Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all! Was at BFF’s all morning putting the world to rights, and now I’m going to attempt to remove the go faster stripes made from white insulating tape from HideousSmallDiesel. What kind of monster does that? :mad:

@Jaylee - it’s a 1.5 so it does actually really shift, as it only weighs about half an ounce.

Out on CFR call late afternoon :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Afternoon all! Was at BFF’s all morning putting the world to rights, and now I’m going to attempt to remove the go faster stripes made from white insulating tape from HideousSmallDiesel. What kind of monster does that? :mad:

@Jaylee - it’s a 1.5 so it does actually really shift, as it only weighs about half an ounce.

It looks cuddly, Mel, and will look proper huggable without the stripes.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Possibly add more stripes to give it that Roger Hargreaves vibe? :cool:

mr-bump.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
View attachment 31464
Just framed latest cross stitch picture.....bright and sunny here so think some gardening is required once I have caught up on housework....then relaxing later and deciding on next project....
...hope everyone has a good day whatever you are doing....:)

Well done Molly, it's great, you are so good at cross stitch :)

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, it's another lovely day outside. I had an hours walk yesterday morning, but ended up with a low, which is so annoying and frustrating. Going out for another walk again this morning, so I will just take 1/2 unit of insulin, even though I am 10.4 (before bed 7.6 ) and see how that goes. ps I saw so many lemon coloured butterflies yesterday :happy:
Happy Sunday guys:)
View attachment 31463

Did my walk and it was lovely too. Came back and tested @ 9.8 ! so I should of taken 1 unit, oh the trials and tribulations of type 1 :rolleyes:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been away for a few days and unfortunately was rather naughty with bloods, need to get back on track

Cumbs Loving the dog looks gorgeous
Mel dCP I used to have a Micra model before that one and it was a great wee car, had it 7 years
Cranberry, congrats
Becca, if only it was food and insulin. I usually put it down to me wearing pink polka dot boxers when my BG go unpredicatble
Capt Slog, welcome to a wonderful forum with some excellent knowledgeable people. What these guys dont know about diabetes aint worth knowing
Karen fingers crossed for you
And to everyone else, hope you have all been behaving

Pump clinic for me on Wednesday and not sure if I am, nervous, excited , worried or a combination of all 3

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening! Just got back after a good CFR shift, still got a
100% survival rate :smug: Vegan bolognese and roasted broccoli just about ready to stuff my face with. And maybe a splosh of red wine.

Micra is growing on me. Rather like a fungus. Husbeast has the model before mine, and he loves it. It’s just a bit “bean can” like for my taste, but mine is much more comfortable. I didn’t take the stripes off today, as I was delayed putting a curtain rail up that proved to be trickier than anticipated.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

I've got over my massive narks of the weekend (Scotland lost, Scientific Theory that church raises my blood sugars more than supporting Scotland continues to be conclusively proved, half term went by too fast...) and resigned to a hectic week ahead, ready or not.

Deep breath and off we go... I've got training (waste of time, I could do it better kind of training) a massive pile of student work to sort and track, blood sugars to tame again and a Big Think to have.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all.
Dentist today, I hate the thought of going there, being there but love leaving except for the amount they charge
Hope your day is pain-free

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Monday fellow pricklers, I hope you all have a great start to the week :) Awoke on a huge spike :wideyed::arghh: but I'm not going to let it spoil my day.............. as it's my birthday, it has come around so quickly. My darling daughter is taking me e out today, probably Winchester, for a birthday lunch and I'm so looking forward to it, plus it looks like another beautiful day outside :happy:
Take care x

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good Monday fellow pricklers, I hope you all have a great start to the week :) Awoke on a huge spike :wideyed::arghh: but I'm not going to let it spoil my day.............. as it's my birthday, it has come around so quickly. My darling daughter is taking me e out today, probably Winchester, for a birthday lunch and I'm so looking forward to it, plus it looks like another beautiful day outside :happy:
Take care x

Happy Birthday Robin, enjoy Winchester in the sunshine. The river walks are good - take some food for the ducks? Have a great day

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Take care x
@Robinredbreast .....wishing you a very happy birthday from us both.....hope you have a great day:)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Take care x
have a fabulous birthday robinredbreast enjoy your day xx

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning all, had best mate round for Sunday lunch yesterday, did roast port - his daughters favourite (apparently it was better than grannys!) and their new dog (a retired Springer gun/field dog - top notch blood line for a gun dog apparently). We went for a good long walk post dinner, so we just get out in the fields and let the dogs off the lead, mine starts to bounce and bark wanting to play with her and she just looks at him as though to say '*** are you doing?!' - I guess she will get use to 'civilian' life.

BG been good, 4.4 this morning :D