Type 2 Life

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 am
lovely sunrise this morning over the Tay.
It'll be a walk later..... and then work in the afternoon..... and out for food tonight, fingers crossed
Good day to all
Hj

Reactions: 16 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to reality and work today. 6.5 after getting up, which compares unfavourably to the 4.3 recorded before getting into bed and the 4.6 I had at 6pm just prior to dinner.

Reactions: 13 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
After a lie in and a flurry of activity before testing I had a not so great 6.7 today.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

5 8 for me today. Can't complain really after last night festivities.

Not sure about the Thai fishcakes, should have been OK with the fillet steak, onions and mushrooms and red wine although the mashed potatoes were probably pushing it a bit but I guess it was the blackcurrant cheesecake that really messed things up.

God It was nice though. ....

Apartment cleaning today, few beers and a final swim later then flying back home this evening -by the looks of it, straight into a thunderstorm :eek:

Reactions: 21 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 fasting today. Pounding headache again though. Gonna increase my fluid intake & see if that helps any. Hope you all have a good day. Best of health everyone. X

View attachment 14866

I do have to say increasing my water intake I have had less headaches as well as muscle tightness at the back of my neck(upper traps' if your interested) has reduced. Therefore reducing my mechanical headaches.

But the number of nocturnal bathroom trips reminds me of being heavily pregnant. Not happy.

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this am. 9 miles yesterday walking round the capital.

Today; British Museum, Houses of Parliament, afternoon tea (???) and The Globe tonight - Much Ado About Nothing. Chance of thunderstorms so that will be interesting.

This makes sense, the atmosphere is so 'dense' right now.... Hope you have an amazing day, with a thunderstorm it sounds like it will be memorable!

Reactions: 9 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Better post my Morning-BS

Again not fasting as had a snack of seeds/5 raspberries/1 tbs natural coconut yogurt, quite late as I wanted it.

Starting to notice the less I eat in the evening the lower my F-BS is...grrr. Why-o-Why does my body not like what taste buds likes?????

What's wrong grazing at night with a glass or 2 of red, putting the world to rights or discussing the merits of Rick James in lyrca had on funk music in the 1980's hmmm?

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Only that there at no merits to funk music - except perhaps that it's not rap.

In my view that is the only word in the English language to start worth a silent c.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Tim55 you should've been here last night, your comments would've sparked passion and sharp intakes of breath and another bottle might have been opened ;)

Do you dislike early Gil Scott Heron? With widely recognised 'the revolution will not be televised' fame? Or 'Whitney is on the moon'? Poetry set to music man.... bringing it back to the big D, his mother had D, was even in a Diabetic coma a time or two. Even as bad as the Diabetic services is now in the UK, it certainly isn't as bad as a non-insured poor person in 1960's US.

See what I did there? :cool:

Reactions: 6 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Oh yeah, nicely worked. Respect!

Now I am all for cracking another bottle and am never afraid of controversy but I have to admit I am totally unaware of the artists and work you mentioned - I guess if you really don't like the genre you never go looking for the pearls, and my tastes are rather more basic guitar based rock. ...

Having said that, while you were grazing on red last night I was too, but I was being entertained by a guy name Quike Navarro at the bar here.

Never quite seen an act like it - basically electric fiddle soloist playing along to popular music tracks, but not to a backing track as such in that he had a sound man on a mixing desk and the whole thing worked brilliantly.

His version of the devil came down to Georgia really rocked, although my wife got a bit concerned when he laid his fiddle at my feet. ...

Point its I guess you are able to have your conversations, I am still able to enjoy live music and we can both enjoy a glass of red or two - in my view that's the important thing, the "life" bit, just push the type 2 into the background!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4,8 am
the morning is grey and wet and not looking like yesterday at all.
Take care chums
Hj

Reactions: 9 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 this morning tomorrow will be interesting cause got fish and Chip night at work tonight. It's from the local yummy chippy

Reactions: 10 people