Type 1'stars R Us

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow teabags hope you all had a good night

Off for a very gentle stroll to do some birdwatching. Tried last week and started on an 8.1 after brekkie. I strolled very ery gently on flat ground and within 40 minutes it had dropped to 5.6. I normally spike high in mornings so that was unusual. Had a handful of jelly beans and put basal down to 30%. Half hour later it had dropped again to under 4. My trusty bottle of coke save me at that time.

Lets see what today brings

Have a lovely day whatever you do

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
On a different note my evening meal ratio has abruptly changed! The others are the same and the basal is fine, but for three nights running I've been quite scarily low by about 8.30 p.m. Now I grant you it's no form of torture at all to munch some Oreos but I'd rather not. So today I'm bringing the ratio up to 1:10.5 and seeing what happens. I was on 1:8 (which itself was a change a few months ago - down from 1:9), took it up to 1:9.5 yesterday and still ended up with the Oreos.

I have to say that it keeps me on my toes!

Reactions: Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all
No plans (apart from laundry) for today but himself wants to watch the Grand National.
Last night I tried to cook some cheese and leek sourdough crumpets. They tasted OK but next time I will use less butter. The recipe asked for "a knob of butter" per crumpet. I think my knobs were too big.
Overnight my bg went a bit low. So I have increased the Spin Class rating to an 8 Glucotab session.

@porl69 hope they get to the bottom of your chest problem soon so you can get back to bothering the garage customers and put all your lessons from medical receptionists into practice.
In the meantime, have a gender-non-specific hug from me.

I’m trying not to snigger about your butter measurements and failing...

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all! Not long woken up after a an epic sleep that started at 1850, with a quick hour’s break for some wine and smoked salmon, and back to sleep. I know how to party. Sugars ok, thankfully. Had an alarm in the wee hours as I hit 7, but that was quickly sorted.

Not much planned today, going out for brunch in a bit. My favourite local place does me a wonderful keto veggie breakfast of eggs, avocado, roasted kale with almonds, halloumi and some other bits I can’t remember. Always beautifully prepped and comes in around 10g carbs. A unit of novosluggish does the trick for it, anyway. Might have an amble around the charity shops too.

How are you doing today @porl69 ? Hope you’re feeling better.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. I am truly overwhelmed with all the hugs and support. Really means a lot and thank you all.
Slept like a log last night, woken by a low alarm at 6, so a few jelly babies and back to sleep. Just woke you a 5.5. Another tweak on the basal me thinks

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all. I am truly overwhelmed with all the hugs and support. Really means a lot and thank you all.
Slept like a log last night, woken by a low alarm at 6, so a few jelly babies and back to sleep. Just woke you a 5.5. Another tweak on the basal me thinks

Sleep’s a great healer so snuggle down and get some more! Hope you feel a bit better by this evening. Good the bloods are cheerful.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all, and a hug to the poorly one's. Busy this morning then out this afternoon. It's a dry day here and there is a rumour................... that the sun will be peeking it's head out :)
Whatever you are doing over the weekend, have a safe one.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All packed, insulin as well this time! (Time before last I forgot it!!) time to hit the road in 40mins just sitting down to a nice cup of coffee.

@porl69 my MIL had pneumonia and plurase together she thought she was going to die, it did knock her back a lot - thankfully sounds like your clear if at least one of them, all the best mate.

Signing off now.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I am making tofu at the moment. Well, it's making itself while I wait for the curds to form. If it turns out OK, that's dinner sorted. If it doesn't, there are backup packs in the house. Hope it does work properly though. If I've cocked it up somehow I'll try again on Wednesday (my day off). Not letting a recipe beat me!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am making tofu at the moment. Well, it's making itself while I wait for the curds to form. If it turns out OK, that's dinner sorted. If it doesn't, there are backup packs in the house. Hope it does work properly though. If I've cocked it up somehow I'll try again on Wednesday (my day off). Not letting a recipe beat me!

@WuTwo Tofu has got to be worst food in the world ever.:yuck::yuck: Its not even food, just very tough to eat cardboard. Tried it once and it was revolting. tried it again a few months which confirmed it was revolting. Still each to their own we cant all like same things

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@WuTwo Tofu has got to be worst food in the world ever.:yuck::yuck: Its not even food, just very tough to eat cardboard. Tried it once and it was revolting. tried it again a few months which confirmed it was revolting. Still each to their own we cant all like same things

Lol, smc4671, there's rumours that some of the funkier pubs in Byres Road are doing a tapas style plate of tofu with a wee hauf of Tennents lager and a Balvenie chaser...

It's definitely a Marmite style love-it-or-hate-it thing. I'm not that keen on the silky smooth ones, way too slimy, but the grainier ones have a decent texture to them which I like.

Maybe try it with a bit of broon sauce instead of soy sauce and you might be converted!

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, smc4671, there's rumours that some of the funkier pubs in Byres Road are doing a tapas style plate of tofu with a wee hauf of Tennents lager and a Balvenie chaser...

It's obviously a very Scottish thing - we were staying in Gairloch one year, and were surprised/impressed to see that the shop had not one, not two, but three different sorts of tofu! However they don't seem to be in business any more :)

Reactions: Cumberland

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It's obviously a very Scottish thing - we were staying in Gairloch one year, and were surprised/impressed to see that the shop had not one, not two, but three different sorts of tofu! However they don't seem to be in business any more :)

It's a lovely part of the world. In my earlier years, I spent a bit of my time riding my Dawes Galaxy touring bike with a MacPac tent on the back around the Ullapool to Torridon area, did a bit of wild camping, but would generally try to pitch up within a few yards of a decent pub which would do me a few beers at night and a decent brekkie next morning!

Reactions: porl69

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a lovely part of the world. In my earlier years, I spent a bit of my time riding my Dawes Galaxy touring bike with a MacPac tent on the back around the Ullapool to Torridon area, did a bit of wild camping, but would generally try to pitch up within a few yards of a decent pub which would do me a few beers at night and a decent brekkie next morning!

The Gairloch trip was for walking, but a couple of years ago we rode the north coast 500 on our tandem, complete with full camping load. That was a good ride - and the west half was definitely the best and hardest work. Bealach Na Ba on a bike+load weighing about 7x a modern carbon mamil-machine, though it did carry two of us :) It ended up as the North Coast 700 with the diversions we took.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rolled in from a gig up in the West Midlands an hour ago.
Basal aprox two hours late. (Though I was carrying it with me too.)
8.0 Mmol. Not too shocking...
How did that happen? Lantus would have tailed off much earlier.. By the time we (at least) started the second set...

Libre free this weekend so no "back story" either..
Now I'm not claiming some sort of "music therapy," but a bit of sweaty R&R does seem to help the BG blues. :cool:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Today has been a winner so far, great Sri Lankan street food for lunch, no idea what was in half of it so had to carb guess - 5.4 before, 5.6 four hours later. As I wandered up hill to home, my wrist vibrated to tell me I had just achieved my biggest step count and now about to top 40,000 steps. Actually, it’s not my biggest ever but I didn’t have a step counter when I did the Moon Walk which was 26 miles walk around London for Breast Cancer starting at midnight and finishing around 8am.
I think I am excused for not making it to the gym today.

Definitely excused the gym!

26 miles is about 60,000 steps for me. My record is just over 72000 steps (31 miles) when I had a massive stubborn and proved my entire world wrong about being able to walk around my local 26 miles circular bus route in a day. I forgot at one point it deviated slightly off the circular road number, which is what added some of the extra mileage. Plus a few detours for toilet stops!

I did go for a walk but retired home after unpleasant encounters with the unknown to me small child lacking a responsible adult until I asked small child not to barge into the almost impossible to barge into space between me, the counter by the till and the biscuits.

These are the kind of days when I silently remember the Adult Protection Policy in my mind, adhere to my policy and just walk away when the absentee adults suddenly remember their responsibilities but yell at me for my "unreasonable" treatment of their child. And on this occasion, hope I got to food before my impending hypo beat me to it having abandoned the carb counted lunch and drink the child had spilt by banging into the tray as I was waiting for a till operator.

Reactions: porl69 and kitedoc