Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I've got an image hosting site, and can see the various choices of links to embed, and I know what to do once I've selected the link. I've even got an image resizer on my lappie so I can upload the right size image.

What I don't know is if I should select html or bbcode, and which of the various options presented for each type of code? And what size is the limit? Anyone?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Porl

I was 59.6 on one of my admissions I was conscious and walked into A&E they got me fixed on to a drip and I was admitted to a ward within half an hour

The staff were surprised that I was still on my feet all I remember is having the most head crushing headache and so thirsty I could have drank Windermere

Was in for 5 days

Not something I want to be repeated

Crikey! That's all I can think of to say except something that will get me modded straightaway :happy:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Tutti when she was a tiny, and Dizzy wondering what on earth it is!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Looks amazing and a little more exotic than the flooded flood plains around Oxfordshire I looked down upon when celebrating my 40th ... with a man strapped to my back.

WOW...I am unsure if I would be able to do that.....but then again I didn't think I would have jumped off a big mountain attached to a parachute!!!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
As jumping out of planes and cliffs looks fun the question is Why jump out of a perfectible serviceable airplane when it is not on fire? ;) :)
Cos you can lol....I think the worst bit would be the shuffle upto the door and the jump out

Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Because you can, it's fun and exhilarating.
I was as nervous as a very nervous thing in the plane (including standing in the plane door). There is a video of me saying something that I cannot repeat on this forum.
Then we jumped, it was amazing and felt no where near as fast or vertical as I had imagined.
Once the parachute opened, after some skydiving, it was very peaceful and I was able to admire the view.

My dear dad was a paratrooper in WW11 and when he told his mum, my gran Lily, she said 'So, your going to get yourself killed then' thankfully he wasn't and lived to 94 <3, unfortunately I am not a lover of heights, so I'm with @Knikki on this one.

My daughter and I went to Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth a few years ago and at the top of the tower, big windows to look out of and a glass bottom floor, it's not massive, but I couldn't walk across it, until my daughter held my hand, looking down hundreds of feet turned my stomach, I am such a wuss regarding heights :nailbiting:.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I was as nervous as a very nervous thing in the plane (including standing in the plane door). There is a video of me saying something that I cannot repeat on this forum.
Then we jumped, it was amazing and felt no where near as fast or vertical as I had imagined.
Once the parachute opened, after some skydiving, it was very peaceful and I was able to admire the view.

Helen, I wanted to click on one of the emoji's but I can't find the appropriate one for the post lol :oops:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well, if we’re playing the numbers game, my record was 66.4mmol when admitted to intensive care in 2012 after I missed some Lantus due to having flu. I have the hospital’s record for highest bg in a patient who has survived. Most disappointed that I didn’t get a trophy.

Day was utterly pants, behaviour beyond appalling. Some have documented issues but most of them are just badly behaved. Zero respect for any adult, I’m past shock now and into resignation. Very nearly had an “f this” moment and walked out but managed to keep it together. Actual fighting broke out in one lesson. Other teachers are reporting the same, so at least I know it’s not just me.

On the plus side, sugars have been great so the impending lurgy has appeared to have pended off.

I like heights, fwiw.

And now I’m going to eat cheese.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Mel dCP Personally I'd want a massive bottle of wine and a huge bar of chocolate, a bubble bath and slow music on the player ....

K

Knikki

@helensaramay the paper it refers to is behind a pay wall and even doing the old Google I can only find the abstract.

Seems they used Bluetooth pens to monitor the timings and the amount of insulin the group injected of which there was three groups. Effectively what it's saying is , I think with the help of Mrs Knikki, is if you don't follow a regime, of correct insulin dose plus the correct time of injection then you will have poor glycemic control.

Bit of a none brainier.

But without reading the whole paper it is tricky to fully digest the info :)

I'll see if I can hold of it but no guarantees

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I used to parachute when I was a student. Best feeling ever when you are in total silence floating.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That study would love those of us that don’t eat carbs at regular times, then... I last did a bolus at 0427 this morning :D

Mmmmm. Worms.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to do that. The parachute was rubbish and my brother wasn’t happy.
You were actually supposed to attach the Action Man to the parachute and not your brother.:):):)
Being thrown out of the bedroom window with nothing more than a sandwich bag would make most brothers unhappy. :):):)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Morning guys.

Hope those who were meant to be sleeping had a good night'z zizz, and those who were at work had a good one.

I woke up to a joyful 4.8 Let's see how far up stress manages to push it today. Happy thought for my day - I'm off tomorrow for no particular reason except that last Monday I knew I really wanted a three day weekend if no-one else had booked the day. They hadn't, so I leapt in.

Have a good day all - stay well, stay safe!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning teabags hope you all had a good night.

Pump still playing silly beggars with BG mainly between 7 am and 11 am, the rest of the time the BG are fairly steady. I have adjusted settings for morning but obviously still not enough.

Hope you all have a lovely stressless day

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, rubbish start to the day; hypo yesterday evening, thought everything had pretty much stabilised before bed but no - woke on 15.1. Just kind of resent starts like that; feels like I'm chasing my tail beefore the day's started. At least I don't have to face a class full of (fill in your own blank) teenagers like Mel does!

Hope the rest of you are off to a much better start, have a good day all.