SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good afternoon,
I think I have caught a CBA Friday YYYYYYAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNN from @Knikki and I am less than half way through my tasks.
The yawn could also be from the spin class, It was a bit of a killer from a different teacher today. You could see a few people were working harder than usual. I was working so hard I was actually sweating (something I don't normally do) ... at least I thought I was sweating because I was working hard until my non-hypo brain kicked in and suggested a finger prick (whilst maintaining cadence) and it was 2.9. Two GlucoTabs later (whilst maintaining cadence), the sweating stopped and I was able to pedal faster.
Please don't tell my DSN that I carry on exercising during a hypo. And I hope no one else on the forum would so stupid to do such a thing. This is definitely a case of "do as I say and not as I do".

Once I have completed my cuppa, I will head back out to the supermarket for ingredient for carrot tarte tartin, beetroot and yoghurt dip, another bowl of muhammara and carrot, almond, coconut and pistachio cake. I can do most of the work before my parents arrive so I can chat to them instead of slaving over the stove.
The only question is whether the small loaf of sourdough and toasted sesame will be enough or whether I need to get last weeks flat sourdough loaf out of the freezer.
Wow love the idea of carrot tarte tatin @helensaramay Have you got a recipe and what is this muhammara, it sounds intriguing.
Amazing doing all that exercise and having a sweaty too. Well done! I won't tell anyone

Reactions: Kim Possible

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I do love to avoid Oxford tourists. I spend most of my life on the edges of the city, in the reserves with my two spaniels and mostly forget what the summer tourist congestion is like.
@ert, it's beastly, got walked into a number of times today and pushed into the gutter

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
BG still high @11.6, stuck in another dose to see if I can get it below 10. Haven't biffed any in since 6.30 this morning so no chance of going hypo. Like having the movement back in my shoulder though, it's amazing.Funny things steroids

Reactions: slip

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB I'd say the steroids have affected your BG - although I have to admit I've not committed to memory what your usual BGs are normally like so not sure if these numbers are unusually high for you........:rolleyes: (who needs enemies when you've got friends like me not knowing what your usual BGs are like :meh:)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I sometimes buy Nine bars or gf digestive biscuits and later this afternoon, I am hoping to make gf blueberry scones :hungry:

I like Nine bars, but seem to be having trouble getting hold of them recently - had to trek to Morrison's which is a pain as it's 6 miles away and past at least three other varieties of supermarket. I also like the gingerbread Nakd bars but they're also getting harder to get hold of in any of the supermarkets.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Blueberry 'scones' are in the oven :)

Blueberry 'scones' are out of the oven.............. and can't wait to taste :) :hungry:

scv20190802_161550 (3).jpeg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
‘Scones’ look great @Robinredbreast! It’s a sharing circle. When shall we all come round?
Tourists, lifeblood of the city here, it is said, but potential death to the libre with their backpacks. I too try to avoid the centre of town in the summer, just going in if I have to. The main coach park’s by the walking distance supermarket, and a lovely but narrow river walk into the centre. I think I need a recording of ‘Excuse me please’ on a loop. It’s really good, though, that they still seem to like coming here and I always try to help the ones who are lost. There was a woman from Mississippi a week or two ago who needed to find her way to the Cathedral, we walked there together and she called me Ma’am every time she said something. Total culture experience for me.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Well, my small bit of gardening today culminated with a surprise when I took it all to the compost heap. A headless seagull, spread out underneath the hazelnut tree. No head to be seen.
Cat’s black - secret feline satanic ritual? Fox (there was an attempt at a hole to store or bury it in)? Something we don’t know about the neighbours? And where’s the head?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, my small bit of gardening today culminated with a surprise when I took it all to the compost heap. A headless seagull, spread out underneath the hazelnut tree. No head to be seen.
Cat’s black - secret feline satanic ritual? Fox (there was an attempt at a hole to store or bury it in)? Something we don’t know about the neighbours? And where’s the head?
I don't know about seagulls, but with mice and rats my cats and dogs often start with eating the head, sometimes even leaving the rest. Heads must be tasty.

Reactions: Fairygodmother
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@slip yep, had a fave biscuit which set me up nicely thanks! P-day is two weeks away.....I've already booked the live in baby-sitter for when I'm working and out of the house for 11 hours a day a couple of days in September (actually it's a good friend who volunteered to 'come and look after the puppy' which I think translates to play with and spoil her :))

Don't forget cuddles, pets and kisses and more cuddles, pets and kisses :happy:

Reactions: hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Daughter doesn't like gulls, she told me about something that happened, possibly on FB and I shuddered, so I will leave it at that.
Lots of gulls around here and they were very, very vocal this morning, I keep thinking about Alfred Hitchcocks 'The Birds' better not tell daughter about that film :nailbiting:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay I'm happy to share the excitement. I so miss my girl and a new puppy won't replace her but will be a whole new personality to learn, and a distraction.

@ert this one, like the last two, is a german short-haired pointer. My husband was a falconer and they're often used as falconry dogs. I love the breed; I like the temperament, the way they move, their sense of humour, and with family and friends I really appreciate the fact that they like, and are very good with, children.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB I'd say the steroids have affected your BG - although I have to admit I've not committed to memory what your usual BGs are normally like so not sure if these numbers are unusually high for you........:rolleyes: (who needs enemies when you've got friends like me not knowing what your usual BGs are like :meh:)
Agree it's the steroid @slip, although I do complain roundly about Madam BG, I bought a 5 badge just the other day so celebrate the achievement. It's now sitting in the kitchen staring longingly at me. Normal service will be resumed shortly