1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Life

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by emptyplate, Aug 4, 2015.

1. 13lizanne

13lizanne Type 2 · Expert

Sending you best wishes for better health soon @JohnEGreen we're all rooting for you. Take care x

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

Should be able to - you'll have a smiley icon on the bottom-left of your keyboard. Some programmes don't recognise them though so although they'll appear as you are typing, they disappear when you post your comment.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

It's good to have you back John and I'm glad the op went well, but please look after yourself and take it easy. That anaesthetic is going to stay in your system for at least a month, and will make you feel pretty wobbly at various times.
    Chill out and let the family look after you. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

O Lord! I have a VERY grumpy husband at home with gout this week and he doesn't take pain at all well...
    I do appreciate that gout can be very painful, but I'm not enjoying the fact that he needs to bite my head off every five minutes in order to deal with it. :grumpy:
    It did seem to be getting a little better last night but he has just informed me (loudly, very very loudly and with considerable animation!) that it's just started in the other foot.
    I hear the Outer Hebrides are nice at this time of year.... I wonder if I can get a flight this afternoon...?

• Hug Hug x 5
  5. mfactor

mfactor Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I suffered with it for a decade trying all sorts of stuff to stop it , cherry juice , bromolin ? , going meat free etc and finally gave in to the doc and started taking allopurinol , and have been pain free (odd twinge) for the last ten years........

Poor hubby its the most painful thing I have even felt.......

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Ooh, that does sound painful. We have a dog on allopurinol (i think that's it)
    Mayb original poster could ask doc if Gabapentin could help it's for neuropathic pain

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. Liam1955

Liam1955 Type 2 · Master

Morning All. Fasting was 9.3 this morning, clearly my Liver has been busy? As before bed it was 9.0 and never had any crackers and cheese for my supper as I did not feel at all hungry. :(

• Hug Hug x 4
  8. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Car is in for a service this morning

Just mooching around Carlisle filling in time

It's bright and sunny here albeit a wee bit cooler than previously

Hope the folk not feeling 100% get some respite and soon back on form

No football this weekend ️ and I'm missing it already

fasting bloods of 6.1 this morning well chuffed with that

Have a good Saturday

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Hate waiting around when car is in. Mooching is the perfect word. Wandering aimlessly around shops not really looking for anything, mayb picking up a few bits you don't really need, forever checking the time and not wanting to wander too far....
    Wish I'd put long sleeved top under my lightweight zip fleece. Still chilly in direct sun. Must've dropped really cold last nite. Morning breeze is just sooooo chilly. My bums cold too.....

• Like Like x 6
  10. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

@Japes enjoy your weekend. Sounds like you deserve a good one

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

@eddie1968 hope you slept well and are raring to go again today. Methinks you been working too hard now you back at work

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

I'm in the (long drawn out) process of persuading him to get an apt with his doctor.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
  13. debrasue

debrasue · Guest

It's encouraging to find such a large group of people so in touch with their bums :joyful:

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

@JohnEGreen your sense of humour is still intact, despite major op and still feeling lousy...good job you had spinal as full anaesthetic might've made you feel even worse. Glad you had help to get you back to bed.
    Hope you start feeling better today

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

@debrasue you DID make me laugh
    Was trying to think of a witty response including bottom or rear but failed miserably

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. 13lizanne

Just come back from our walk in the woods, the good thing about living here is that you can walk in Country Parks, nature trails etc and hardly see another soul. It's even quieter in the Outer Hebrides I believe @debrasue but if you want peace and quiet you just have to come to the Scottish lowlands p.s stop off here and there's a cup of tea (wine) ready for you

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Ooh, perfect bliss.....

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. 13lizanne

The crackers and cheese seem to help keep your fbg down @liam1955 I remember you mentioned that a while ago. Never mind! Its probably been a one-off

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Diamum5972

Diamum5972 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

No wonder you love your walks Anna, it sounds lovely and peaceful.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  20. 13lizanne

Yes we have friends from the Midlands who holiday here. They always are surprised by how quiet the roads are, and even in towns how few people there are compared with where they live. We have a much smaller head per square mile population than England in general. Even our cities have lots of low-rise housing. It does mean that if you live in a village, as we do, you have lots of peace and quiet

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook