Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I am frying chestnut mushrooms with dinner tonight, but daughter does not like mushrooms

Can I have hers please? They'd go really well with my meal. We are having aduki beanburgers, jacket spuds, peas and broccoli. I'd like strawberries and yoghurt for dessert and husband always wants ice-cream.

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Ha! You get told bingo wings, I get told jodphurs - I was a size 14 and I'm 5'8" tall - jodphurs!!

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ha! You get told bingo wings, I get told jodphurs - I was a size 14 and I'm 5'8" tall - jodphurs!!

When she said it, I went home and looked for the bingo wings. I asked my bf “where are these bingo wings?”

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was told not to inject into arms. I am a bit of a rebel though and have done so on occasion. Unfortunately I bruise everywhere I inject and arms were no exception, which is not a good look.
Have just this week tried out another pizza base which I picked up on the online magazine Desang. It is similar to the fat head pizza, which I tried and hated. Far too rich! This uses a lot less almond flour and a shed load of grated courgette (eat so many of those am now growing them) an egg and Parmesan. With a few tinned toms and Mozzarella it came out at 10 carbs. I added garlic and assorted Italian meets. Absolutely yummy!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@becca59 - What's Desang focussed on please? I haven't come across it before.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Delticmatt100 I'm fine thanks. I've tested every night at bedtime for the past 30+ years and as others have said, sometimes you just can't explain why it goes t**s up. Might have been hot in the night, might have been good dreams/bad dreams/wrong duvet/colour of the sheets/none of the above. Just had to stop gardening to eat some (again unnecessary) ice cream as I've hit low 3s. Wasn't doing anything very strenuous, got very hot though so that's my answer to why this time. Still, a bit of the garden's looking tidier and I'm back up post ice cream so I'm off outside again.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Wonderful, kind husband has brought dinner forward! Well, it was either that or have me go and eat the contents of the fridge. I am soooooo hungry. Comes of doing so much physical work today when usually I work sat on my bottom.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Blimey all them factors.
I have the diabetes ice cream from asda. It's very nice. Glad to hear ur OK. :)

Reactions: WuTwo

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys currently on day 5 of my hols and levels are all over the place going high all the time despite extra insulin ive changed vials twice only got i left also ketones of o.6 any advice im drinking loads of water

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi guys currently on day 5 of my hols and levels are all over the place going high all the time despite extra insulin ive changed vials twice only got i left also ketones of o.6 any advice im drinking loads of water
Oh no, are you coming down with a bug, do you think? Do you still have the other vials or did you bin them? It could just be that you need more because you might be coming down with something. 0.6 isn’t catastrophic but keep an eye on it, lovely.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks mel dont feel like im coming down with anything but i take metformin with my insulin and was told not to let keytones go above 0.5 x

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Thanks mel dont feel like im coming down with anything but i take metformin with my insulin and was told not to let keytones go above 0.5 x

Keep a careful eye and phone in if you need to!

Reactions: karen8967

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

OK - gotta go - have good evenings, take care - have fun!

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
A late entrant to the beetroot chat, if you're ever in Eastern Europe, a creamy borscht or barszcz beetroot soup is like eating liquid silk, gorgeous.

1522910618108.jpg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

Oh poor you, what a holiday spoiler! I expect you’ve checked that the pens are working ok too?
If they are then maybe it’s an advance warning of a lurgy - immune system powering up?
Hope whatever’s causing it b’s off pronto. Hugs.

Reactions: WuTwo and karen8967

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetes a bit difficult to manage today, either it’s warm or just odd socks.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
For any newly dx'd who are worried about people "looking at them" when they are doing normal T1 stuff in public, I am currently located in my local pub, libre had reached the end of it's 14.5 days (the 0.5 freebie is courtesy of xdrip+), so, took my jacket off, pulled the MiaoMiao off it, rubbed the sticky stuff off, attached new stickers, planted it on the 24 hr pre-soaked libre on the other arm, calibrated it with a bg test, and then took an injection for my next pint.

No-one batted an eye-lid. Although that was mainly because they were all staring at their phones...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Was told not to inject into arms. I am a bit of a rebel though and have done so on occasion. Unfortunately I bruise everywhere I inject and arms were no exception, which is not a good look.
Have just this week tried out another pizza base which I picked up on the online magazine Desang. It is similar to the fat head pizza, which I tried and hated. Far too rich! This uses a lot less almond flour and a shed load of grated courgette (eat so many of those am now growing them) an egg and Parmesan. With a few tinned toms and Mozzarella it came out at 10 carbs. I added garlic and assorted Italian meets. Absolutely yummy!

I bruise easily too. Pizza sounds very nice @becca59