Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning everyone and wishing you all a Happy Friday. I am promoting Flora plant based spread today, so hoping the weather doesn't turn out like it did yesterday ( cloudy, cold but dry at this moment) or it's going to be a veryy longggggggggg dayyyyyyyy.
I awoke on a 6.9, take care :)

If that's Flora Buttery Vegan - it's yummy, says the resident vegan :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Good(ish) morning. Stuck outside the Drs again...waiting for an appointment about this chest infection. Meanwhile bloods are refusing to come down from 14. 8 units iob grrrrr

Sorry to hear that, hope you get something for it and get those BG levels sorted soon.

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Big hug to anyone who’s ill and battling with the b***bgs! Esp porl69.
Hope the floraday’s a decent one @Robinredbreast.
Liking the word bolitics

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Follow up appointment with the orthopaedic team this morning and Hamish was praised - and I can drive again. Whoopee. I also saw his X-ray pic for the first time.
However, the X-ray of both knees was flashed up and the comment made that my left knee’s also bad. Luckily it’s behaved very well so far while the right knee recovers, but it’ll be reviewed in six month’s time.
Now what should I call a second welcome bionic immigrant?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Update...gp has sent me to hospital, he thinks it could be pneumonia. Not had that before lol. Will keep you updated

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Follow up appointment with the orthopaedic team this morning and Hamish was praised - and I can drive again. Whoopee. I also saw his X-ray pic for the first time.
However, the X-ray of both knees was flashed up and the comment made that my left knee’s also bad. Luckily it’s behaved very well so far while the right knee recovers, but it’ll be reviewed in six month’s time.
Now what should I call a second welcome bionic immigrant?
You will be like the 6 million dollar woman

Reactions: Fairygodmother

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Update...gp has sent me to hospital, he thinks it could be pneumonia. Not had that before lol. Will keep you updated

Hi @porl69 take it easy mate, at least you will be in good hands. My missus had pneumonia whilst we were on holiday in Turkey one year.

Lots of anti biotics and lots of rest and you will be back to normal soon

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hope they make you better! Hug.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You will be like the 6 million dollar woman

I think I’d need to get a few more bits replaced before that happens - right now I feel like the dime store dame

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If the first one is Hamish, the second has to be Dougal. You'll have had your tea?

Seeing what I need to become the million dollar woman do you think if I called it Morag they’d start breeding?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@porl69 you really know how to get the sympathy. I hope you make the most of it and take notes from the hospital and ward receptionist.
@Fairygodmother I'm glad you and Hamish are getting along well and considering adopting another.

I just popped in to say that I am considering rating my exercise based on diabetes treatment.
Today's spin class was a zero basal 6 glucotab ride.
Lol. And I thank you all

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning All
@porl69 I feel (slightly) guilty for teasing you about your photo now you have reminded me you are ill. I hope you realise the banter is a sign of endearment.
I also hope you manage to make it back up that slope to and from the docs :)

@smc4761 so today's BG are not as good as yesterday? Perfection can get boring. I see "enjoy the wins when you get them!"

@Robinredbreast I am not sure what will be made of "plant-based Flora" in some corners of the forum. Fat good. Plant-based (which, I guess could include seed-based) seems to be bad. Hope you have a fun day without too many overly knowledgeable customers.

Normality has resumed for me. A good work out at the gym yesterday and spin planned for lunchtime today, And BG behaving itself. The only thing I need to work on is getting my diet back to normality after my carb-fest. On a plus side, I bought cake yesterday but then didn't fancy it so I have post spin cake for today!

Thanks Helen, it was a quiet Friday and all in all, customer's were most receptive, respectful and and well mannered too, especially the children, so sweet( probably an Insect day, as I used to call it ) :)
Last minute sales pitch ;)- 100% plant based, absolutely no additives or preservatives, Vegan society approved and rich in omega 3 &6 :D Need to do my online survey for today's event shortly.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If that's Flora Buttery Vegan - it's yummy, says the resident vegan :)

Last minute sales pitch for you ;) 100% plant based, absolutely no additives or preservatives, Vegan society approved and rich in omega 3 &6 :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Aawww bless you, I hope you will be okay, you are in the right place, take care X

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Flipping heck, I feel like I've crammed a month's worth into this past week and we've still got another week to go, then I've got a week where I might as well make up my bed on the organ stool.

I am doing my very, very best not to say "I told you this wouldn't work with that combination of people..." as I'm being seconded to mop up the mess as of Monday and to try to minimise the damage of the consequences of not listening to me six months ago (when I was in trouble for saying "This won't work" then).

In the meantime, I'm going to have a lazy weekend, apart from Sunday Morning, finish the last of the carrot cake, and forget the rest of the world exists.