Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Happy belated birthday @Knikki, I hope you had a good time.
Birthday cake.jpeg

K

Knikki

Ho hum, wondering in, you also hypo at lunch tie makes order food "interesting" however not injecting till about an hour later when bloods hit 6 seems to have sorted it out.

Never mind.

And again thank you all for the birthday wishes ❤

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sounds fascinating, I hope you really enjoy it and you can tell us all ( in simple layman's terms lol) about it.
That's a Monday isn't it and I'm working then, but I will be thinking of you.
Good ole Scotland <3

The London ones ended up as videos on the internet, I reckon this one probably will too.

It's on a Saturday starting at 9:15 am. I am so not a morning person - normally in my kip till about afternoon on a Saturday, so this is going to be a major challenge - how ironic would it be if I ended up blaming a T1 tech event aimed at steadying levels for completely throwing out my levels!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Not a good post but Monday night had an extremely low blood sugar and ambulance had to be called, was in hospital till Friday, don't remember very much of it. Arms are very bruised and still feeling weak but glad to be out!

Bless you sweetie
A horrible week for you
Sending gentle hugs

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Talking of Good Ole Scotland, I have been cheering for you against Wales. I am not sure their play is good for my BG ... so close but couldn't finish

The rugby here in Edinburgh has been murder, polis!

I pre-bolused 7u in my house ahead of going up to my usual full fried brunch venue, only to find it full of f'ing rugby fans eating stuff before heading off to Murrayfield, was told I'd have to wait 45 mins for a seat, not a great idea with 7u on board, the alternative brunch venue had not only stopped doing brunch by the time I got there but was also full of f'ing rugby fans, so I'm about 20 mins into novo onset by then, put plan B into action to avoid just picking up some BLT sandwiches and an apple juice from Tesco, and headed off to a Chinese buffet, which, fortunately, had no f'ing rugby fans in it.

Pre-bolusing is great but maybe not so much when there's a major rugby match on.

DAFNE should have a module called, "plan B and learning how to wing it when f'ing rugby fans invade your usual venues."

As per pic below, the buffet worked out ok - who says T1s can't do Chinese buffets?

The bounce up to 9 between 3 and 5 am was a Danish Stroopwafel, those are looking like a good canditate for a post-Friday night drinking nudge up instead of cheese on toast but will have to pay more attention to iob, don't like 9s much.

Screenshot_2019-03-09-18-49-29.png

Last edited:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good evening all. Sent home from work Friday being sick and coughing loads. Spent all afternoon in bed feeling terrible. Been a lot better today but BGs have taken a hammering

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Deceased Beastie had just been moved across the garden and hidden in one of the longer clumps of grass, I discovered. I'll have to go and cajole a very lovely neighbour to move it for me tomorrow.

A most glorious walk today - on all fronts. Feet protesting ever so slightly right now, which I think they are entitled to do after more than 50,000 steps, including three hours worth of small errands in the City Centre. (Loads of small items purchased which I'd been putting off doing as I hate shopping when the shops are busy.) Blood sugars behaved beautifully all day and been excellent every time I've tested.

Can't decide if I want to watch Scotland v. Wales Rugby now or not!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Talking of Good Ole Scotland, I have been cheering for you against Wales. I am not sure their play is good for my BG ... so close but couldn't finish

I've never been sure Scottish Rugby is good for either my blood pressure, or my blood sugars, or my sanity!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Deceased Beastie had just been moved across the garden and hidden in one of the longer clumps of grass, I discovered. I'll have to go and cajole a very lovely neighbour to move it for me tomorrow.

A most glorious walk today - on all fronts. Feet protesting ever so slightly right now, which I think they are entitled to do after more than 50,000 steps, including three hours worth of small errands in the City Centre. (Loads of small items purchased which I'd been putting off doing as I hate shopping when the shops are busy.) Blood sugars behaved beautifully all day and been excellent every time I've tested.

Can't decide if I want to watch Scotland v. Wales Rugby now or not!

Whilst out on my walk this morning I came across a dead rat in a small wooded area, fresh puncture mark to the neck, so I moved it with my boot, into longer crass out of the way.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have come back from a great evening out, a meal for two at a lovely pub, with an old mill still inside with a river outside. and quacking ducks in the dark too. Great company and we will see each other again :happy:
Lovely food, and for my sins I ordered......... a gluten free sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce with a scoop of ice cream.......... it was delish :joyful::hungry::happy: :hungry: will probably pay dearly for it in the morning :oops: never mind, loved it all :)

Goodnight all and sleep tight zzzzzzz

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst out on my walk this morning I came across a dead rat in a small wooded area, fresh puncture mark to the neck, so I moved it with my boot, into longer crass out of the way.

"Longer crass?" How long does that last.. did you mean an act of dignitas for the remaining carcass?
Or an "elastoplast" to clear the path... ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning and awoke on 7.5. 12. 2 before bed, so I took a correction of 1 1/2 units and happy with that, so feeling goooooood today :happy:.

Sunny and still very blustery here, wishing you all a Happy Sunday :)