Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

@Knikki . Lindt 70% cocoa is not low carb no matter how much you kid yourself it is.;);)

But it is and I'll prove it:

Take the square root of 'this'
Divide it by 'that'
Multiple it by 'purple over multiverse'
Divide that by the amount of 'o' in chocolate
And you get the answer of "no carbs"

See scientifically proven. ;):hilarious:

Reactions: Cumberland

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy birthday @Knikki !

I'm kind of relieved I did a "Get on the first bus, no matter where it's going, to recover from a hypo" on the way home, so I did the shopping whilst I'd ended up in the better shopping place once I'd come back up again.

The shopping is done for the weekend, which pleases me, but the fact there is a dead rat on my front garden does not! I'm so glad I didn't see it earlier in the hypo recovery process.

Now pondering which of my lovely non-rodent-phobic neighbours would be so kind as to deal with the deceased beastie on my behalf.... but it's raining too much to venture out again just now! There's always the chance if I just leave it, one of them will notice and deal with it for me. Or a passing beastie of another variety might do so.

Last edited:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But it is and I'll prove it:

Take the square root of 'this'
Divide it by 'that'
Multiple it by 'purple over multiverse'
Divide that by the amount of 'o' in chocolate
And you get the answer of "no carbs"

See scientifically proven. ;):hilarious:
****, **** and ****. All these years I’ve been subtracting the ‘ o’ in chocolate. It’s no wonder I’m a complete and absolute low carb failure.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Blimey, I’ve missed a lot. I’ve been skimming the thread but haven’t had time to do much more than the occasional react!

Happy birthday @Knikki :)
Hugs @Robinredbreast

And lovely thoughts to all you others xxx
Hi @Mel dCP,
If nobody tells the rest of the country about this, maybe the Welsh will not have to pay back rent!!:):):)
IMG_4676.jpg

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all.

Yes up a little late because not in work for a couple of days.

So what do you buy a T1D for his birthday?

Graphic novel? check
Playstation live renew? check
Some booze and chocolate?

9hj4w7.jpg

And yes the Creme Liquor is in the fridge :) :happy::hilarious:

Happy Friday everyone.
Happy birthday knikki hope youve had a good one

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all... it's looking good for a long walk so I'm off any minute now! Got to be early to do my favourite start to Saturday walk in peace to be avoiding all the Saturday horses, recreational cyclists and amateur amblers through the country park on a nice day! These being the people who, in my general experience, assume everyone will happily move out of their way or wait ages and not mind their out of control dogs/dog leads/off-spring/groups spread across the path etc. The early morning determined regulars are more likely to keep moving, avoid each other, make space for each other, and keep control over dogs.

A cautious glance at the garden, from the safety of my front room, has me thinking someone or some beastie has dealt with the dead creature. Or I was having a delayed hypo hallucination as I returned home last night! I will report back later. Nice and stable overnight and this morning as well, so here's hoping no unscheduled breaks either.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all... it's looking good for a long walk so I'm off any minute now! Got to be early to do my favourite start to Saturday walk in peace to be avoiding all the Saturday horses, recreational cyclists and amateur amblers through the country park on a nice day! These being the people who, in my general experience, assume everyone will happily move out of their way or wait ages and not mind their out of control dogs/dog leads/off-spring/groups spread across the path etc. The early morning determined regulars are more likely to keep moving, avoid each other, make space for each other, and keep control over dogs.

A cautious glance at the garden, from the safety of my front room, has me thinking someone or some beastie has dealt with the dead creature. Or I was having a delayed hypo hallucination as I returned home last night! I will report back later. Nice and stable overnight and this morning as well, so here's hoping no unscheduled breaks either.
Enjoy your walk and lets hope its a peaceful one

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, work went well yesterday,plus I chatted with 2 customer's with type 1 diabetes, both male, diagnosed 15 and 20 years ago,one at age 55. it was great chatting about the up's and downs of type 1.
Wifi, arrggghhh, for the second time running I could not connect to Sainsbury's wifi, it stated 'not in range' !. So the young lad who was working on another product let me use his wifi as a hotspot so I could at least check out of store on my mobile, as we have to check in and out. I have no idea why I can't and the wifi was on, so I did all the checks I could think of, but I'm flummoxed :rolleyes:
Washing on, stripped my bed this morning, off out to do some food shopping soon, but will go for a nice walk first.
Happy Saturday and enjoy whatever you do :)

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Press and hold the xDrip+ blood drop icon at the top of the screen and a sub-menu pops up where you can switch that and a few other options off and on.

View attachment 31607
OMG! Thank you so much Scott. I had no idea that menu was there. Wonder why they hid it instead of putting it with the other stuff in the main menu?
Thanks again.