Type 2 Life

D

debrasue

Morning everyone, don't know what's happening but phone buzzed today to inform me someone had posted!! Not had that for weeks, & it seems at this moment it's working didn't have to rejoin, past few mornings bgs 7's & even had an 8!!!! Hospital finaly made boots but no good, bad fit & had excruciating hip pain, to top it all I'm been bombarded with nasty txts from that 'friend' again. So stressed, well let's hope things are back to normal & I can get on forum without rejoining every time
Aww, Maureen, I'm sorry you're having these troubles. It's not surprising that you're getting higher BGs, when you're so stressed.
I'm sorry to hear about the boots, too - how frustrating for you. How can the hospital have got them so wrong?!!
As regards your unwanted 'admirer' (although it's hard to call him that when he's sending you nasty messages), is there no way you can block his calls/texts on your phone? It's totally unacceptable that you should have to tolerate such harrassment...
I'm glad you've got your easy access to the forum back, though.
Big hugs x

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning all, hope everyone is well. I won't be on here much today, DS is having his dodgy tooth extracted today so he's going to need some TLC. His appointment is at 11 so true to form he's eating a day's worth of food before we leave so he won't get hungry :) Have a good one everyone
Hope to catch you later. I wonder who will be taking the most painkiller, you or him. lol

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun the last few times France has been covered in clouds! We generally fly 4,500 - 8,500 feet. My other half actually learnt to fly at Biggin, he loves that airport. Elstree closer to us now so we don't go there very often.

D

debrasue

Morning all, hope everyone is well. I won't be on here much today, DS is having his dodgy tooth extracted today so he's going to need some TLC. His appointment is at 11 so true to form he's eating a day's worth of food before we leave so he won't get hungry :) Have a good one everyone
I hope it all goes well (for both of you!), Barbara.
Hugs x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How are your levels now @liam1955 .:)
Your Insulin is really effective. I wish i didnt have to take 55-60units at a time.
Im down to 2 inj a day but only because i want to lose weight. On stopping canagliflozin i was using 60-80-80 units but now at 60-55 units on r-ala suppliment too. Im currently decreasing insulin as 4s were waivering on hypers but losing weight on 4s. 5s are comfortable. But as I decrease insulin I might go into 6s. We'll see.
It takes me ages to get my insulin right if there is a change in medication. How are you settling on your new units?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's lovely to see you @maureen5752 :)
Have you considered getting the police involved with your stalker? Harrasment is against the law in the uk.
PM me if you need support. I'm here for you. :)

Reactions: 5 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aww, Maureen, I'm sorry you're having these troubles. It's not surprising that you're getting higher BGs, when you're so stressed.
I'm sorry to hear about the boots, too - how frustrating for you. How can the hospital have got them so wrong?!!
As regards your unwanted 'admirer' (although it's hard to call him that when he's sending you nasty messages), is there no way you can block his calls/texts on your phone? It's totally unacceptable that you should have to tolerate such harrassment...
I'm glad you've got your easy access to the forum back, though.
Big hugs x
Glad to be back, feel really ill, while out had threatening bad language calls, txts & found loads of stuff (the used unwanted) dumped at back door of flats!!! So stressed never know what's going on can't relax!!

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to be back, feel really ill, while out had threatening bad language calls, txts & found loads of stuff (the used unwanted) dumped at back door of flats!!! So stressed never know what's going on can't relax!!
Don't know how to pm

S

Sable_Jan

Morning everyone, don't know what's happening but phone buzzed today to inform me someone had posted!! Not had that for weeks, & it seems at this moment it's working didn't have to rejoin, past few mornings bgs 7's & even had an 8!!!! Hospital finaly made boots but no good, bad fit & had excruciating hip pain, to top it all I'm been bombarded with nasty txts from that 'friend' again. So stressed, well let's hope things are back to normal & I can get on forum without rejoining every time
Is it possible to block that number? I think you can on most phones now?

Reactions: 3 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@ickihun - Levels are back to usual, I have fasted all day, just had coffees and water- but now going to start preparing Evening Meal. I am on 30 Units of Insulin on a morning (long acting supposed to be for 18 hours, but I don't think it lasts that long?) and 14 units on an evening, it's the evening time that the Diabetologist said to increase by 2 units at a time because that's when I have a bigger meal (Dinner) - but, I have no intentions of increasing it because I will PUT ON Weight = if I alter the Insulin it is to Decrease it. Good you are back on form Vicky xx :) William x

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Sorry @maureen5752 - but this person is a 'B*****d', - what can we do to help? William xx

S

Sable_Jan

Liked but on laptop wiuldve been a hug

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yey, coming off Metformin ... Doc says lower blood pressure, cholesterol and HbA1c means stopping this is fine - will review other medication in 4 months, but exercise and lifestyle changes have made such a difference.

Also, shouldn't beat myself up if I fall off the wagon once in a while. It's a good day today!

S

Sable_Jan

Yey, coming off Metformin ... Doc says lower blood pressure, cholesterol and HbA1c means stopping this is fine - will review other medication in 4 months, but exercise and lifestyle changes have made such a difference.

Also, shouldn't beat myself up if I fall off the wagon once in a while. It's a good day today!
Totally agree with that last line ...
Very well done on all the "lowers"

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry @maureen5752 - but this person is a 'B*****d', - what can we do to help? William xx
Thanks for support, I could tell you but don't think that's allowed on here ha ha. It's awful I'm looking over my shoulder, checking number when phone rings. Still he's not type to give up, been going on for agesssssss!!!! Hope your doing ok, seems I can get on forum without trouble today !!!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I hope it all goes well (for both of you!), Barbara.
Hugs x
Thanks for your good wishes @debrasue and @ickihun - unfortunately it didn't go as planned. While the dentist was pulling out his dodgy tooth she nicked the roof of his mouth, she tried to put a stitch in it but it was right on the edge of the numb area so was unsuccessful. He was in so much pain he had to have more anaesthetic which meant more delays :( Good job I brought some walnuts with me to snack on, I tested myself just when we were leaving and I was 5.1 which is quite low for me. Still, we're feeling much better now - I have my cup of tea and he's watching YouTube videos while dosed up to the eyeballs with painkillers!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
One more day to work and not looking forward to it at all but then after tomorrow guess what

I'm on annual leave yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Whoopeeeeeeeee
LOL

One week off just to rest
Nowt planned but so good not to get up and go in

I will have a few lie ins

We might go to either Liverpool or Manchester (or both) A day in my beloved Lake District is calling me

And I am going to sink one or two cans

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Where is @eddie1968 this evening? Anybody know if he went to the Dentist?
Yes - got the all clear and visited doctor today and got antibiotics and nasal spray for sinusitis. My face is still sore and will take a week to clear up. :)