Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Night night all, sleep well.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I have done something I have wanted to do for a while now............. I have ordered a DNA kit to find out my heritage and I can't wait till it arrives.
Having Scottish parents, there maybe Nordic or even Irish blood, who knows what it will be, but I would love to have some Caribbean blood in me :happy: love a bit of Soul, Reggae and Ska :happy:
IMG_3096 (1).jpg

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not been a good first 10 hours on pump at all. Constantly dropping quickly to below 4 . Eat a small amount of carbs to bring it up then drops back again. Considering I have had about a 50% drop in my Basal rate on MDI, thought it would have had the opposite affect. Will set alarm for overnight tests and hope BG behave themselves

Night night all

Reactions: Cumberland and db89

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Thanks for edit moderator

Baffled me at first but the pic does show name tag and my phone number on it so thanks for edit

Reactions: Clivethedrive

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! New hall stairs and landing carpet today. Also bathroom and downstairs loo hard boarded and cushion foamed. It is pouring down here, oh joy!
@Cumberland didn’t catch up last night, so missed introduction to Wispa ☹️ now not available!
After 3 days of annoyingly higher levels, things now seem back on track. Only thing I did different was brush my hair before shower instead of after it

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for edit moderator

Baffled me at first but the pic does show name tag and my phone number on it so thanks for edit
Hi Cumberland,

It's a large file to upload back into your post. (For some reason?)
but i've been playing around with the hound image, just to edit out your personal info on the dog tag & hopfully resize to post here for you.

It is a lovely picture & a fine dog, glad you decided to give this pup a home.. :)

image.jpeg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Cumberland,

but i've been playing around with the hound image, just to edit out your personal info on the dog tag & hopfully resize to post here for you.

It is a lovely picture & a fine dog, glad you decided to give this pup a home.. :)

View attachment 31677

@Cumberland what a real cutie pie, those eyes, her little nose aawwww, hello Wispa :)

Well edited @Jaylee

Last edited:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not been a good first 10 hours on pump at all. Constantly dropping quickly to below 4 . Eat a small amount of carbs to bring it up then drops back again. Considering I have had about a 50% drop in my Basal rate on MDI, thought it would have had the opposite affect. Will set alarm for overnight tests and hope BG behave themselves

Night night all
Morning my pancreatically challenged chums hope you all had a good night

Well after yesterdays adventures of day 1 on pump with the constant drops I went to bed with lots of trepidation.

But I need not have worried this pump lark is easy:angelic::angelic::angelic:. Went to bed on a BG of 4.1 took 20 g of carbs though to be safe. Think I woke up every hour on the hour and tested. A slight rise to 6.9 at one point but mostly around BG of 5. Did wake at 5pm with a drop to 4.0 and diagonal going down on Libre so couple of jelly beans and woke at 7.30 to a 5.5 Perfect.

Off for my diabetic eye screening at 9 am so hope you all have a lovely day.

PS love Wispa Cumbs, the dog, oooh and the chocolate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, weather is ............... not sunny ! Food shopping this morning, then @3.30pm this afternoon, diabetes appointment at hospital, I was going to walk there, but I may take the bus if the weather is still wet !

Reactions: kitedoc
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning my pancreatically challenged chums hope you all had a good night

Well after yesterdays adventures of day 1 on pump with the constant drops I went to bed with lots of trepidation.

But I need not have worried this pump lark is easy:angelic::angelic::angelic:. Went to bed on a BG of 4.1 took 20 g of carbs though to be safe. Think I woke up every hour on the hour and tested. A slight rise to 6.9 at one point but mostly around BG of 5. Did wake at 5pm with a drop to 4.0 and diagonal going down on Libre so couple of jelly beans and woke at 7.30 to a 5.5 Perfect.

Off for my diabetic eye screening at 9 am so hope you all have a lovely day.

PS love Wispa Cumbs, the dog, oooh and the chocolate

Good luck today with your diabetic eye screening, hope it goes well.

Reactions: kitedoc

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, and good morning Wispa, anyone who doesn't melt into those eyes is a callous heartless so and so. Thanks Jaylee for editing the pic so we can all see sweet little Wispa and keep Cumberland safe - mind you with those socks.................

So who went full beans/bananas(!) with the pancakes yesterday? :rolleyes: 9.0 before diner,6.9 1.5hrs later, 8.2 before bed, 12.2 at 3am (corrected), 6.0 this morning, having had sausage, egg and chips, 3.5 pancakes (lemon&sugar, honey, maple syrup and nutella versions), and a couple of pints too I can live with those numbers.

Wishing all those newly pumped a smooth day.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi Cumberland,

View attachment 31677

@Jaylee
Thank you very much for your intervention it’s much appreciated

Wispa sends you her best wishes

Reactions: Fairygodmother