Type 1'stars R Us

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, if we’re playing the numbers game, my record was 66.4mmol when admitted to intensive care in 2012 after I missed some Lantus due to having flu. I have the hospital’s record for highest bg in a patient who has survived. Most disappointed that I didn’t get a trophy.

Day was utterly pants, behaviour beyond appalling. Some have documented issues but most of them are just badly behaved. Zero respect for any adult, I’m past shock now and into resignation. Very nearly had an “f this” moment and walked out but managed to keep it together. Actual fighting broke out in one lesson. Other teachers are reporting the same, so at least I know it’s not just me.

On the plus side, sugars have been great so the impending lurgy has appeared to have pended off.

I like heights, fwiw.

And now I’m going to eat cheese.
Wow! How did they even measure 66 mmol/l? As for the kids, I think I'd rather jump out of a plane than deal with them!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, had a few lows yesterday, but after dinner and before bed, in the 6's, then I awoke to a 10.3 :rolleyes:

Went out for a meal last night at a local carvery, went up and got my dinner, asked about the vegetable gravy is it gluten free, yes I was told, so I poured some over my dinner and walked back to table. I was then stopped and told that the vegetable gravy wasn't gluten free, so they took my plate away, I went through the process again and they said chef was making up some gluten free gravy for me and brought it to the table. Thank god someone knew that it wasn't suitable as I would of been vomiting many times, feeling like death and that screws up my readings too, they go low, but I can't eat or drink anything because it makes me sick ! I will email the Carvery with my concerns that ALL kitchen and waiting staff should be aware of potential harmful ingredients to a customer.
Happy Thursday to you all and to everyone pets too :cat::chicken: :) ( sorry no emoji for dogs, rabbits or other furry and feathery friends)

K

Knikki

HMMM not a happy bunny, either I am trying to still catch up from yesterdays morning injection miss hap, or this insulin is only working when it feels like it (new file in the other day) or I have suddenly become insulin resistant :shifty:

Running up around the 9-10+ mark at the moment and I hate it I do not want to be there :banghead: hopefully the half litre I have put in this morning will kick in sooner than later.

Tech still playing up so new sensor is on and will kick that into play tonight.

On a side note:- Nope sorry might the most wonderful thing ever but I shall kindly decline you offer to jump out of a plane with nothing more than a large pair of silk knickers to stop me hitting the ground and seeing if I can get to Australia.
As for Action Man yeah I had one of those with the Red Devils (remember them) outfit and the parachute was not bad.

Reactions: hh1 and Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I do, I have a cat and a teenager :rolleyes::D

Good morning Cumbs:)

Good morning Robs

Meeow Meeow (that’s cat for good morning to your cat)

Yo (good morning to your teen) I can still dig it with the kids lol

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@hh1 - I’m having a DAY OFF :smug:

Went to bed pretty much as soon as I got home yesterday evening, was woken for a mahoosive lump of salmon, went back to bed and have just woken up. Off to old ladies’ sewing club now. Bloods lovely and smooth, just the one high alarm at 3am when I hit 8mmol. Fixed with 1.9u, rolled over, farted and went back to sleep. Cruising the 5s now. Not sure if it was a protein spike from the salmon or if my basal needs a tweak.

Wow! How did they even measure 66 mmol/l? As for the kids, I think I'd rather jump out of a plane than deal with them!
In the lab rather than on a meter, apparently.

Have a wonderful day, friends ❤️

Reactions: karen8967 and WuTwo

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Been in a LONG line at the GPs surgery this morning to get an appt with the nurse at 10:50!!!! If it is too serious for the nurse she will get me into the Dr straight away! Will see what they say later!
Bloods were 7 before bed and 10 on waking so not too bad considering......
@Knikki Red Devils action man was my favorite (only because you could throw him out of the window(with OR without the parachute))

Reactions: hh1 and Knikki

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
And another chest infection!! Bottom part of my left lung is infected! Righ lung and top part of my left lung perfectly clear! More antibiotics

K

Knikki

Well sat here in hypo land, which in some respect, I am happy about, cant believe the amount of insulin I shoved in me earlier. Anyway things will start moving up in a bit.

@porl69 Another chest infection? UGH! take care matey.

Reactions: Leeannea

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon guys and gals. Been keeping a watching brief on the thread, not really had time to post anything.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with Mels 'school days' - love hearing what goes on at schools these days but also hate it thinking that these people are the countries future! (we all had a bit of rebelness in class but we knew where the line was and didn't dare cross it - these know no bounds!)

Loving the doggie pics and Whispas training antics, there is always one dog at those classes that just seems to be a bit over the top/unruly.....................yeap at ours it was my dog, but he's a perfect old gent now.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Looking for something to watch on telly last night I ended up watching Masterchef.....not a programme I usually watch or follow but it is finals week .....was surprised to find that I actually recognised one of the finalists as someone that I know......she used to go to the same drama group as my sons and despite being a couple of years older than my boys I did get to know her when they did their productions and I had the job of stage door manager....
....will be watching again tonight and tomorrow to see how she gets on and if she wins.....:)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Slightly better piccies

Tutti.jpg

That one is the youngster - Tutti

Dizzy.jpg

This one is our dignified old boy, Dizzy.

Sorry - they're a bit big for two very small dogs!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Slightly better piccies

Tutti.jpg

That one is the youngster - Tutti

Dizzy.jpg

This one is our dignified old boy, Dizzy.

Sorry - they're a bit big for two very small dogs!

Your old boy is a lovely colour mix

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yes - he's a wonderful, peaceful, happy dog. Never known him have a cross word with anyone (except when he had a nasty skin infection but that was very painful for him so he was excused immediately).

Tutti is a total loudmouth ragamuffin and always has been. I can send her out to play looking gorgeous and she comes in muddy, and like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards! Mind you, I wouldn't have her any other way and love her to bits!

Last edited:
Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Night all. Biology teacher tomorrow. Had a lovely morning with the hilariously filthy old ladies, was quite the tonic. Teaching 12 year olds about drug dealing tomorrow, I think a few of them have it in mind as a future career...