Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Ian and Mrs Cumbs, sitting in a tree......

K I S S I N G lol

You just brought back a host of memories of when as a kid there was this huge Cedar Tree in the village that was an easy one to climb
It was big it was strong and easily held 4 of us in its branches

Now I can barely climb the stairs lol

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It's been glorious here this afternoon! During my 20-minute skive I sat outside on the bench for a while and it was (almost) too hot. It's going to be cooling off again after today, though. :(

It has been a lovely last 9 or 10 days here but noticeably has seen a huge drop in temp and no sun today whatsoever

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Just rejioned twice this time so not so bad, @ Liam you were very kind and the thought was there so I very much appreciate it thanks. diamum5957. Ok you make the cake I'll do Iranian sweet with dates & walnuts & saffron. Deal!
Lol that's a deal and a half! I have a friend whose ex partner is Iranian and he's a fantastic cook

Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

@eddie1968 roast pork for us, Jersey Royals and buttered cabbage & leek. Pork been in slow cooker all day. Will take of skin/fat and crisp in oven whilst veg cooking
I've been slow-cooking pork all day, too, all the posts on here about pulled pork have been sharpening my tastebuds, so that's what we're having tomorrow. I may even test a few roast potatoes (for the first time since diagnosis).....

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Having dinner and between this and Once Upon a Time on Netflix. Brightening up now and sunny spells. :)

Reactions: 6 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cant put it off any longer going to Tesco for a food shop fassen rassen

Reactions: 3 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol that's a deal and a half! I have a friend whose ex partner is Iranian and he's a fantastic cook
Until I became diabetic it was almost always Iranian food in my house, even some Xmas dinners, sadly that's had to change but my cupboards are full of Iranian stuff for meals ect. Friends/family bring & send Iranian stuff for me, I never went above 48kilos in Iran usualy lower, food there is so healthy, I ate so much there, I still cook some of the healthy foods, meat fish. Chicken ect with celery, lady fingers,courgettes, lentils ect, but sadly not the desserts tho I make for my daughter, it's a family orientated country & food is important there, pity I can't cook for you all, I took some Iranian foods to the X -pert course and the staff took the food home with them, post a pic of your cake before you all eat it.

Reactions: 7 people

Digger-i-doo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine understand but don't want to change with me. Hence I'm on my own, except for you guys. ♡♥♡

Yup! I'm also on my own with my diet. No one in my house wants to touch any of what I make! Which is too bad for them because I'm getting good at this and really enjoy my food. I sometimes bring in my baked goods to share with work buddies ... at least they appreciate it!

Reactions: 5 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahh, thank you, I was wondering. I don't have one of those 'all bells & whistles' phones. You can't even put an app on it :eek:

Reactions: 5 people
D

debrasue

K I S S I N G lol

You just brought back a host of memories of when as a kid there was this huge Cedar Tree in the village that was an easy one to climb
It was big it was strong and easily held 4 of us in its branches

Now I can barely climb the stairs lol
Life would be very bland without memories like that, wouldn't it?
When I was a child my dad made us a treehouse in the field at the bottom of the garden. Actually, on one side it was the same level as the field, but at the other the land dropped away and there was a big old tree growing at the base of the wall, so we were in its branches and it felt like a treehouse.
Anyway, I made a kitchen in the treehouse and created these delightful concoctions of chickenfood, chopped-up swede which I nicked off my mum's goats, grass and mud. It was my ambition to persuade my younger brother to eat them but, do you know, he wouldn't even try them. What a wuss..... :rolleyes:
Stood me in good stead for my "creative" culinary skills today, though, LOL! (Which my brother still won't try!)
:joyful:

Reactions: 2 people

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone else noticed letters missing from the end of a line of words? I noticed it yesterday and it's still doing it today eg p missing from 'app', and #5966/7

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
They're the same as the ones on my phone and you have to be using the App. One part of it that does still work

You beat me to it Jan

@doolallylady if you use your mobile for the app you can select loads of smilies

I sometimes have a razzy with them

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
It's fair brightened up now. Running a TENS machine on my back and feel better. Maybe go for a soak with some Radox. Glad the week has finished and going to have a restful weekend and just chill out. :)

Reactions: 7 people