Type 2 Life

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found out today that as well as having a confirmed diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome and suspected ADHD I also received a diagnosis of full blown emotionally unstable personality disorder (ICD-10 Classification - World Health Organisation) which could explain a lot of the difficulties I have with managing my type 2 diabetes mellitus and impulsive comfort eating and extreme emotionality could be contributing to high blood sugars. I ate curried tuna and rice for my dinner at quarter to 5 this afternoon and my blood sugar just now at 8:37 pm was 11.7 mmol.
@johnnybaker45 it may have been the rice that sent your BS so high

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, sorry not been around much recently. Going back to work after the Easter Hols has been SO hard, since I know I'm likely to be made redundant at the end of this term I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself!!
On the plus side, I celebrated my one year LCHF anniversary by buying myself a Fitbit Charge HR fitness tracker and have been driving my family batty by trying to hit all my targets :hilarious: Don't suppose anyone on here is a "fitbitter" and would consider being my fitbit friend??
I'm catching up on previous posts ... forgive me if I've missed anything big!
Hi @Alzebra sorry to hear about the job status, can't help.
I too have a HR and have to say ever so slightly underwhelmed... I don't have a smart phone, so sync with my PC. I think the software is really poor, not too impressed with steps... way too many when just cooking! It really can't count stairs, we have two sets at work and it is clueless the number of times I go up and down. It rarely tracks through the night... will say what my sleep has been but again the software has really poor resolution...
Thinking of giving it away as it really does not tell me anything I didn't know before.... :arghh:
Buy in haste, repent in...... leisure....:):(

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 am
late lunch yesterday, 15:45 as work was bonkers, no walks, hot bath in the evening.
Bright and cool round here.

Reactions: 6 people

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mmmm 7.0 this morning.

Yesterday I was 6.3 after breakfast, then 6.4 after excercise And before lunch then 5.0 after lunch And again at 18:30, 5.3 before dinner And 6.0 afterwards.

Yesterday I felt really cold And tired so tucked up on the sofa for the afternoon.....maybe I am sickening for something!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Oh dear, woke up to 7.0 this morning. I might have been overtired, I did a lot of walking yesterday and had quite a disturbed night. Still, today is a new day

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
A very good morning to everyone on the www.diabetes.co.uk forum,

My fasting blood glucose level was 5.5. millimoles per litre this morning.

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
At dieticians late morning. I wonder what her scales weigh me as?
Son needs a waistcoat for his trip to beamish soon. Charity shop here I come. He has to dress as an urchin. Obviously waistcoat cheaper than a full winter coat in them days. How things have changed? Thanks to Primark and others.
Hum..... waistcoat hunting ahoy!

Reactions: 6 people

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I had a slip this morning, I had 2 cups of tea made with my usual 2 Tetley teabags, cuz I like a nice strong brew, and Coffeemate and 3 sugars in each. I struggle with sweetener, it doesn't taste the same as sugar. But I know I have to get used to sweetener if I want to have good blood sugars. I'm really struggling with this. My blood sugars were up from my fbg of 5.5 to 9.1 when I took it just now at 10:33 pm.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Gone up this morning to 7.3. Since being diabetic I really feel the cold which I never did before, has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? Thanks

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Morning all. Gone up this morning to 7.3. Since being diabetic I really feel the cold which I never did before, has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? Thanks
Hi maureen5752, yes now and then...i take a tablespoon of good olive oil before my meals and it def' helps,clive

Reactions: 5 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I had a slip this morning, I had 2 cups of tea made with my usual 2 Tetley teabags, cuz I like a nice strong brew, and Coffeemate and 3 sugars in each. I struggle with sweetener, it doesn't taste the same as sugar. But I know I have to get used to sweetener if I want to have good blood sugars. I'm really struggling with this. My blood sugars were up from my fbg of 5.5 to 9.1 when I took it just now at 10:33 pm.
Hi johnnybaker45, have you tried stevia,might be better than most artificial sweetners,clive

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi maureen5752, yes now and then...i take a tablespoon of good olive oil before my meals and it def' helps,clive
Hi clivethedrive, long time no hear, thanks for that advice, I've never liked to wear much as I've always been a warm person, now I'm always very cold, never worn so many clothes in my life, my heating bills have really gone up! It was always my daughter that felt the cold not me, my feet are the worst but I'm cold alover. Your still getting good bgs I see. Have a great day

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello @johnnybaker45 you can see what your three spoonfuls of sugar did to your blood glucose levels. As Clive said stevia could be your answer. It is sold in most supermarkets next to the sweeteners, one brand name is" truvia" and it won't spike your blood glucose levels like sugar does.

Reactions: 4 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @johnnybaker 45, well done on your morning reading. I wish I could have a low waking reading like that.

My guess is that your mid morning reading was raised because of the sugar in your tea. I suggest that you follow the good advice of @13lizanne and others and try Stevia/Truvia. If you really can't bear the sweeteners, you could replace one of your 3 spoonfuls of sugar with Truvia for a couple of days, then replace 2 spoonfuls for a couple of days and finally replace all three. Within a week I bet you'll be used to the taste.

It sounds as though you are trying very hard. Do keep asking for advice if you need it. I've found people on here to be very helpful.

Reactions: 5 people

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
A very good afternoon to all my mutual sufferers of type 2 diabetes mellitus,

I have just eaten my lunch of curried tuna with rice with 1 can of tuna in sunflower oil, a sprinkle of all-purpose seasoning and a sprinkle of curry powder and 1 mug of rice and a put a pinch of salt in the rice. A long while afterwards, I took my blood sugar and it was 10.9.

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well dietician appointment showed I'd added weight. Excellent bgs but I guess insulin adding weight but stopping me from having complications. I felt like a naughty school child. I listened to the advice of stopping lchf diet til wednesday next week. (Dn appointment)
They are going to gang up on me, I guess.
I'll try anything. I just want to lose weight. :(

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Well dietician appointment showed I'd added weight. Excellent bgs but I guess insulin adding weight but stopping me from having complications. I felt like a naughty school child. I listened to the advice of stopping lchf diet til wednesday next week. (Dn appointment)
They are going to gang up on me, I guess.
I'll try anything. I just want to lose weight. :(
I can lock you in the cupboard under the stairs for a couple of weeks...you can share the mouse's food