Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, take care everyone and sending a :

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( GROUP HUG ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
whatever your'e doing today, take care and stay safe X​

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
E-mail from HR Director this morning stating that as manufacturers of medical equipment we are an essential service and so cleared to travel to work if we need to.

But news this morning too that a work colleague has a fever and cough. I was in the factory with him on Friday and suddenly it feels a bit 'closer to home'.

Stay safe folks.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all, Porl mate, best wishes to the family, 4.0 waking for me so it's crazy how 1u extra on my basal has dropped my bloods overnight over the course of 3 days.

Note to self: climbing step ladders and starting the annual spring-clean by cleaning windows and tops of kitchen units will lower your blood sugars rapidly!

I hear you there :) I've spent the last 18 years shinning up ladders cleaning windows and have fallen off a couple of times hypo, I've got stuck on a couple of roofs with the same complaint too :p :p

1 hour 6 minutes and the wallpaper supplier opens so I'll find out if I can order around 55 square metres of lining paper to be delivered :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@porl69 hoping your brother is one of the many for whom this is a mild illness, and that you and your wife remain healthy.

@Fairygodmother I don’t know whether your pessimism is right or not. I keep thinking about this, I understand that panic buying has stripped the shelves but ultimately we aren’t consuming more food as a nation so unless there is a supply issue (and none of the manufacturers are reporting this currently), once the safety stock is replenished things should return to normal stock levels... but things like bread and eggs are remaining out of stock in my local stores. I’m slightly baffled by this as I would have thought for bread the short life means they’d be made every day anyway, and for the eggs it’s not like the chickens care is it?
I think my worry comes from noting the number of labels stating that produce has been grown elsewhere, just concerned about disrupted supply chains.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all, at least it’s sunny again.
@LooperCat, applause and stay well, please
@porl69 hug, and a virtual one for your brother
There’s a petition out to provide better financial support for the self employed. I know a few of you are, and it’s a more than worrying time. Yes, I’ve signed it.
Oh, and 6.1 on waking so not unhappy. Have had to up the basal again with reduction in walking, trudging around with compost doesn’t quite match it.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

I hear you there :) I've spent the last 18 years shinning up ladders cleaning windows and have fallen off a couple of times hypo, I've got stuck on a couple of roofs with the same complaint too :p :p

1 hour 6 minutes and the wallpaper supplier opens so I'll find out if I can order around 55 square metres of lining paper to be delivered :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I did think of you as I was checking my instinct I was on the low side was right then deciding coming down the ladder for a snack would be a Jolly Good Idea.

Reactions: kev-w

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Robinredbreast - relationships at a distance can be hard, but then can work and in fact, they can deepen.

When I met him, my OH lived in the south west, whilst I'm in the midlands, then we had a number of years when I was still in a proper job, where I expected to actually attend once in a while, he spent much more time overseas than I could.

We weren't able to be in contact all day, every day, as we both always had things to get on with - whether work, business or time differences, but we spoke every single day, via Skype. Over wifi, it's free, and of course there's WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger too now, so there's no additional cost involved, provided you have wifi. WhatsAppo is very light on mobile data too, if that's how you operate. I'm not a Facebook fan per se, so can't comment on it.

If the relationship is strong, you'll manage, and there's never an awkward gap in the conversation when you get together again. There's usually a lot to catch up on.

I feel for you.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a fantastic walk with my dog - blue sky with faint stripes of cloud, horses in fields, sunny and warm. We stopped to watch a buzzard which flew out of a tree and started to climb searching for thermals, then was joined by another buzzard. So quiet and peaceful, it felt how it did when I moved here nearly 30 years ago. Hope you can all find something as great in your day, whatever it might be for you.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, was just too busy yesterday......! Mind you am still too busy really but people can wait to get their issues sorted for a bit - friends mean more at the mo. So take care everyone, especially @porl69 and superstar @LooperCat - if covid19 doesn't change the world for the better then we are all doomed at some point in the future.

BGs have been pretty amazing recently.

Can I also suggest those that have Libre sensors that you might want to stock up a bit to give yourself a buffer.
Just saying.....

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, the sun's out and the birds are singing, I've even seen a few bees. Feel very positive so long as I don't think.
BG badge today, a special one, 4.4 so all the gardening is clearly a good thing. Now the recycling centre has closed, what am I going to do with all the perennial weeds? They can't go in the compost bin because the seeds won't be killed
Tomorrow I've got to order repeat meds, mmm starting to think!!

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
E-mail from HR Director this morning stating that as manufacturers of medical equipment we are an essential service and so cleared to travel to work if we need to.

But news this morning too that a work colleague has a fever and cough. I was in the factory with him on Friday and suddenly it feels a bit 'closer to home'.

Stay safe folks.

Stay safe yourself buddy. There have been a few cases in Bristol? A member of my freinds band from that area has been confirmed COVID & he's self isolating too.. Though, no news regarding him yet.

A few weeks back he came to one of my band's gigs (in Brizzol.) & I invited him up for a jam & singalong..
Who, knew...

Reactions: urbanracer and hh1

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just had a nice bike ride, it's said the exercise should be for the same time as your normal exercise so that's about what I did, pretty quiet but those out were keeping a reasonable distance but still saying hello in passing, it won't be as much fun in the wet but still doable.
13.6 miles and the last mile with a dropping blood so I cheated when I got in and ate a Twix finger and had had 2 dextrose tabs mid way.

Reactions: hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I still have my eye laser treatment tomorrow at the hospital, so it hasn't been cancelled, unless I am feeling ill, with COVID symptoms, then not to go. So I think I will walk there and back, 40 minutes each way, so good exercise and weather should be nice again too. Must remember to wear sunglasses.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I still have my eye laser treatment tomorrow at the hospital, so it hasn't been cancelled, unless I am feeling ill, with COVID symptoms, then not to go. So I think I will walk there and back, 40 minutes each way, so good exercise and weather should be nice again too. Must remember to wear sunglasses.

ps both back garden fences are painted, dark oak, but I need to get another tub, but it will have to wait as it's not essential shopping.

Reactions: SueJB

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4 houses down the road an ambulance and a first responder. First responder donned full suit and helmet with visor. CHILLING! Thoughts with the family, who I don’t know. It could have been many things but precautions obviously taken.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ps both back garden fences are painted, dark oak, but I need to get another tub, but it will have to wait as it's not essential shopping.

You'd maybe be able to order it online for delivery as hardware stores 'appear' to be exempt from closing for now.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spent most of the day trying to sort out a leak, the washing machine’s decided that if nobody can travel far then it’ll provide its own Niagara Falls Experience. Plumbers are working really hard as everyone panics and gets work done, and they’re only doing emergency jobs. Hope to have the washing machine fixed tomorrow or Thursday, just waiting for the slot to be confirmed. One of the users has just returned from Switzerland, arriving just before Boris’ announcements yesterday so all her stuff was washed Niagara or not.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Spent most of the day trying to sort out a leak, the washing machine’s decided that if nobody can travel far then it’ll provide its own Niagara Falls Experience. Plumbers are working really hard as everyone panics and gets work done, and they’re only doing emergency jobs. Hope to have the washing machine fixed tomorrow or Thursday, just waiting for the slot to be confirmed. One of the users has just returned from Switzerland, arriving just before Boris’ announcements yesterday so all her stuff was washed Niagara or not.

Hi @Fairygodmother ,

Where is the leak coming from? Under the machine or from the back?

Edit; is the machine draining properly?