Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning everyone, happy birthday on this lovely sunny Saturday
Someone wrote about putting their hand up and apportioning blame, who was it? can't remember, fuzzy head this morning. Anyway, I agree with these wise words, anything over 8 I blame madam. She's quiet today with a 5.4
Into town shortly and then looks like it's going to be gardening
Have a lovely weekend and if there's a party, I need seaweed thins, wasabi flavour please

I’ve got seaweed thins in the larder, with almonds, will those do?

Reactions: porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all
I'm very sleepy after last night. Had my final practical assessment for my second year of uni. The BS were actually amazing for me yesterday. I didn't check my BS straight after put performance, but when I got home after a couple of hours out to celebrate (a sober celebration for me) I was at 18.9! Adrenalin? Excitement? Nerves? I'll have to keep an eye on that in the future.

So I didn't end up going go sleep until 3am, and regretting that now. Mum coming to pick me up from uni today and take me home. I honestly cannot wait
Now I just need to move from this caccoon I've created in my bed
What are you studying? I’m so looking forward to starting Uni again in September but I suspect things are a bit different from last time I studied. Do students even use pens and paper any more?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I absolutely love Nightwish!

My son took me to the Wembley Arena gig a couple of years ago - birthday pressie. Archenemy and Amorphis were the supports. It was absolutely brilliant!

Reactions: kitedoc

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
What are you studying? I’m so looking forward to starting Uni again in September but I suspect things are a bit different from last time I studied. Do students even use pens and paper any more?

Take your phone and record lectures. That way you can playback with you're doing assignments..

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning camper, Hi de Hi

Anytime I am away from my normal work routine, like this week when I went to that there London for 2 days, my bloods tend to go all over the place as I overcompensate. Have had too many hypos in past so prefer to run a bit high

Back in routing and all back to normal. Went to bed BG 4.9, had a ginger snap, and woke to a BG 4.8, with a BG of 6.1 overnight, so happy with that . Back to being in my target range again 88% of time.

But of course I am about to spoil all that. For past 4 weeks I have went birdwatching/gentle stroll and despite going out with a BG of around 7.5 after about 30 minutes this has been dropping to around BG of 4.0. I have even turned Basal down to 20% but makes no difference. Giving it one last try today so this should be fun

Enjoy your day peeps
Hi @smc, if you are not already you may need to think about easing back the dose of any pre-breakfast insulin and perhaps reduce basal at least 90 minutes before setting out. Best Wishes.

Reactions: smc4761

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning from my pit, just taken my foot on the floor dose so have no intention of moving for at least half an hour. Looks bright outside, I’m hoping to do some archery practice today for the first time in about three years when my shoulder started freezing up. I’m expecting pain later! But it’s a fun way to try and get some upper body strength back that I lost when I was in too much pain. I’m going to need it come September!

Woke up to this, so I’m pleased that even if I can’t control actual teenagers, the bg teen is behaving for now. Be interesting to see what effect archery has, anyone care to hazard a guess?

View attachment 32851

Happy birthday Stars. It’s been wonderful, here’s looking forward to the second year of friendship ❤️
Pedant police here, a bg teen cannot be in normal range, they are too high i.e. above 10.
Suggestions: bg young'un, bg prepubescent

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Oh Hecate! Doc wants me to repeat my sodium level blood test. Once again I have low sodium. I do every time I have a blood test, and then on the repeat they decide it's OK after all.

I had some idiot telling me once that I mustn't drink so much. (In summer, in full training for the next rowing marathon, and not drinking excessively by anyone's standards). First and only time I have ever gone into the surgery and actually complained to my own doctor about the 15 year old who'd decided that three litres a day all up (tea, coffee, and water) was far too much.... This when I was sweating so hard when rowing for three hours non-stop I had to have a towel under my Concept II to soak it all up!

Still, I'll waste my time and their money if they want me to.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That was from a few years ago - these days they have the world's best lead female metal vocalist - Floor Jansen

I feel the difference in the two vocalists is in the diction.

Wacken festival. That brings back memories... I played there back in 1999.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Yeah - Tarja is Finnish, and Floor is Dutch. Floor is fantastic live!

Reactions: Jaylee

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Wow! You played at Wacken!!

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooh what you studying?
I do musical theatre, hence the performance for assessment last night. I still use a pen and paper, but a lot of people do take laptops into lectures. Lots of power points!

Reactions: Japes

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I assumed Mel was referring to my “diabetic teenager “... aka my roller coaster if BG this morning.
Teenagers can behave sometimes and people younger than 13 and older than 19 can behave like misbehaving teenagers.

Oh yes, and sometimes T1’s like a toddler having a tantrum, or even a golden oldie with a stubborn stare

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ooh what you studying?
I do musical theatre, hence the performance for assessment last night. I still use a pen and paper, but a lot of people do take laptops into lectures. Lots of power points!

Musical theatre’s full on physical so full of admiration that you’ve kept going right now! I had two years once a week with teaching staff at Dorothy Bird and loved watching them teach - they were a lovely group of people!

Reactions: Jazz97
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I was gonna bring berry muffins, some dips and Doritos. Should I re-think? I can bring something very virtuous - gotta be vegan though.

I love dips, garlic and onion also sour ream and chive are my favourites :hungry::hungry: can we have some Crudités , cucumber, carrot, pepper, brocolli and sugar snap peas :hungry:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow! You played at Wacken!!

Back in the day... Yep... :)

Just dug out some old pics for you. Sorry about the quality..
The second one i took with a disposable camera bought at the airport.

jamie18.jpg

jaguar 001.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning camper, Hi de Hi

Anytime I am away from my normal work routine, like this week when I went to that there London for 2 days, my bloods tend to go all over the place as I overcompensate. Have had too many hypos in past so prefer to run a bit high

Back in routing and all back to normal. Went to bed BG 4.9, had a ginger snap, and woke to a BG 4.8, with a BG of 6.1 overnight, so happy with that . Back to being in my target range again 88% of time.

But of course I am about to spoil all that. For past 4 weeks I have went birdwatching/gentle stroll and despite going out with a BG of around 7.5 after about 30 minutes this has been dropping to around BG of 4.0. I have even turned Basal down to 20% but makes no difference. Giving it one last try today so this should be fun

Enjoy your day peeps

Ho di ho :D

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I love dips, garlic and onion also sour ream and chive are my favourites :hungry::hungry: can we have some Crudités , cucumber, carrot, pepper, brocolli and sugar snap peas :hungry:

Of course! Your wish is my command :happy:

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Musical theatre’s full on physical so full of admiration that you’ve kept going right now! I had two years once a week with teaching staff at Dorothy Bird and loved watching them teach - they were a lovely group of people!
I'm hoping I'll be much more on control by thos time next year, as I'll be in intensive rehearsals for out main musical, which will be directed by a previously mentioned lecturer...