Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and wishing you all Happy Wednesday. BS is still all over the place at the mo, another high this morning :( I am out for at 4 hours today and daughter has lent me her Fitbit for the day and I'm looking forward to the results later on :) Take care

Reactions: Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Mooooooorning! Flaky sensor toward the end of its life kept waking me up with alarms for it’s idiotic readings. Went from 4.7 to 10.3 and back in two steps... “URGENT HIGH GLUCOSE!” shouts Spike at 4am :banghead:

Er, no.

Anyway. Off to see my dad today, so that should be nice and only moderately frustrating. As long as we don’t discuss religion (retired Vicar v atheist) or Brexit (Leave v Remain), we should be ok. I can stick to photography and gardening!

Hope you all have a lovely day, looks like a sunny one.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All these good people getting pumps!

Wife cooked a no-carb meal last night, BG before and at bedtime were spot on. But as expected this mornings figure was high, 10.3............thats 'hallucinogenics' for you! (had to keep the suggested spelling/word for my first attempt at spelling it in for a laugh - gluconeogenesis !) :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cumberland

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning,
Last night I had one of my rare "I have had enough of diabetes, it is someone else's turn to have a go" moments.
I am currently blaming Fiasp for not working, not working, not working, not working, not working, making me change my pump set, not working, not working, making me go to a new vial of insulin, working, feeling fine, feeling fine feeling fine, working overtime.
Or to put it another way, my day was one of >15mmol/l readings followed by pump change, insulin change, non carb dinner, no bolus and a night of massive hypos. That's the type of hypos which results in hot sweats, cold sweats and a change of bedding in the morning.
I have my annual review this afternoon. I find them horrendously judgemental ("I see you had a reading of 12.0 3 weeks ago, you know you should try to avoid these") but perhaps this one is well timed.
I am torn with Fiasp; when it works it is great but it seems to suddenly stop working which is not acceptable. But I don't want to go back to 45 minute pre-bolusing with NovoSluggish. At least, I assume the problem is with Fiasp because I didn't experience these highs as often with NovoSluggish. I was hoping the problem was time out of the fridge but the latest vial was only out of the fridge for 5 days.
Let's see what the "experts" have to say.

Apart from that I have to work out how to cancel a non-refundable flight because my managers said "book your trip and book it as cheap as possible" and then four days later said "hold on, we might not want you to travel then ... but we don't know when we do you want you traveling".

Hope y'all have a great day and enjoy the sun.
If you can change the flight, but not cancel, could you just pick a random date for the change, then if necessary change it again?

K

Knikki

I have my annual review this afternoon. I find them horrendously judgemental ("I see you had a reading of 12.0 3 weeks ago, you know you should try to avoid these") but perhaps this one is well timed.

Fortunately I have not come across this most of the time I tend to get is "you should try run higher" however last time I saw a DSN was in conjunction with the Libre trial to which the question was "your not hypoing are you?" to which my reply was "Well yes I do sometimes its just part of the fun and games of being T1, most of the time you get it right, sometimes you get it wrong"

Must admit, I would use the same quote especially if she sees that peak of 22 from the other week.

But good luck with your "check up" hope it goes well as for the fun your having with T1 at the moment I'm sorry cant add any words of wisdom other than HUG!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning friends

Had a posh meal in Italian restaurant last night and paid for it with an 11.1 this morning but hey ho the meal (and wine) was absolutely deelish

Sunny thus far shorts and T Shirt being worn (yes in February)

Have a jolly spiffing day

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi capt slog the 4 pumps are medtronic640g omnipod accucheck insight and ypso pump .i was quite pleasantly suprised with HR meeting. although the consultant said i couldnt have both the pump and the libre there are ways round it as for the job prob be the next month or so which suits me fine be nice to have a bit of time off
How different areas have different criteria! I needed to be on the Libre AND to have been using Fiasp for a while as well!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have insulin like water at the mo. I think I have a chest infection, can't get to see a GP for 3 weeks!!!! Unless I go to the surgery at 8am and queue outside till half 8 then hope I can get to see a GP in the following 3 hours (I think I need to change my surgery!) I have set a temp basal of 130% along with a lot of correction doses
I have my pump review tomorrow so will see what my DSN has to say!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning,
Last night I had one of my rare "I have had enough of diabetes, it is someone else's turn to have a go" moments.
I am currently blaming Fiasp for not working, not working, not working, not working, not working, making me change my pump set, not working, not working, making me go to a new vial of insulin, working, feeling fine, feeling fine feeling fine, working overtime.
Or to put it another way, my day was one of >15mmol/l readings followed by pump change, insulin change, non carb dinner, no bolus and a night of massive hypos. That's the type of hypos which results in hot sweats, cold sweats and a change of bedding in the morning.
I am torn with Fiasp; when it works it is great but it seems to suddenly stop working which is not acceptable. But I don't want to go back to 45 minute pre-bolusing with NovoSluggish. At least, I assume the problem is with Fiasp because I didn't experience these highs as often with NovoSluggish. I was hoping the problem was time out of the fridge but the latest vial was only out of the fridge for 5 days.
Let's see what the "experts" have to say.

Apart from that I have to work out how to cancel a non-refundable flight because my managers said "book your trip and book it as cheap as possible" and then four days later said "hold on, we might not want you to travel then ... but we don't know when we do you want you traveling".

Hope y'all have a great day and enjoy the sun.
Let me know what they say about the fiasp helen as i find im having this problem x