Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I am not quite dentist-phobic but nearly. I screw up my courage to go every six months for a checkup - the epilepsy meds have a nasty effect on gums (and cholesterol of all things) - and spend the entire time staring at the ceiling mentally reciting my fear mantra. I stop when I hear the dentist say that we're done!

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
A few years ago, I had root canal after 20 years of an untreated chipped tooth.
The dentist had some problems so ended up giving me gas and it was one of the most serene trips to the dentist ever!

I hope your visit is not too onerous and your get to keep your real pearly whites.

Thank you Helen it’s an hour and a half appointment gulp

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Cumberland the only man in the world who scares me....the dentist...my bloods would be thru the roof with fear lol

I sometimes hold my breath in the dentists chair I get a very dry mouth but they’re good and keep me topped up with a glass of water throughout

I’m also on SST prescribed by the dentist which helps

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Cumberland I've had root canal treatment twice, the first time was complicated.....but it didn't stop me dozing off, even without @helensaramay's gas. I just found it really boring; it takes quite a while but I'd rather have that than a tooth out any day. Hope it's that easy for you tomorrow.

@Mel dCP can't wait to hear how your cookery class went....

Think I’d need to be knocked out with a sledgehammer

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Breakfast was gorgeous (home made tofu, scrambled, on toast and served with tinned cherry tomatoes). My favourite breakfast and will keep me very full until soup at lunch. Today is my long day :( The whole day is reserved for one set of books where they have given me a year's worth of bank statements and receipts to go through, post the entries and sort out into proper books of account. Gee thanks! Still, keeps me busy.

Have a great day everyone - stay safe and @Cumberland - may it go well and painlessly for you today :)

Reactions: Cumberland and hh1

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all.
Bloods are being a right royal PITA today. Been low more than normal, Set change last night into my stomach.....could it be a better site???? Good excuse for tea with sugar lol

@helensaramay with proof of your 8.7 finger pricks a day over this last month surely they cant refuse you the Libre?
@Cumberland I hope your dentist appt goes really well for you

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My day in a nutshell. I’m teaching RE...

1F7405AA-5FA2-478B-9FEA-03A691F8BECD.jpeg

Bloods ok. Spot of foot on the floor which I bashed with a +50% temp basal for an hour and the calculated dose from my pump but still spent a couple of hours in the 7s. Will try a +95% basal and the recommendation tomorrow.

Hope you all have a nice mellow day x

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My day in a nutshell. I’m teaching RE...

View attachment 32251

Bloods ok. Spot of foot on the floor which I bashed with a +50% temp basal for an hour and the calculated dose from my pump but still spent a couple of hours in the 7s. Will try a +95% basal and the recommendation tomorrow.

Hope you all have a nice mellow day x
RE is a lot safer than teaching cookery!

Enjoy a peaceful day. Hope you have decent course work to use, otherwise it could be hell on earth!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good afternoon friends

Dentists 3.15 aaaaargh

Have a good day

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oh Mel, good luck. Older daughter got into big trouble in her first job, at a cat-holic school when she suggested giving the wafer crumbs to the seagulls. Could be a discussion point for your class? St Francis etc?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah! I’m having a hypo! Been running a tad high since leaving home, not sure if it’s the break of routine, the fantastic food or the Adrenalin rush of skiing...........or the beer. Happy to be low for once but it took a shed load of insulin. Hoping I might be able to stay on top of it now.

Reactions: hh1 and porl69