Type 2 Type 2 and asthma.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me again.

I don't start the brown preventer until next week. I am on the blue inhaler, 2 puffs twice a day using a spacer.

I am having real trouble with a racing heart, trembling and feeling panicky for hours after each dose of 2 puffs.

Any ideas please?

D

Deleted member 308541

Me again.

I don't start the brown preventer until next week. I am on the blue inhaler, 2 puffs twice a day using a spacer.

I am having real trouble with a racing heart, trembling and feeling panicky for hours after each dose of 2 puffs.

Any ideas please?
My Airomir inhaler gives me the shakes / trembles in my hands as well, I have never used a spacer so I cannot comment on that.

images

Reactions: jjraak

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me again.

Any ideas please?
I hope you won’t need the blue inhaler much, if at all once you’ve started the brown one. I’ve heard of the Ventolin shakes if a lot is taken, maybe contact your HCPs sooner than next week though as that doesn’t sound good.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds similar to my event where i refused to take.

might be as simple as one you won't get on with one type but another is fine.
(i went Ventolin ( turbo charger i think it was.).:***:..on to salbutomol..much better for me)

not sure if you actually have brown inhaler yet, was there a reason you got the Blue only?
I got both together because they work in tandem, with the brown doing most of the unsung work.

I don't use a spacer, i just hold in mouth, breathe a normal deep slowish breathe and
time the spray so i inhale normally on the 'In' stroke.

Do mention to docs as soon as possible.
if you get reactions your most unlikely to want to spray as required

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
right it seems i have to back track slightly

Concerned i looked on line.

turns out salbutomol and Ventolin are the same thing.
Ventiolin is the COCA COLA of the inhlaer world, the original medicine and
salbutomol is a panda pop, a generic version.

Looking deeper the inhaler causing me issues was the tube type one on the left.
My bad..But it was many years ago..:sorry:..click medication
https://www.healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/Asthma-medications-and-inhaler-devices

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

I start the brown preventer next week. Does the brown one cause shaking?
I have never had a brown inhaler, only the blue, red , greeny blue ones which I am using at present. It's only the blue Airomir that I get the tremors from using it.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello again, I am just using the brown preventer and spacer this week and next week, then I see the nurse again.

Is there a way of stopping the first breath feeling like it has hit the back of my throat, making me feel panicky? I think my technique is right, judging from the asthma UK video for tidal breathing, but you are an expert, and may have insider suggestions please .

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again, I am just using the brown preventer and spacer this week and next week, then I see the nurse again.

Is there a way of stopping the first breath feeling like it has hit the back of my throat, making me feel panicky? I think my technique is right, judging from the asthma UK video for tidal breathing, but you are an expert, and may have insider suggestions please .
Are you using the spacer for the brown inhaler? It does have a kind of choking feeling to begin with. I find if I squirt it into the spacer then breath in gradually and slowly rather than a short sudden breath it’s not so bad. You’ll still get all of the med however slowly you inhale it, as it’ll just sit in the spacer til you’ve breathed in five or six times.

Edit to add, oh I see you said spacer! Duh! Sorry x

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you using the spacer for the brown inhaler? It does have a kind of choking feeling to begin with. I find if I squirt it into the spacer then breath in gradually and slowly rather than a short sudden breath it’s not so bad. You’ll still get all of the med however slowly you inhale it, as it’ll just sit in the spacer til you’ve breathed in five or six times.

Edit to add, oh I see you said spacer! Duh! Sorry x
Thanks, I tried that way this morning, and it was much better.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
All I can say is when the preventer hits my lungs it's the most soothing sensation I have ever felt.
I think the spacer is the best way to go I have one, grandson had one and also my daughter when grandson was young the spacer was the only way he managed to get a proper dose.

I just wish my GP would see sense and give me back my brown inhaler.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All I can say is when the preventer hits my lungs it's the most soothing sensation I have ever felt.
I think the spacer is the best way to go I have one, grandson had one and also my daughter when grandson was young the spacer was the only way he managed to get a proper dose.

I just wish my GP would see sense and give me back my brown inhaler.
Why has your doctor stopped your preventer?

D

Deleted member 308541

I have just taken all of my morning inhalations to help my airbags battle with the smoke from the bush fires that is blowing our way at present.

OTUz477.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Why has your doctor stopped your preventer?
I take prednisolone and he thinks that the steroids in the inhaler would increase the steroids in my system too much tried to argue that the amount in the inhaler is inconsequential in comparison to the preds and as I have been taking preds at higher doses than at present for years it would not really make a difference asthma clinic nurse agrees with me managed to get him to write me a script for the inhaler but ended up as a one off frustrating to say the least.