Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Enjoy your bath bombs, my daughter bought me an Impulse Galaxy Mars Bath Fizzer, it does look like the red planet, so may be I'll be whisked off into space when I use it, but not near The Black Hole :nailbiting::nailbiting:

DSC_0105.JPG

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Well another 9 on wake up.....antibiotics are starting to do there work as I did actually sleep last night :)

@Knikki what a rubbish last few days for you. I am sure you will sort it out VERY soon....
@Mel dCP the kids will more than likely tell you more about dealing than you know ;)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki that's a hell of a lot of Apidra to bung in with little reaction. @Leeannea's suggestion is worth a look if you can plough through all the info; don't know if you've got a recommended read Leeannea? Personally I'd contact my diabetes team as injecting that much and getting so little response really doesn't sound good. Hope you get it sorted really soon.

Reactions: Cumberland

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
hh1 the study I was reading presented a rare extreme example of antibodies to apidra but had a happy ending. I don’t want to add to knikki’s woes so I won’t cite it as it probably isn’t the cause of his problems but still worth mentioning to his medical team.

K

Knikki

Knikki have you tried googling “antibodies to apidra? This may (or may not) be the cause.

Hi thanks for the info :)

I have ploughed (while waiting for various systems round here to react) through a couple of papers but it does seem a little inconclusive and I am not sure I quiet fit what there saying but will need to have another look to night.

@hh1 Yes indeed it is rather alot and more than I want to inject ~sigh~

On an upside things are now down below 10, and still heading down :cat:, but need to reconfirm with finger prick (so much for Libre and no finger pricking :rolleyes::hilarious: )

Lunch might be interesting. Any one want to take bets on, if I:
A) going to explode
B) collapse in a heap
C) rant even more than I have been
D) see if I can get through a whole file of insulin in one day.
F) ride the crest of a wave into the sunset with chocolate and wine.

As a hint I am placing my money on F and be **** the consequences ;)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Seems to be a day of high's, end of the month, pay day, no Brexit, weather, sometimes just breathing seems to mess it up :rolleyes: Good to see it is going down :)

Robs

I’ve just tested and got 6.3 so I’m ok with that

Have been up town for a mooch now back home and it’s shorts and t shirt weather bright sunny and pleasantly warm

Have a good afternoon Robs

Reactions: Fairygodmother

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi thanks for the info :)

I have ploughed (while waiting for various systems round here to react) through a couple of papers but it does seem a little inconclusive and I am not sure I quiet fit what there saying but will need to have another look to night.

@hh1 Yes indeed it is rather alot and more than I want to inject ~sigh~

On an upside things are now down below 10, and still heading down :cat:, but need to reconfirm with finger prick (so much for Libre and no finger pricking :rolleyes::hilarious: )

Lunch might be interesting. Any one want to take bets on, if I:
A) going to explode
B) collapse in a heap
C) rant even more than I have been
D) see if I can get through a whole file of insulin in one day.
F) ride the crest of a wave into the sunset with chocolate and wine.

As a hint I am placing my money on F and be **** the consequences ;)

As long as you film it.....please please please be A :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

F is on my favorite list.....keeping my finger crossed for you

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ladies and gentlemen. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we not be having a blood e vote on the forum, especially today of all days. :):):):).
I’m going for D closely followed by B.:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
Lunch done, waiting for BS to rise well above 10 on account my Novorapid is currently on some sort of time and motion regime.
Gym and then may dabble at building something to screen the wheelie bins. Life on the edge :rolleyes:
Enjoy the day, the sunshine and good numbers.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I always automatically vote for the chocolate option :) I had some last night (Sainsbury's own fruit & nut vegan). Yum.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Happy news! My husband is T2 and his HbA1C result just came in - reduced from 52 last year to 46 this year. I'm delighted for him, he's been trying really hard :happy:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yup an empty E here too - E for everything . . . Or nothing?
Had a bad bad couple of days, sore tum but don’t know why, lots of sleep and now Levemir appears to have carped out. I wish there were some colour code in cartridges, you know, sky blue pink with spots on when all’s full strength, fading to just the spots when it’s duffed. It’d make things much easier.
In the meantime Hamish and I are watching a water boatman in the pond. It seems apt to be observing a creature breathing through its bum with carped out Levemir on board

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Trouble with rising BS today, so took out cartridge, which is a relatively new one and put another one in, it is so flipping frustrating at times :mad:

A lovely spring day here, 16 degrees, so I had lunch in the garden and read some of my book :happy::cool:

Yesterday, second visit to hospital this week, first was Tuesday, breast screening and yesterday was diabetes eye appointment. My cataract in the right eye has got sizeably larger and needs removing, left eye not much change. So Doctor gave me a booklet about cataracts and said I didn't need to do anything right now and we will talk about it in 6 months time, so at the end of the day, I do need an operation :nurse: :nailbiting: I'm a bit squeamish with the eyes and it's the same eye that had the detached retina about 5 years ago, I stayed overnight at Southampton General.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yup an empty E here too - E for everything . . . Or nothing?
Had a bad bad couple of days, sore tum but don’t know why, lots of sleep and now Levemir appears to have carped out. I wish there were some colour code in cartridges, you know, sky blue pink with spots on when all’s full strength, fading to just the spots when it’s duffed. It’d make things much easier.
In the meantime Hamish and I are watching a water boatman in the pond. It seems apt to be observing a creature breathing through its bum with carped out Levemir on board

.................and :hilarious: too X

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Trouble with rising BS today, so took out cartridge, which is a relatively new one and put another one in, it is so flipping frustrating at times :mad:

A lovely spring day here, 16 degrees, so I had lunch in the garden and read some of my book :happy::cool:

Yesterday, second visit to hospital this week, first was Tuesday, breast screening and yesterday was diabetes eye appointment. My cataract in the right eye has got sizeably larger and needs removing, left eye not much change. So Doctor gave me a booklet about cataracts and said I didn't need to do anything right now and we will talk about it in 6 months time, so at the end of the day, I do need an operation :nurse: :nailbiting: I'm a bit squeamish with the eyes and it's the same eye that had the detached retina about 5 years ago, I stayed overnight at Southampton General.

8.6, at last it's going down, yay :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I went a bit low earlier and had to suffer my way through a chocolate brownie. (Asda's Free From range - droolworthy!)