Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The pedant in me always smiles at the Libre/Libra typo.
I think there is a sanitary pad called Libra but I don’t think it’s available on prescription and shiver at the thought of it lasting two weeks :)

Good luck with your LibrE appointment although it’s a shame you have to wait so long.

Changed it to Libre:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning guys, another bright and sunny start to the day. woke on another high, even though I corrected last night :banghead: but obviously not enough :(
A couple of appointments today so I hope, at east, the weather behaves it's self :rolleyes: as I would like to do the 40/45 minute walk there and back :)

Reactions: hh1

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow colanders.

I was hugely disappointed to wake to a BG of 3.7. Under normal circumstances I would be fairly happy with that, a little low but not bad at all.

Why was I disappointed. Well a quick check of the Libre tells me my time in target range was 98%:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:. My target range is BG 4.5-- BG 8.0.

I have never had figures like that in all of my 38+ years of type 1. Think a lot of this is down to pump and to think about 3/4 weeks ago I was seriously thinking of handing it back, as my BG's were much better on MDI.

Pump defo needs a name now

Hope you all have a lovely day

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning fellow colanders.

I was hugely disappointed to wake to a BG of 3.7. Under normal circumstances I would be fairly happy with that, a little low but not bad at all.

Why was I disappointed. Well a quick check of the Libre tells me my time in target range was 98%:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:. My target range is BG 4.5-- BG 8.0.

I have never had figures like that in all of my 38+ years of type 1. Think a lot of this is down to pump and to think about 3/4 weeks ago I was seriously thinking of handing it back, as my BG's were much better on MDI.

Pump defo needs a name now

Hope you all have a lovely day

So pleased the pump is working for you, Top Banana award :)
Ohhh, could we have name the pump ? :happy:
Have a terrific Thursday.

Reactions: porl69 and WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all :) Running late, gotta go. Have good days everyone - stay safe and level!

Reactions: karen8967

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone,
Woke silly o'clock drenched in sweat, pricked to find 2.1. Drank Lucozade energy, ate a Belvita breakfast biscuit and 2 hours later 18.4!!!!
OK so I know I was scared and overdid the glucose and had to correct for that. I could weep, why, why can't I get the balance right. Want to swear very badly now, so upset

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@SueJB we have all done it. I confess to a whole bag of Haribo once - this was not a good move.
Hope you even out during the day.

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all
Woke up a little high at 10.5. Once again, probably what I ate last night.
Appointment all around this morning for me and my brother. So we're here there and everywhere with poor mother acting as taxi driver and emotional support.
My appointment is with nurse 1. Will be curious to see if nurse 2 spoke to her about me pre-bolusing and the possibility of doing the DAFNE course a little sooner than 6-12 months time.
And before you all suggest it again (because I know you care ) I have already signed up to the Bertie online course

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning teabags, perfect pumpers, swooper doopers and all.
Waking 6.1 and pleased as I corrected twice last night after a Thai meal out. It wasn’t, to look at, a heavy meal but suspect I failed to add in the sugar in the innocuous looking sauces.
Ah, name the pump, smc4761. Can we join in? Please?

Reactions: porl69 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, brilliant news @helensaramay and well done @smc4761. I woke to a miserable 12.5, corrected a 13 and up arrow at bedtime but obviously not by enough. And I don't know what caused that high either. I have a feeling my upcoming a1c won't be that great; the trip to Barcelona didn't help either but it was worth it. @Robinredbreast I don't know why you have to wait for an appointment in June to get Libre if you meet the NHS criteria. They were very clear that from 1 April anyone who met them is entitled to it regardless of CCGs attempts to impose their own rules.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Well I am in University!! Lol never thought I would say that! Just learned it's a pump education day. But me in university lol

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I need a name for a large collection of diabetics, all being pumpers.....any suggestions

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
How about a Caddy? As in a caddy of tea (bags)

And the pump is the bag of golf clubs. I haven’t got one so I don’t know if running one feels like a burden. Every time I ask for one I’ve been told I don’t need it - grrrrrr. I think the golf bag carrier remark’s just envy.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.something this morning but i did have to do a correction before going to bed last night, so if I had a libre the graph wouldn't have been that flat! (I under estimated the carbs for dinner)

Sue night time hypos are very difficult not over correct - it's like R Whites lemonade and the Honey monster all in one!

Reactions: Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, brilliant news @helensaramay and well done @smc4761. I woke to a miserable 12.5, corrected a 13 and up arrow at bedtime but obviously not by enough. And I don't know what caused that high either. I have a feeling my upcoming a1c won't be that great; the trip to Barcelona didn't help either but it was worth it. @Robinredbreast I don't know why you have to wait for an appointment in June to get Libre if you meet the NHS criteria. They were very clear that from 1 April anyone who met them is entitled to it regardless of CCGs attempts to impose their own rules.

The trail was at the end of April, but then it was moved forward. The June appointment i was given was allotted to me months ago, February I think, there's a big demand for it. Different months came up so, I choose, March, April, May, July and August and I got June 27th.
I will try and ask a DSN today about the dates, criteria and volume of people.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Greeting fellow Caddy members,

Over corrections, under estimates, annoying pancreas, ... yep. I've been there.
In fact, I was there last night. I think I estimated the carbs in my curry pretty well but I mis-guessed the absorption. Turns out 60:40 combo was wrong - I hypoed before bed and went high overnight. I guess I'll try 40:60 next time (if I remember).

I do find there is so much to remember with a pump: In addition to carb counting, it is remembering the combo bolus ratios and timings for different foods and temporary basal timings and percentages for different activities as well as remembering that the spin basal profile is called "weekend" and the climbing one is called "exercise". And then remembering where all the "advanced settings" are when I decide I need to change a basal profile or my insulin sensitivity factor ... or just the time when I travel or when the clocks go back/forward.

I guess it is just like most things with diabetes - if you do the same thing every day at the same time, eat the same thing every day at the same time, don't get ill, don't get stressed, don't go on holiday, ... it will probably be relatively easy to manage.

Great to see @porl69 get a view of student life. I hope you are making the most of the student union, cheap drinks night, student welfare, student loans, ... and maybe a little bit of study.

Yes, I do like the idea of a caddy full of teabags! A green one for me
And maybe it’s big enough to hold socks of the wrong colour too.

Reactions: porl69

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Hi Guys,

Two questions i simply cannot find an answer to:
1. Is there anywhere online that shows the list of Insulin Pumps that are approved in the UK
2. Is the t:slim X2 available in the UK
2a. If the answer is NO, is there a belief that it will be available in the not too distant future?

Thanks