Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning guys, it's Saturday and the sun was out bright and early. BG was climbing last night, so I took 1 unit of insulin about 4 am and at least I am in single figures now.
I have to defrost and clean out freezer, I left it to long and the door wasn't shutting properly, so going to have to cook some foods this morning and unfortunately throw some out, which I don't like doing and tomorrow I have work.
Hope you all have a great weekend :)

I liked the single figures - v. sorry about the freezer, but happy cooking!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
About to go out for a walk with 20 to 30 elderly (well, from my 42 year old viewpoint) diabetics.
I don't even like walking, and the prospect of chatting to 20 strangers is scary stuff but I can only blame myself.
A couple of weeks ago I noticed there was this walk with diabetics through the newsletter of a Dutch diabetic association and still half asleep and sipping my first morning coffee I decided to call for more information. The 73 year old on the other end was so full of enthousiasm about their regular walks that I felt I couldn't back out, so off I go!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
About to go out for a walk with 20 to 30 elderly (well, from my 42 year old viewpoint) diabetics.
I don't even like walking, and the prospect of chatting to 20 strangers is scary stuff but I can only blame myself.
A couple of weeks ago I noticed there was this walk with diabetics through the newsletter of a Dutch diabetic association and still half asleep and sipping my first morning coffee I decided to call for more information. The 73 year old on the other end was so full of enthousiasm about their regular walks that I felt I couldn't back out, so off I go!

Have a great time, I signed up to one last week and they go to different places on different days, slower walks and quicker walks too, so a bit of slow, slow, quick, quick, slow :D

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm sure you'll find something interesting comes out of this, and you'll end up enjoying it.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone,

blood sugar rose a little at around 1 am, so I had to correct it, and waste time looking at the internet while I waited to see what it did. Was very stubborn, only rose to about 8.4, but I know if I leave it it'll go higher, so I had to push it down a bit. I'm sure there is a sort of sweet spot blood sugar level, that if I go to sleep with, I will wake with a perfect straight line, I don't know what it is, but I know it's not 8.4, and sleeping with that will test the basal beyond endurance.

Anyway, I got it under control, and avoided a hypo, and got back to sleep, so that'll do.

In quite a good mood today for some reason, so hope to get lots of things done..............

Reactions: Marie 2

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I have been very virtuous and have sorted all my kindle books stored at Amazon into collections, so that when they're downloaded they're really quick to find. I have been using a kindle - in various incarnations - since 2010, and there are a lot of books stored. I was losing track, so although I've been feeling very nerdy it will pay off in the long run as I will have more time reading, and less searching!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

The other 26Gb of books are stored on my hard drive (and the back up, and the back up's back-up). I will never read them all but it's good to have the choices, and I just email the one I want to read to my kindle and Amazon pop it on my kindle for me.

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all. A somewhat surprised 4.9 this morning (basal is behaving beautifully - I was a 5.1 going to sleep last night). Mind you, truly excellent meditation session last night - very calming in many ways.

Little Tutti is snuggled beside me, smelling like warm cinnamon biscuits (her happy smell) and I have hot, strong, black coffee.

Louis Armstrong’s one of my ‘play while cooking’ cds, soooo good. Ella Fitzgerald too. Have a wonderful day.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh @antje, please don’t lead them all into the mud, though the thought of a lot of oldies, like me, having a happy hippo mud bath is very appealing.

Reactions: WuTwo

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It was all going so well, lovely levels yesterday and overnight, thought I’d cracked it with the new Levemir doses then it seems the ruddy Fiasp’s run out of puff. I so wish there were a way of getting a warning. New cartridge in. Fresh Fiasp injected, a little crossly (only pain is in my irritated head) and just hope my analysis is right and hunkydory here I come.

Reactions: Alison54321

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I used to like dunking HobNobs (or the Sainsbury's equivalents - Oaty Round biscuits) - both versions are vegan btw, but we don't often have biccies in the house now - he likes butter shortbread which I won't eat, and I eat too many Oaty Rounds.... I'll cheerfully munch biscuits and then wonder why I haven't any room for dinner :rolleyes: so now I don't bother. I'd rather have dinner, so there's no point.

At work, as a kindness to the boss, no-one brings food in. He is a total foodaholic and will eat until there's no food left, so we don't bring any except our lunches. He has a health problem and isn't supposed to put any more weight on. We like him, so we look after him whether he wants us to or not!

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Walk was fun, very friendly people, very pretty surroundings :) . But instead of the promised 45 minutes to an hour it was one and a half hour through grass and mud and holes. And I couldn't even complain about my feet, back or chafed thighs without embarrassing myself as they were all 20 to 40 years older than my mere 42 years...
Well, that'll teach me talking about old people.

Last edited:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was up and out very early today running loads of errands, doing food shopping, ordering stuff for the rehabilitation of a large concrete slab in the garden. It used to have a wooden building which became so dilapidated it eventually had to be taken down and has been bare for the last 4 years, and looking more and more unsightly. So I'm going to have it paved and put a new shed and some seating on it. A mate's going to do it for me, and I've been touring the local builder's merchants to get the best deal on the sand and cement, and I need more gravel for the area around it. All arriving on Tuesday, except of course the paving, and once that's here he'll get underway with it.

It's all bad timing really as my bathroom's being entirely taken out and replaced starting Monday week and none of these jobs will be finished by the time puppy arrives. Still, it means she'll get to meet lots of people and experience new things I guess.

@Antje77 , what breeds of dog do you have and what are their names?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Back from holiday to discover that someone drove into my car while we were away. No info left, just a scrape down passenger side. I am raging.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Diakat - that's a really mean thing to do! Are any of your neighbours likely to have seen anything?