Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all :)

@Cumberland - delighted your dental visit was painless! Really good news. Hugs to Wispa for not getting to meet her friends.

5.1 this morning. This is amazing considering I totally blew it last night and ate: dinner, an Alpro vegan chocolate dessert, a small bowl of peanuts, two Oreos, a 110g bar of vegan chocolate ... I did, however, stack the insulin for all this lot and it worked well so that the only ill effects are going to be to my weight. Mind you, after focussing hard on one spread sheet for 8 hours with a half hour break for lunch, I was so frazzled I was in a total "Oh f.... it all, do I care?" mood.

Today I get to make tofu, and use the soapnuts on the laundry to see how it goes. I'm hoping it works well.

https://amazon.co.uk/Salveo-Natural...ords=soapnuts&qid=1554878432&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning guys, awoke on a 8.9, at least it's single figures :rolleyes: and a bit of a headache too. Pebbles cat is laying across my right arm as I am trying to type this :cat:
Have happy and a safe Wednesday :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning teabags, woke on 6.1 this morning, good enough for me.
Hamish is reminding me he’s there after a couple of days of new exercises but he’s learning to climb stairs ‘properly’, do squats (not been able to for years and years and the other knee’s threatening strike action) and walking further with no stick or crutch. Today’s the pain for the gain.
Has anyone been watching Race Across the World? I’ve been getting it on catchup and Hamish is being told to get fitter. However, could we do it with the T1 load on board as well as the big backpacks? I really want to see the places they’ve been travelling through, but maybe not move as fast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I have an Easter egg! We found some in Sainsburys that I can eat that weren't too pricey. At least, no more than the eggs I bought my son and his partner. I'm so chuffed. I put it by ready for Easter Sunday.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good day all
Well that was a waste of time! I have baffled the respiratory (?) Dr. Only one test I couldn't do because of this stoopid cough and that's the one the Dr needs AAARGH!. Its defo not asthma, not pneumonia and not pleurisy. He has given me an inhales with powder pills and got to see him in 6 weeks. He also gave me a print out of old wives tales about getting rid of stubborn coughs!!!! My Ticwatch alarms went off when I was in with him saying Low. He was really interested in the tech I had on me lol.
Bloods have been up and down today, mainly down, lots of temp basals happening today lol

@helensaramay that's good with the Medtrum patch pump. Fingers crossed you can get a proper insulin trial with it now

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I haven't seen @Knikki around for a while........and doesn't appear on the search of members :(

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fairygodmother we watched Race Across the World. Just happened on it, and stayed watching as we actually used to live across the road from Claire (one of the older pair of women) so kept watching it. Absolutely loved it. Unfortunately didn’t watch it live on Sunday and we found out result by accident, which spoiled it a bit. It was so interesting to see lots of areas that are not generally covered on TV. What a beautiful world we live in.
In other news, my mothers second knee is also worse than the new one. Though after her bad experience I fear she will not have it done.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Fairygodmother we watched Race Across the World. Just happened on it, and stayed watching as we actually used to live across the road from Claire (one of the older pair of women) so kept watching it. Absolutely loved it. Unfortunately didn’t watch it live on Sunday and we found out result by accident, which spoiled it a bit. It was so interesting to see lots of areas that are not generally covered on TV. What a beautiful world we live in.
In other news, my mothers second knee is also worse than the new one. Though after her bad experience I fear she will not have it done.

Oh what a shame, your poor mother. How’s she getting along now?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If memory serves me right the last we heard from Knikki was a reference to The Owl and the Pussycat whilst under the influence of a few sherbets.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he got “ modded” and then decided to call it a day.
A huge shame and another great loss to the T1 community on this forum.

Reactions: karen8967

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At this rate we're going to have to set up an underground Discourse or similar - I suggest the name 'Type 1'stars R Exiled'.

Modding for facetiousness coming in 3.., 2.., 1..
:meh:

Reactions: therower

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Another 1 bites the dust!

I must admit I miss several "oldies". For one reason or another they have disappeared from the forum. Such a pity, as they used to give very good advice.

Maybe they'll return some time.