Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Aaaaaargh! Ah well, wouldn't do for us all to be the same and someone has to like the wretched stuff :happy:

Beetroot is yummy and beetroot crisps too :hungry: It would be a boring world if we all liked the same things :rolleyes::)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aaaaaargh! Ah well, wouldn't do for us all to be the same and someone has to like the wretched stuff :happy:
If we were all the same life would be boring!! However I don’t like Marmite which is adored by many others

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Beetroot is yummy and beetroot crisps too :hungry: It would be a boring world if we all liked the same things :rolleyes::)

If we were all the same life would be boring!! However I don’t like Marmite which is adored by many others

Wouldn't it though! And anyway, if everyone loved Marmite we might run out :wideyed:

My favourite crisps are those quinoa, or lentil ones. Totally yummy!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, was woken up by feeling odd at 6am; 2.7, jelly babies, thought I'd go back to sleep but at 6.20 still at 2.7 gave in and got up and more jelly babies. Went to the tip with all the garden rubbish I meant to take before going on holiday so it was stinky and wet so I got filthy and smelly and came home to another low. I so hate eating because I have to and not because I want to, especially since I achieved something never before known and lost weight on holiday! Off into my neglected garden now to create more rubbish....have a good Sunday whatever you're up to

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow teabags/colanders and pumpers, hope you all had a good weekend

Now on a pump after 38 years of injections, so around 55,000 injections. Never had a n issue with injections, guess I was lucky. Up until about 5 years ago I was still using 8mm needles and only changing it about once a week, ( yeah I know now). I then changed to 5mm needles and was changing almost everytime.

Dont have an issue injecting. I find the best technique is simply, draw up insulin, prepare to inject, take deep breath and hold for 2/3 seconds, as I inject, breath out, and leave injection in for about 5 seconds.

Arms legs, inner thighs, stomach and bottom, used them all. Bottom I find is good for larger injection amounts , mainly Lantaus though it can be a bit of a pain to reach round

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Phew, hall carpet shampooed with the new (incredibly efficient) machine and upstairs hoovered all through.

Now comes some time just to chill. I'd get the stitching out but the weather is a bit close and sweaty; hate using my nice threads and needles with sweaty fingers!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Mornin all. Just saw this on the Frio site. Thought all you keto, dairy free, etc guys might like it - it’s American so a bit of product juggling probably needed.
https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/keto-strawberry-fudge-pops-624836/
They do look yummy.
Ooh, they look nice!

Smooth but sleepless night here, I may have overdone the gin a bit and if I do that I can’t sleep. Oops. Watched my blood sugar on my phone for entertainment, and was impressed how Loop saved me from going hypo by suspending insulin for about 3/4 of the night. That’s impressive. Finally dropped off at around 5am and woke up just now at 5.2mmol. I’m so impressed with this, it’s almost like having a pancreas! Looking at the graph, I spent most of the night in the low 4s. Currently building an updated version that will allow temporary overrides for days at a time, which will come in useful for hormonal fluctuations in insulin sensitivity.

@Robinredbreast - I made little pizzas last night using those big field mushrooms as bases. Was really tasty!

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg. Hope ur OK. Don't u test ur finger before bed?
Morning all, was woken up by feeling odd at 6am; 2.7, jelly babies, thought I'd go back to sleep but at 6.20 still at 2.7 gave in and got up and more jelly babies. Went to the tip with all the garden rubbish I meant to take before going on holiday so it was stinky and wet so I got filthy and smelly and came home to another low. I so hate eating because I have to and not because I want to, especially since I achieved something never before known and lost weight on holiday! Off into my neglected garden now to create more rubbish....have a good Sunday whatever you're up to

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg. Hope ur OK. Don't u test ur finger before bed?

The one thing you will find with type 1 the only consistent factor, is the inconsistency

As Scott C alluded to earlier you may think that if I eat x amount of carbs and take Y amount of insulin your BG will be fine and the same each day. Unfortunately our bodies are fairly complex and it does not work that way.

I know I each the same brekkie each morning at same time and do the same things for next 4 hours or so. Some days BG behaves as it should, others its high, others it goes low

Reactions: becca59

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Yeah - dunno what's going round but I ended up a 2.9 yesterday for no good reason whatsoever. Thankfully it was nothing a few Oreos couldn't fix :joyful::joyful:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Ooh, they look nice!

Smooth but sleepless night here, I may have overdone the gin a bit and if I do that I can’t sleep. Oops. Watched my blood sugar on my phone for entertainment, and was impressed how Loop saved me from going hypo by suspending insulin for about 3/4 of the night. That’s impressive. Finally dropped off at around 5am and woke up just now at 5.2mmol. I’m so impressed with this, it’s almost like having a pancreas! Looking at the graph, I spent most of the night in the low 4s. Currently building an updated version that will allow temporary overrides for days at a time, which will come in useful for hormonal fluctuations in insulin sensitivity.

@Robinredbreast - I made little pizzas last night using those big field mushrooms as bases. Was really tasty!

Impressive Mel, gin & Loop
Had a rough night here, two nights running now bs has climbed Snowdon. Changed cartridge so either fighting a night time lurgy or there’s a new diadevil in the hood.
How many times can Consultants say no to a pump. Going to have to put in the evidence again and go for the psycho factor too next time!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Impressive Mel, gin & Loop
Had a rough night here, two nights running now bs has climbed Snowdon. Changed cartridge so either fighting a night time lurgy or there’s a new diadevil in the hood.
How many times can Consultants say no to a pump. Going to have to put in the evidence again and go for the psycho factor too next time!

Didn't know whether to like the idea of going for the psycho angle, or hug for the sugars.

Have a loving hug!!
huge-hug-2.gif

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Psycho does psychological, and then tends to turn toddler-nasty if denied again!
Thanks for the hug. It’ll be a lazy day watching birds bathing in the pond.

Reactions: Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ooh, they look nice!

That sounds interesting Mel, as I am lover of mushrooms:) pizza was at someone else's house last night, my treat :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

That sounds interesting Mel, as I am lover of mushrooms:) pizza was at someone else's house last night, my treat :)

I thought that, and my husband agrees. Guess what he's picking up at the shops tomorrow! We have plenty of jackfruit, and if I make a decent sauce, we can have jackfruit and something pizza on mushroom bases. Yum!

I am hobbit like in my devotion to mushrooms. All. Any. Just gimme the mushies!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends, I woke up on a hypo and it is a mystery to solve - I was 7.7 before crashing.
As for injection, my dsn said to inject into the bingo wings. I haven’t injected into my arm in years though.
Hayfever going wild at the moment :(

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I thought that, and my husband agrees. Guess what he's picking up at the shops tomorrow! We have plenty of jackfruit, and if I make a decent sauce, we can have jackfruit and something pizza on mushroom bases. Yum!

I am hobbit like in my devotion to mushrooms. All. Any. Just gimme the mushies!

I am frying chestnut mushrooms with dinner tonight, but daughter does not like mushrooms