1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@helensaramay . “ our man “ and “ namesake” .
    Crafty but brilliant.:):):):)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If you're watching rugby, Helen, it should be with a single malt, not malt loaf!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Whiskey laden malt loaf.
    That’s gotta be a kitchen challenge for you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Big thankyou for the hugs and support you are all stars feeling a bit more positive and the ninjas have cheered me up no end so once again thanks everyone

• Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. karen8967

Goodnight everyone sleep well

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. karen8967

Good morning everyone have a good day FB_IMG_1533586008544.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

Morning

Coffee consumed feel OK, low carb breakfast consumed earlier now running 5.0, not bad....

As for servers well I wish I had the job of my altered ego Captain Scarlet it must be easier to deal with The Mysterons than the foibles of Microsoft Server.

Looks like @helensaramay is having more luck with Unix based systems than I am so I will have a full blown caffeine full coffee later to celebrate your success :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    Loving my mate Mike (at the moment!)....90% in target yesterday, spoilt a bit by 2 hypos in the night which I have now adjusted my basal for as it they have happened on 2 consecutive nights.

@Knikki Dub - My all time favorite is "Dub Side of the Moon" by Easy Star All Stars top album. Max Romeo & The Upsetters p War Ina Babylon (I grew up on that album lol. A few artists to look out for are Roots Manuva, Asian Dub Foundation (Had an amazing white label album of theirs which my ex wife sold....GRRRRR) and Lee "Scratch" Perry to name a few :)

ORRRRR a Rum laden malt loaf hmmmm :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #11388 porl69, Feb 11, 2019 at 9:20 AM
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  9. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Happy and glorious morning to you all......What? it's Monday morning........

Breakfast cereal is always 60g of carbs, inject for that then what ever's in the cupboard, nutrition label checked, weighed out to be 60g of carbs and bobs you're uncle my graphs are ALWAYS as smooth as a babies bottom :hilarious: :eek:

Had a busy weekend re-doing or rather starting to re-do the en-suite, the basin came out the other day, toilet and associated wall frame and saniflo removed this weekend, and heater and dehumidifier been going all weekend - not that I made it wet, we've had numerous little leaks oh and one big one when the wife switched the saniflo off and managed to get the toilet flush stuck open.........The toilet installation was in accordance to its usage. I'll say no more and give the moderators a break.

But BGs have been good all weekend, medtrum sensor started playing up last night, reported I was 18(!) when BG was 10, and even calibrating it back down the graph soon headed back up and it finally gave up the ghost this morning. Now have a libre on with some new barrier spray, fingers crossed this works.

• Like Like x 3
  10. James_Donnelly

James_Donnelly · Well-Known Member

Got my Hb1ac back today. I'm 37 !!

Happy with that. 4 and a half years after diagnosis so I'm really pleased with it. Down from 52 from my previous bloods 7 months or so ago.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  11. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Question from an uninitiated non pump user:

When changing the basal for the above do you change the time slot prior to the hypo event and if so 10mins, 30mins, a n hour or 2 before the event? how do you work that out?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. porl69

I have gone for 1.5 hours before I am getting the low...will see how that works out for me

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

@porl69 Thanks for the music heads up, funny had heard of most of them just not associated them with dub :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. porl69

2 brilliant albums BUT I would class Propellerhead as more of a House album? And Underworlds album is just weird lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Afternoon guys, hope you're all ready for the week. Woke on 6.5, bedtime 6.8 :happy: My son was meant to be popping round this morning, but last week he had another seizure and this time a GP is making sure he get's all the right tests done, so he is feeling a bit tried and drained, he did say 'what will be, will be', but I know, deep down he is really anxious. My mum had epilepsy and his paternal granddad and his uncle, both had brain tumour's, uncle survived. But I am keeping an open mind and crossing my finger's.
    Bought some tomato seeds on Friday, so going to plant them in small flower pots this afternoon, I love home grown Toms :):hungry:

• Hug Hug x 7
  17. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

Lots of groups tend to move across various styles, Dub I think was more a very bass heavy reggae, originally and certainly listening to Mungo's Hifi would match that.

Propellerhead sounds Drum & Bass which seems to get very fast depending on the track, rather fun to listen to.
    Underworld has been around for a while, first came across them on Anne Nightingale show a few years ago but they seme to jump across many kinds of styles but for the most part Dance music.

Well that's my take on it and I like both of them as I have a fairly wide like when it come to music :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Afternoon all, rubbish start to the day here. 5.2 when I woke up, 5.9 with a hrizontal arrow when I bolused for breakfast, two hours later 15.1 - ***? I have no idea. Big (for me) correction, down to a respectable 6.2 before lunch. Sometimes it really is just the socks you put on...

• Hug Hug x 4
  19. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Had a good night out Saturday and just slobbed all day yesterday and for most of today

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Greetings my pancreatically challenged chums, hope you are all having a good day. After my horrendous BG of last week whilst on holiday abroad, all things back to normal now with a figure of 80 % of time in target, something I dont think I have ever achieved before. Maybe goes to prove all of my worries last week and high BG are simply because of my overactive mind and worry about going hypo abroad

Anyhoo, not sure if you may have seen this article which was on main Diabetes UK page. My wife who is type 2 was taking Metformin for years and she was having issues with it. About 3 years ago she was prescribed Forxiga and what a difference. Her HBa1C improved dramatically, she has lost about 20% of her body weight despite eating much more. She feels so much better for it

Could this tablet also be another useful tool for type 1 if it gets approval from NICE for type 1's. It has been approved by EMA

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/201...use-in-treating-type-1-diabetes-94839813.html

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook