Type 2: Habc1 Results

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, I wanted to post my result today as I was delighted but I could only find a thread for type 1s so I thought I would start this thread.
I saw the Doctor today after having my blood test yesterday . He was delighted with my results! 2 years ago my HAbc1 was 59. For 18 months now my results have been, 44, 43 and 43 at my 6 monthly blood tests. My doctor was delighted and suggested I stopped my metformin (currently 2 per day) and that I would have another blood test and review in 3 months!
Thank you to this website, LCHF and swimming!

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, I wanted to post my result today as I was delighted but I could only find a thread for type 1s so I thought I would start this thread.
I saw the Doctor today after having my blood test yesterday . He was delighted with my results! 2 years ago my HAbc1 was 59. For 18 months now my results have been, 44, 43 and 43 at my 6 monthly blood tests. My doctor was delighted and suggested I stopped my metformin (currently 2 per day) and that I would have another blood test and review in 3 months!
Thank you to this website, LCHF and swimming!

Congratulations you’re heading towards remission!

Reactions: Debandez

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Congratulations from a fellow Yorkshire T2. Direction of travel and result very positive.
Despite my avatar, I don't enjoy swimming, but wish I did because it is clearly very good exercise.

Reactions: Prem51 and Debandez

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Congrats the work is paying off

Reactions: Prem51

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on all your hard work to combat this disease.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@rhubarb73 wow! I have just read your first post in your thread ' 3 things I have achieved' . Wow! You have done amazingly well! Congratulations!

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
@rhubarb73 wow! I have just read your first post in your thread ' 3 things I have achieved' . Wow! You have done amazingly well! Congratulations!

Thank you. I’m pleased with my progress. You should be pleased with yours too.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations well done you - i love swimming but prefer it outdoors to in a pool but not very practical much of the year in the UK! Great that you have kept it all up and are getting sustained result time for celebrations

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 thank you. I’m curious now to see if it makes any difference to my morning bs result with not having metformin.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great result @mo53.
Keep on with the swimming and LCHF, and, most important, keep posting and motivating others.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

DavidSilvaOlè

Do you have a copy of the meals you’ve been eating ? My Habc1 is 59 at the moment. I’m recently diagnosed Type 2 and don’t take any medication yet. I want to try and manage my diabetes through my diet and would love to heading towards the numbers you have achieved. You must be so proud of yourself. Congratulations

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Do you have a copy of the meals you’ve been eating ? My Habc1 is 59 at the moment. I’m recently diagnosed Type 2 and don’t take any medication yet. I want to try and manage my diabetes through my diet and would love to heading towards the numbers you have achieved. You must be so proud of yourself. Congratulations
Hi David. I hope you don't mind me butting in but are you testing your blood sugar levels ? I ask this as recipes are one thing but really finding out what your body can tolerate is another. Best thoughts in all events

DavidSilvaOlè

No worries pal - I pick up my blood testing kit from my GP at my next appointment on 31/8. I’m eating overnight oats and some blueberries for breakfast and chicken/turkey/ fish with veg for my meals. I’m eating some nuts and seeds as a snack in between meals and have increased my water intake. Any advice would be welcome from anyone.