Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Thanks to all that namechecked and worried about my “bleugh” feeling Ed’s. Went to work, was very grateful for a good strong flush of work loo! So fasted all day Weds and until dinner Thur to get me through meetings! Feeling better today, numbers back in range now.

K

Knikki

Evening, I is fairly drunk and the interest in the poem The Owl And The Pussycat came up in conversation, which when drunk and it is smut Friday has a fairly interesting innuendo filled end to the first verse.

I don't really,.....no I really don't do poetry, but this poem is fun and nonsense, which makes it great.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good evening all. Just home now. It's not pneumonia BUT the drs don't know what it is. Got to go to a chest clinic on Wednesday for lung function tests. All the dr gave me was codeine linctus to ease the cough.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good evening all. Just home now. It's not pneumonia BUT the drs don't know what it is. Got to go to a chest clinic on Wednesday for lung function tests. All the dr gave me was codeine linctus to ease the cough.

That is good to hear that you haven't got pneumonia, whatever it is, I hope you get a diagnosis with the right treatment.
Take care :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Have they looked at Pleurisy?

Man hug from me

Hope you have a restful sleep

Reactions: porl69

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning kiddiwinks.
Awake early ish, heaven knows why. Tony Blackburn on the radio, he does well for his age don’t you think?
Off out for breakfast later, a bit of “ stuff for the home “ shopping and then an easy afternoon.
Dexcom is starting to play up slightly, keeps losing connection for an hour here and there. Currently giving a 4.9 so I’m happy with that, I’ll be needing a feet on floor jab soon though or else it’ll be close to 10 by breakfast time.
You guys all have a great day.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am pleased to announce that after yesterday's 5 miles stomp home from work, a Very Early Night (for me) and a Lie In until 7.30 a.m. (I'm usually up before 6.00 a.m., regardless of the day of the week) whilst still a little tired, I think I might just make it until the end of term after all.

Bloods drifted up slightly overnight, unsurprisingly, as they don't like me delaying the Levemir beyond 6.30 a.m., but I've beaten them into submission.

Off to meet friends for coffee soon. At least, I'd better tell them I am, we'd left it to see what we all felt like, plus they totally get the fact I like my solitary Saturdays to be able to cope with the other six days of the working week, as do they, but we could all probably all do with a break from our everyday worlds before launching back into them again.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Japes - glad to hear the carrot cake helped!

I was up early for a Saturday mainly because I had an extremely vivid and odd dream. In the dream we had an old fashioned globe shaped hoover and my husband switched it on. It started to smoke, and gradually the smoke got worse, so he dashed outside with it and put it on the path. It burned up utterly and out of the smoke developed a very small, very young chick - a hen's chick - which was adorable and I promptly adopted it. The rest of the dream was me rushing around finding appropriate food, bedding, housing etc.

We've never even had one of the hoovers! I get that the phoenix rises from the flames, but a tiny helpless baby chook?

So we went to the supermarket and I bought some yummy vegan chocolate desserts and a few more spices to add to the endless collection. We got some olive bread to go with our soup at lunch and now I'm home.

The dream still lingers - so very odd and that little chick was so totally alive to me!

Next - brekkie!

Have a great day everyone - stay safe, stay level!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Japes - glad to hear the carrot cake helped!

I was up early for a Saturday mainly because I had an extremely vivid and odd dream. In the dream we had an old fashioned globe shaped hoover and my husband switched it on. It started to smoke, and gradually the smoke got worse, so he dashed outside with it and put it on the path. It burned up utterly and out of the smoke developed a very small, very young chick - a hen's chick - which was adorable and I promptly adopted it. The rest of the dream was me rushing around finding appropriate food, bedding, housing etc.

We've never even had one of the hoovers! I get that the phoenix rises from the flames, but a tiny helpless baby chook?

So we went to the supermarket and I bought some yummy vegan chocolate desserts and a few more spices to add to the endless collection. We got some olive bread to go with our soup at lunch and now I'm home.

The dream still lingers - so very odd and that little chick was so totally alive to me!

Next - brekkie!

Have a great day everyone - stay safe, stay level!

It’s mad, WuTwo! Could the hoover chook be related to Easter Dust Bunnies?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Or the Easter Double Fluff Bunnies - no idea how they started breeding so soon, apologies for the double post everyone.
Woke at 9.1 this morning, urgh, and then found Fiasp pen was wobbly so it’s likely last night’s pre sleep boost was under, though perhaps it’s because I’m wearing 24/7 anti thrombosis socks. Standard practice after knee ops. They’ve been on, with a daily 30 minute break, for nearly six weeks now and I can tell you they’re definitely not comfy so time to discard? I really don’t like tight human made fabrics.
Pen reassembled, bloods descending slowly, Cat happy, but feet shouting to be free again.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Ooooh - the Easter Hoover Chook! What a wonderful thought :hilarious: