Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Him indoors has just suggest my new knee be called Peggy. What do you think? It should really be female, I suppose, and I like the humour.
Um, Peggy Sue .... Give Buddy Holly his dues !!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone experiencing difficulties in access the forum. Normally pages turn over really quick but for past2/3 days it is taking about 30 seconds for page to update. All of the time in bottom left corner is a small message "waiting for apis.google.com" whuich stays there even once page finally loads.

All other websites I use seem fine. I have even set my computer back to factory default settings but made no difference. This happens with Chrome but Edge is even slower

If you have issues like that, try logging out properly, as opposed to just closing the browser window, the logging back in again.

If that doesn't help, then email [email protected] and it'll be looked into.

Reactions: smc4761

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone.
Sun's up
Madam BG is down
Off to France
Happy

K

Knikki

Morning

Tech issues at the moment with Libre, Phone and Watch....ho hum other than that all fairly normal, have dropped Tresiba 1.5 units which seems to improve the morning so not having to shove half a bag of jelly babies in me gob before I go out.

Reactions: hh1 and porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and Happy Shrove Tuesday pricklers, I may make some GF pancakes later on..................
Glorious sunshine and blue skies here................. for the moment, I walked backed home yesterday, early afternoon, the skies opened up and I was bombarded with hailstones, don't you just love our British weather lolo_O:D

Reactions: Cumberland and hh1

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Good "middle of the night"
Today is a "proper work day" with no time for lunchtime ambles just a day with a customer pretending I have a clue what I am talking about.
I have a temp basal on in preparation.

Enjoy your days
Perhaps join Actors' Equity !!

Reactions: Kim Possible

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
good morning...really good morning....its pancake day :) lots of insulin required for tonight possibly do a set change as I get in from work :)

Reactions: Cumberland and hh1

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, not a cloud to be seen on this mornings dog walk, glorious but a bit cold first thing, as Sue said suns up and BGs down but in a good way, 4.2 last night 4.8 this morning, if only every night was like that - not having a CGM on does have it's good points! :hilarious:

Pancakes later :nailbiting:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good sunny bright morning everyone .
Pancakes! They have to be with lemon juice and sweetner, truvia etc. Maple syrup, golden syrup, Nutella, cheese etc are just yuk in comparison.
Him indoors came home with a lemon yesterday but he’s never made pancakes before so I’m not sure if we’ll be having them or not. I’ve been told I mustn’t cook, wash up, iron, carry heavy stuff, etc etc for a few weeks but maybe a little light batter mixing?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just had a message off the misses, her daughter is pregnant and has been told that she has to have a test for gestational diabetes next week. Fingers crossed it will come back negative

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have done something I have wanted to do for a while now............. I have ordered a DNA kit to find out my heritage and I can't wait till it arrives.
Having Scottish parents, there maybe Nordic or even Irish blood, who knows what it will be, but I would love to have some Caribbean blood in me :happy: love a bit of Soul, Reggae and Ska :happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just had a message off the misses, her daughter is pregnant and has been told that she has to have a test for gestational diabetes next week. Fingers crossed it will come back negative

Hi, my daughter had gestational diabetes last year, she had a meter and had to test but no medication and when baby Cleo was born, it went away as did her intolerance to gluten :)
Fingers crossed.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings fellow teabags and colanders, hope you have all had a good day.

Well first few hours on the pump and BG have been up and down like mad. Had a 4 hour training session today and was quite surprised at the reductions in my insulin doses. Previously my Basal was 18 units in morning and 26 units at bedtime. 44 units in total. Now taking a total Basal of 25 units. Thats a reduction of almost 50%. In addition my carb ratio has went from 1:4 in morning and 1:5 at other times to a new rate of 1:8.

I was expecting really high BG as a result of these but all I have done is bounce up and down all afternoon. Dropping from 9.6 to 5.1 in an hour, then dropped again to 4.7. Took some carbs on board 10g checked again 30 minutes later and down to 3.7. More carbs on board 20 g got up to 6.9. Had dinner at 6.9 BG and took 2.5 units to cover 20 g of carbs and dropped to 5.1 within 20 minutes

This is gonna take some time to get my rates correct, I think

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi Wispa! (@Cumberland )

@porl69 with luck she won’t have it, but if she does you can steal all her carbs and keep her in line, Taid/Tadcu knows best...

Reactions: Cumberland