Bit high all night and didn’t sleep well so have just had a bath in attempt to smell better for this evening’s Dead South gig in Bristol. Was on call for less than four hours last night and had three shouts. One to a suspected body behind a locked door (got stood down and the plod took over), somone on a bridge with breathing difficulties (ditto) and a very distressed lady with advanced MS - I took my first lead role on that one. Very interesting and learned a lot, she’s in hospital now. That all put my bg up in a way that even the most stroppy school kid has so far failed to do.

Hope you all have a nice relaxing day. Hopefully my biggest problem will be deciding what to wear tonight!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@karen8967 sorry to hear of your redundancy. I'm sure you will get something new though 20 years is a long stretch these days in the same employment so you must have enjoyed working there.

@Knikki walk me through the 90-110 carb breakfast - that sounds like a feast! Not sure I can help with the dub, I once described it as like listening to Megatron singing in the shower. :playful:

@porl69 - are you getting on well with Mike after a few days?
Yeah it's strange at the mo not taking a pen wherever I go and not having to inject before eating! It's going to take a while to getting used to having Mike connected to me all the time lol