Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning mateys, woke up in the 15s, have taken 5u to try and bring it down. Think I might increase my Tresiba to see if it helps, I can’t go on like this. I’ll just have to ride out any hypos as and when. Eyes feel like they’re wrapped in cling film. Although I’m a bit concerned that the weather might cause issues, I just don’t know what to do, basically. Would welcome any thoughts and advice on this.

Interesting article @Alison54321 - this heat really is becoming too much.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Why is it hospital wards always seem to be kept at about 300 degrees c! Working on them is hell never mind being a patient trying to get better.

I hope you're starting to feel much better and hope you'll get home asap!

On ICU and HDU we had dyson fans and round the clock care. When I was moved to E4 a normal ward i was in a room of my own because of MRSA and it was like an oven in there 24/7, it was unbearable, but luckily I only had to endure 3 nights in there :)

Blowing air around with bugs and virus's in hospitals is potentially a breeding ground a nurse said:rolleyes:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good news at last. Hope you are feeling loads better now

Thank you, It will be a long slow recovery, but, I made it and I am looking forward to the future.

The diagnosis was Pneumonia- Sepsis and I have MRSA and also thrush in the mouth. a 10 day course of antibiotics to take a and other meds. So need to go and sort those out now.
Have a great day.

Reactions: Cumberland

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Night all. Just need to correct a 9.7 with my 17th shot of the day... new PB!
When you have a drink does it all spill out of your injection holes?
Whilst my remark is said in jest you have my utmost sympathies at 17.
I hope today and indeed the rest of your life runs better than 17.

Tony

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thank you, It will be a long slow recovery, but, I made it and I am looking forward to the future.

The diagnosis was Pneumonia- Sepsis and I have MRSA and also thrush in the mouth. a 10 day course of antibiotics to take a and other meds. So need to go and sort those out now.
Have a great day.
WOW . You really went for it then :). So glad you are home and on the road to recovery

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Robinredbreast, so good to hear you’re home now and hope that in ten days’ time you’ll be your old self again, bar the addition of a few bad memories.
Cross-infection in hospital’s a real problem and it’s a shame there wasn’t a portable air conditioner for your room.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
7.9 this morning on waking which I pleased with as yesterday’s lunch, a ‘bring a contribution’ one, or American Supper (?), was full of pastry-based and sugar-filled food. It was too good to say no to, and I paid for not splitting the dose with a before-driving handful of jelly babies followed by armfuls of novorapid as the weak-willed overindulgence kicked in when I got home. No carb supper last night - as if I needed any supper after the feast!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My diabetes dr has changed my long acting insulin to Treshiba, which I start this morning anyone with any knowledge or tips ?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, just back from the annual liaison with my local endo's.

Me: can I have libre sensors on prescription?
Doc: No sorry, :stop: your blood glucose levels are too well controlled. You need an a1c above 8.5 AND hypo unawareness.
Me: But my a1c is well controlled and I seldom have hypo's largely as a result of using the Libre.:facepalm:
Doc: I understand, but I don't make the rules. Sorry (again).

Lucky that I'm paid obscenely well then ! :banghead::greedy:
Okay, we just need to swap addresses, then we could both have Libre on prescription! Here in Somerset an a1c of 58 or below is what's demanded (plus about 10 other criteria). Mine's 64, working to get it down but without increased hypos as recommended by HCPs but struggling. No Libre for a few days during which time 4 hypos.... oh and you have to have this a1c to 'show you are motivated'. Sometimes the urge to punch someone's just irresistible :mad::mad::mad:

K

Knikki

@Knikki . Coffee. No sugar ( he nearly falls off settee laughing ).
Cake??????
Let's start with bottom of the cake ladder. ( personal opinion you understand )
Battenburg :***::***:

Fine on the cake choice I was aiming for chocolate cake anyway. Have a weakness for it. No sugar? No problem sweetnerscan be provided, I have 3 anyway :angelic:

@Knikki & @therower I’ll make some of my little lemon cakes and a quadruple espresso :)

Hmmmmmmmmm lemon ccccaaakkeess.
Quadruple espresso?????? Man you life on the edge :hilarious: I'll give it a go.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
My diabetes dr has changed my long acting insulin to Treshiba, which I start this morning anyone with any knowledge or tips ?

I find Tresiba very good. It gives me a very good straight(ish) line 90% of the time during the nights. It does last the full 24 hours (probably more)/ I know @Mel dCP isn't a fan of it. I am sure she will be along to give her side on it very soon :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Robinredbreast I'm glad to read you're home again :)

I ate at around 9mmol as I had to move, so I'm at 8.4 with a flat line now I'm home and have 3 poached eggs winking at me each time I pass them, I think this is one of the Lantus days where it works weakly but aren't moving until I see a rise or drop as if it's a 'weak' day I'll need a correction jab and I'll get no lunch :(

Tedious with a capital T......

@porl69 I'm to ring the clinic to get Tresiba & a pen on my repeat form at my leisure, like it's on me now, :) and I'm actually 'scared' about starting it, talking to myself as I go, "yes but" is a line often used....

Edit again :p 8.7mmol 2.45 hours after injection+correction, window cleaning tactics as I've a mile and a half to walk to work, eggs will appear to spike me at this point, if I take another correction I'd probably drop when I get going, so it's a pack up, and a pen, or fast (as in don't eat the eggs now) and probably drop this aft when the Lantus gets into turbo mode, or work out of sequence closer to home so's I can nip back for lunch.
^^Thinking out loud there, sorry :p

Last edited:
K

Knikki

Any reason why you didn't treat the 3.3 hypo?
I realise you later went up without the assistance of extra carbs but I was told to treat any hypo because your body may get used to experiencing the lower readings which leads to lack of hypo awareness.
As for why the rise, did your tea have highish fat as well as highish carbs? The fat may have delayed the BG rise (hence the hypo).
There are some meals that I had to do split injections for (it's easier on a pump) to avoid this drop and then rise. Things like pizza and pasta with creamy sauce.
I hope things flatten out today and you enjoy your afternoon cake.

Your right about treating the hypo, but I knew that a high would hit later on, yes there were probably fats in tea, bread, chips, fish fingers that would explain the vvvveeerrryyy slow up take.
It was a gamble to take and do not recommend it to anyone, but, ( yes going to be big head know it all now) having been diabetic for so long I have got used to the way I work.
Hence the reason/gamble for not dealing with the hypo last night.
I'm hypo aware but not as good as I used to be, which is why I'm more careful about testing, it is the joys of being an old f*rt :D
Anyway Etch A Sketch said LO so guess my dealing with it solved that problem.
Going to do the @Mel dCP Tetley tea bag approach to day.
Come join us later for coffee and cake :D

Last edited by a moderator: