Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Night all. Biology teacher tomorrow. Had a lovely morning with the hilariously filthy old ladies, was quite the tonic. Teaching 12 year olds about drug dealing tomorrow, I think a few of them have it in mind as a future career...
Glad to hear you had a day off, hope Friday passes quickly and quietly....
My day improved, got to a steady 6 ish late morning and stayed there until now when - 3 1/2 hours after a pretty low carb dinner - have risen very stutteringly, which I don't understand, to 11.4. Maybe it was lusting after the desserts on Masterchef. Nothing for it but a correction and bed. Night all.

Reactions: Cumberland

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Hoping my fortnightly quiet Friday is actually that today and all the noisy ones make it to work placement - I could do with (most of) a day chained to the computer inputting data before our immediate line manager has a meltdown in his quiet, gentle way... we did wash his car for him this week as penance for our administrative sins (Plus, I needed to keep three students occupied in an active way.). As I'm finally not being three people this end of the week, it may yet happen.

To be fair, it's not all our administrative sins, it goes much further back up the food chain this year and some was outside our control. What's been in our control is pretty much that, under control!

Unlike my blood sugars overnight - I had a bit of a half-asleep injecting mishap and couldn't be sure how much basal actually made it into me. I woke up slightly higher than current usual, but it would've been much worse if I'd not tested through the night and done two small correction doses.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all! Feeling quite jolly and optimistic today, but I’m sure that won’t last for long ;)

Two Biology lessons, some PSE about drug dealing and a couple of roulette cover lessons, then a bottle of wine with my name on. Roll on 3pm. Bloods steady overnight, has the usual 3am alarm, so think I’ll teeak my basal and see what happens.

Have a good one, teabags!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whoop! Holidays here I come. Woke on a 4.6 with a lovely straight all night line. Life is good!
Have an enjoyable Friday all, and a relaxing free of blood sugar drama weekend.

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all. Off for a 5k with Elmo, then appt at the bank to switch accounts, followed by a mooch around the local farmers market and a picnic with the youngest on the beach. Then a quick return to pick up the eldest from school, before we all go for the weekly grocery shop.

BG finally returned to normal after this week's illness. 4.5 now. I hope all yours remain under control and that Friday smiles on you in lots of other ways too.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Wahey!! Three day weekend :happy::happy::happy::happy:

Ain't life great? Woke up on 5.0 which was downright amazing considering I was up and down like a yo-yo yesterday. One minute I was high enough to be very sleepy - quick (very small!) correction dose and then down low enough for me to be on the verge of OMG! There is no accounting for it all whatsoever, which is not a phrase I like at all. (I'm a book-keeper!!)

I like the sound of the filthy old ladies! They sound like enormous fun :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up at 7.1 and no overnight dramas, so last night's correction wasn't bad. Looking forad to a day of getting some things done that need to be got out of the way and have been getting on my nerves, so hoping to feel as if I've achieved something by the end of the day. Have a good one yourselves whether you're off on holiday, dealing with teenage horrors, getting up to date yourself, having a day off or looking forward to the end of Friday and the start of the weekend.

K

Knikki

Ok to bring the Friday feeling down HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! (was going to put this in the main forum but please do not lecture me on low carb)

OK last three days has been BAD.

To give you an example, taking MySugr, which I know is not a definitive but give you an idea, usually my HB1Ac on that for the last 2-3 moths has been around the 35 mark...………..this morning it is 42,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and that is just the last three days.

I have eaten the same breakfast for a while, well in fact decades, and if I am say running at 9 and eat the usual amount than that's 9 - 11 units which normally drops me down to around the 4-6 mark which then rises.

Today I'm 11 eat 80g carb in goes 15 units, an hour later 14 in goes another 10 units less than an hour later I'm at 16.5 going up so in goes another 5 units.

I cant ever remember do something like that, its just not NORMAL FOR ME (on a side note at least it has stopped going up).

~sigh~ So question is has any of the collective on here had a time when the insulin appears to have failed?

I cant work out if its the Tresiba or Apidra. I have changed carts but I think I am getting a brand new set tonight so will change everything again.

If its the Tresiba that's gone bang then its going to take at least a week to sort out which means running high numbers (which I HATE) if its the Apidra then it will only take 24-48 hours to sort ~sigh~

My normal happy self is not today.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Could you be coming down with something? Under more stress than usual?

Don't care how many carbs you eat - that's entirely up to you, and we're supposed to be able to dose for whatever we eat! (In practice I find that not to be totally right for my diabetes but I ain't gonna lecture you - why would I?)

If it was me I'd be chasing down with correctives but then looking at timing of the highs to work out if it's basal or bolus that might need adjusting. Before tweaking my basal I'd likely wait a day or two to see if I broke out in some filthy disease, or if the new pattern continued. If it did, I'd do the basal testing thing.

But I don't know what pumpers do - I'm sorry...

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki . Have you considered changing your diet, cut down on the carbs maybe? SORRY only jesting.:):):).
I’m on MDI and at this very moment I’m struggling with my Novorapid.
4th vial in box, first 3 fine, this one blood e useless. It seems to be taking 2 hrs plus before it decides to do anything, obviously that makes for quite a long pre bolus.:). Strange thing is if after 2 or 3 hrs I inject just 1 single unit as a correction dose all hell breaks loose. It’s like Action Man without his parachute ( see previous posts ).
It feels as if the solitary unit strolls in kicks the previous 10 units up the rse and says “ wakey wakey , you’ve got a job to do “
All very frustrating but all very type 1 I guess.
Hope things settle down for you soon.
Of course you could try LCH........ no maybe not :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki how many carbs??!!!! I find if I eat zero carbs I have much better control...........:hilarious::sorry:

I want to say have you done a basal test - your basal requirements may have changed, change of season and all that - but when you're fighting high numbers doing a basal test just sucks. I'd carry on correcting and testing. injection sites ok? no lumpy mass between the muscles and skin layer, at least try a correction in some other part of your body.

Some sort of bug/infection as already mentioned and 101 other things............have you changed your socks recently?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I know this sounds absolutely daft but is the weather hotter than it has been where you are? That always affects my insulin needs.

K

Knikki

@slip and @therower :shifty::shifty: You know you can off people you know....Pht! low carb.:p

@WuTwo No not on a pump, which in this case I am kind of glad of.

As for your questions.

Basel testing. Never done it, however the problem with Tresiba is it takes, for me, at least 3 - 5 days for any change to take effect. I did drop the amount by one unit before this little problem arose, have pushed it back up but it will take time to work its way in. Again if I have got another batch on the script I am picking up later then I'm binning the stuff I have starting a new lot.

Stress, Illness: Fair call but I don't think I am going down with anything and again when getting a cold the sugars do not go this scatty :bigtears: as for Stress, maybe, but even when I got married last year everything stayed on a level base, even when eating the wedding cake.:joyful:

Weather? Yes it can affect, like most of us but not to such a huge extent that I am seeing at the moment, I mean I am shoving in triple or quadruple the amounts I normally inject :***:

Socks are present and correct and have been all week :pompous:

Insulin pens? they are fairly new in the overall scheme of things but certainly worth a think about.

14.8 and head down on a south east slope which not what I want, if it levels out then another correction is going in.:meh:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok to bring the Friday feeling down HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! (was going to put this in the main forum but please do not lecture me on low carb)

OK last three days has been BAD.

To give you an example, taking MySugr, which I know is not a definitive but give you an idea, usually my HB1Ac on that for the last 2-3 moths has been around the 35 mark...………..this morning it is 42,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and that is just the last three days.

I have eaten the same breakfast for a while, well in fact decades, and if I am say running at 9 and eat the usual amount than that's 9 - 11 units which normally drops me down to around the 4-6 mark which then rises.

Today I'm 11 eat 80g carb in goes 15 units, an hour later 14 in goes another 10 units less than an hour later I'm at 16.5 going up so in goes another 5 units.

I cant ever remember do something like that, its just not NORMAL FOR ME (on a side note at least it has stopped going up).

~sigh~ So question is has any of the collective on here had a time when the insulin appears to have failed?

I cant work out if its the Tresiba or Apidra. I have changed carts but I think I am getting a brand new set tonight so will change everything again.

If its the Tresiba that's gone bang then its going to take at least a week to sort out which means running high numbers (which I HATE) if its the Apidra then it will only take 24-48 hours to sort ~sigh~

My normal happy self is not today.
sorry to hear of your highs knikki i find that the tresiba tends to go off quite quick i only take 12u nightly but have to lash the vial after two weeks also when i was on apidra one day it just suddenly stopped being so effective so changed to fiasp which up to now has been pretty ok hope you get sorted soon xx

Reactions: therower and hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
And today is payday! I got my very first ever set of bath bombs. I have skin allergy problems and for the first time in years I can have occasional baths with nice smelly stuff (provided I smother with emollient afterwards). I usually wash with emollient cream as the "soap" but finally, and just as I reach crumbly age - proper bath bombs :joyful:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EDQCIAQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love the smell of bath bombs, but some have stained the bottom of the bath in the past. Daughter bought me an Impulse Galaxy Mars fizzer, that should send me into space :p
@slip and @therower :shifty::shifty: You know you can off people you know....Pht! low carb.:p

@WuTwo No not on a pump, which in this case I am kind of glad of.

As for your questions.

Basel testing. Never done it, however the problem with Tresiba is it takes, for me, at least 3 - 5 days for any change to take effect. I did drop the amount by one unit before this little problem arose, have pushed it back up but it will take time to work its way in. Again if I have got another batch on the script I am picking up later then I'm binning the stuff I have starting a new lot.

Stress, Illness: Fair call but I don't think I am going down with anything and again when getting a cold the sugars do not go this scatty :bigtears: as for Stress, maybe, but even when I got married last year everything stayed on a level base, even when eating the wedding cake.:joyful:

Weather? Yes it can affect, like most of us but not to such a huge extent that I am seeing at the moment, I mean I am shoving in triple or quadruple the amounts I normally inject :***:

Socks are present and correct and have been all week :pompous:

Insulin pens? they are fairly new in the overall scheme of things but certainly worth a think about.

14.8 and head down on a south east slope which not what I want, if it levels out then another correction is going in.:meh:

I think it happens to many of us and for no rhyme or reason, type 1 is BIG PANTS at times and don't forget the diabetes fairy waves her wand and bang, it's all messed up :mad:
Hope you get it sorted soon, I am going to test mine in a minutes, hoping it is behaving it's self !! :rolleyes:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
And today is payday! I got my very first ever set of bath bombs. I have skin allergy problems and for the first time in years I can have occasional baths with nice smelly stuff (provided I smother with emollient afterwards). I usually wash with emollient cream as the "soap" but finally, and just as I reach crumbly age - proper bath bombs :joyful:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EDQCIAQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Enjoy your bath bombs, my daughter bought me an Impulse Galaxy Mars Bath Fizzer, it does look like the red planet, so may be I'll be whisked off into space when I use it, but not near The Black Hole :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning friends
Sorry to see some of you not feeling chipper this morning

I awoke to a 13.1 at 7am

I felt ok and feel ok now at 9.6

Have a very good day

Seems to be a day of high's, end of the month, pay day, no Brexit, weather, sometimes just breathing seems to mess it up :rolleyes: Good to see it is going down :)